lulu guinnesss tsv this sunday.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was almost tempted to buy the TSV in purple or red because my daughter is called Anna. (Does anyone know why she chooses the names for her bags??) But... I just couldn't justify spending £130 on an admittedly beautifully named bag that looks no bigger than the purse that came with my Tignanello TSV last year!

As for Lulu, she seems to be marching to the beat of her own drum, but that doesn't mean that she's a very easy guest to watch on QVC. Things seemed rather prickly between her and Anne Dawson when I watched at midday.

Last edited:
I was almost tempted to buy the TSV in purple or red because my daughter is called Anna. (Does anyone know why she chooses the names for her bags??) But... I just couldn't justify spending £130 on an admittedly beautifully named bag that looks no bigger than the purse that came with my Tignanello TSV last year!

As for Lulu, she seems to be marching to the beat of her own drum, but that doesn't mean that she's a very easy guest to watch on QVC. Things seemed rather prickly between her and Anne Dawson when I watched at midday.

She mentioned on Sunday that she chooses old English girls names to use for naming the bags.

Well, my black patent Wanda has just arrived. Well impressed with the delivery time - well done QVC! However, I was expecting to be blown away after unpacking a £200 designer bag, and sadly I am not :doh:

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely bag, but it just doesn't warrant the £200 price tag. Yes it's beautifully put together, but I have also received a real leather bag from elsewhere this morning for the price of the first LG easy payment and it's so much nicer!!! I am gutted, I really wanted this bag and I was so excited but hey ho, I think it may have to go back.

It came by courier in a huuuge box. They won't collect though will they as it's not heavy enough....I wonder if I request a collection due to the size of the box?! I think I may be pushing my luck, along with asking for a refund of my original p&p :giggle:

Just received my Lulu Guinness TSV. NOT IMPRESSED!!! After all the hype, I decided to order my first bag as I do love the designs, despite the price, so was glad to see a smaller bag as the TSV. But it's awful - my bag arrived with what looks like small splodges and smears of glue all over the front of the bag which would need picking off, which I'd be worried would spoil the leather. Very poor quality control - at that price you'd think someone would have checked it before they sent it out!:headbang: Needless to say it is going straight back and it will be my first and LAST Lulu Guinness bag!:heartbroke:

Same here Maidmarian! I received a purse I had ordered elsewhere this morning too and guess what?! That's all packaged up ready to go back too! It was £63 (reduced price) and was so titchy you could barely get 5 pound coins in, no space for cards. However the box was lush, and it came with a matching gift bag :mysmilie_378: So I have come to the conclusion that we are basically paying for the very pretty boxes and the 'name'......I have learnt my lesson though, and no longer will I be envious to hear my sister in law brag about how she gets LG at cost price through a friend with a bag shop! More fool her for paying for overpriced tat (just in my opinion of course)!! :mysmilie_510:

BTW I emailed customer service about the DS reg thing, and commented on the box being huge and too large for me to carry to the Post Office (I'm almost not exