Lulu On QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
Am I the only one who has gone off Lulu since she has come on QVC selling her wares:wonder:? Why is she making it out that she is doing all this selling of creams and lotions for us because of the goodness of her heart:doh:?
Oh, please! Lulu, you are out to make money, and please don't think we are all idiots!:dull:
I am watching the 10 pm show, and I have taken a dislike to her sell technique.
Isn't it funny, I used to like her :nod:

I am watching the 10pm show and think poor lulu looks tired - skin a bit flat and hair dull and lifeless. she usually looks so fresh and glossy and imo very good for her age. However tonight she is not a particularly good advert for her products I dont think.

I've never been a fan since she hit the headlines belting out "Shout" and even less so now she's trying to convince us that her youthful looks are all down to these products!

What annoys me about Lulu (and anyone selling snake oil) is that we're supposed to believe that she was mixing her own creams for years and getting these amazing results that astounded all her friends and fans. And now (because we're sooooo blessed) she has deigned to share her 'secrets' with us. So, the finest minds in chemistry etc bring out creams and lotions, all of which have limited results and have to be relatively careful about the claims they make. But LULU, a singer, has trumped all of them and brought us her magic creams...and at an affordable price.

Please.

I don't mind the bird. I haven't bought anything though and doubt I will. Celebrity endorsements don't interest me. But lots of people love her stuff. And if it works then ticketty boo.

It's the sales patter that makes me chuckle. How no other facial oil sinks into the skin other than Youth Juice. Oh really ... so Decleor, Elemis, Clarins et al who have been selling facial oils for years haven't got it right?! Don't be daft! Claim yours is the best by all means Lulu, the others all do so why shouldn't you, but don't trash the competition.

What annoys me about Lulu (and anyone selling snake oil) is that we're supposed to believe that she was mixing her own creams for years and getting these amazing results that astounded all her friends and fans. And now (because we're sooooo blessed) she has deigned to share her 'secrets' with us. So, the finest minds in chemistry etc bring out creams and lotions, all of which have limited results and have to be relatively careful about the claims they make. But LULU, a singer, has trumped all of them and brought us her magic creams...and at an affordable price.

Please.
Another thing about this is "DrJoe" starting spouting in the lunchtime show claiming that their oil was the only thing on the market to mimic natural sebum. I'm sorry but I think there's even bigger skin care ploughing millions into research that can't make these claims. By all means sell your wares on QVC but please don't spout lies and rubbish to sell it. Lulu claimed her "pout" was down to to her lip liner and lipstick but not so long ago she appeared on QVC and my mum commented Lu looked like her lips had been blown up with a bicycle pump!! Sorry I've just started posting and all I seem to do is moan but I love skin care but I hate people making unsubstantiated claims about their products.

Lulu was appearing in Butlins the other month. :grin:

I put a link to a newspaper interview she did saying she was brought on board by the John Frieda people at 58 for Time Bomb. So the hand mixing the creams and potions is as false as her no fillers etc she no longer uses.

How Lu looked in the 10pm, well someone must have forgot to switch on the soft golden lighting they usually use for her, Liz and Tova. If you watched her on Strictly she looks the same as the 10pm show in real everyday life.

What IS it with all these pretentious ****** names ? I cant imagine going into see my GP and saying 'Hiya Dr Alan, how's yer belly off for spots !". Perhaps Dr Joe is in the same stable as 'Dr Perricone' (whom we cant call 'doctor' in this country, so its just Perricone. I think thats right). and is a figurehead for a laboratory that churns out gallons of the same skincare products for everyone from Lulu to Linda Lusardi !!!!!

I do love though, the way that Lulu hides her notes behind 2 damn great faux flowers, pathetic aint it.

....It's the sales patter that makes me chuckle. How no other facial oil sinks into the skin other than Youth Juice. Oh really ... so Decleor, Elemis, Clarins et al who have been selling facial oils for years haven't got it right?! Don't be daft! Claim yours is the best by all means Lulu, the others all do so why shouldn't you, but don't trash the competition.

That there Dr Joe had a knock at my beloved EVOO. "That's all it is - Olive Oil" he said, or words to that effect.
Huh! How very dare he!

Olive Oil is 100% natural, but

contains strong, natural antioxidants such as vitamin A and Vitamin E which aid cell renewal. This helps postpone the natural aging process and repair skin that has been damaged by sun exposure, pollution and environmental hazards.
Contains a natural moisturizer called squalene which can help regulate sebum secretion and help reduce sebum production.
Contains chlorophyll which can aid skin healing and improve wounds and other scars such as acne and blemishes.
http://www.alexaheinrich.com/2011/07/natural-skincare-extra-virgin-olive-oil-evoo/

Whereas Time Bomb Youth Juice Secret Oil contains

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oleyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, BHA, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol.​

I agree its a ploy from John Frieda to use Lulu to front up the products, and I"ve gone of her also,

but to be fair she was doing the show with no make up on, only her cream, and i look awful

also when i have no make up on, so it was brave of her to go "commando" also he he

Seems to be the new thing on QVC now

Crikey reading the Charlie and the bulge thread going commando! and now Lulu also going commando.

Sorry but I cannot stand either of the 2 Lulus that appear on QVC. One is a hag that peddles bags, and the other a hag that peddles cream to REMOVE bags. It is highly likely she had bags herself, that is until before they were probably surgically removed! Or was it the miraculous cream she concocted that magic'd 30 years off her age?! I wouldn't mind her if if she were honest and said, "actually I have had x procedure and x procedure done, and I thought I'd devise my own skincare range to make some money." But she doesn't say that. She appears to suggest / imply that she owes her youthful appearance entirely to her products. Well, I'm sorry I just don't believe it Lulu! I also don't like the nasal quality to her voice on that "shout" record. I'd love to be a QVC presenter and ask all my guests about their cosmetic surgery!

That there Dr Joe had a knock at my beloved EVOO. "That's all it is - Olive Oil" he said, or words to that effect.
Huh! How very dare he!

Olive Oil is 100% natural, but

contains strong, natural antioxidants such as vitamin A and Vitamin E which aid cell renewal. This helps postpone the natural aging process and repair skin that has been damaged by sun exposure, pollution and environmental hazards.
Contains a natural moisturizer called squalene which can help regulate sebum secretion and help reduce sebum production.
Contains chlorophyll which can aid skin healing and improve wounds and other scars such as acne and blemishes.
http://www.alexaheinrich.com/2011/07/natural-skincare-extra-virgin-olive-oil-evoo/

Whereas Time Bomb Youth Juice Secret Oil contains

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oleyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, BHA, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol.​
Thank you for this useful info minim.
So it is mainly olive oil :happy: I see that Oleyl alcohol is one of the main ingredients which a fatty alcohol coming from inedible beef fat.....So all I need is to mix some olive oil with some beef fat :giggle:

Sorry but I cannot stand either of the 2 Lulus that appear on QVC. One is a hag that peddles bags, and the other a hag that peddles cream to REMOVE bags. It is highly likely she had bags herself, that is until before they were probably surgically removed! Or was it the miraculous cream she concocted that magic'd 30 years off her age?! I wouldn't mind her if if she were honest and said, "actually I have had x procedure and x procedure done, and I thought I'd devise my own skincare range to make some money." But she doesn't say that. She appears to suggest / imply that she owes her youthful appearance entirely to her products. Well, I'm sorry I just don't believe it Lulu! I also don't like the nasal quality to her voice on that "shout" record. I'd love to be a QVC presenter and ask all my guests about their cosmetic surgery!

As mentioned earlier, the way she says things she makes it sound as if she is crusading to save the women by offering a great service , so why doesn't she charge cost price, plus just a little profit for her trouble, instead of charging so much , to make a big far profit?
Come on Lulu, you are out to make money, so less of the drivel please!

It all smacks of desperation. These "celebs" dont know when to give up. When they are not in the limelight anymore their Agents tell them to go out and "design" to up their profile; whether it be jewellery, shoes, fashion or skincare/cosmetics - its either that or Strictly, or the Big Brother/I'm A Celebrity......... route !!!!

Well, Ms Laurie has done 2 out of the 3 - skincare and Strictly, so now the Jungle is on speedial !

Latest posts

Back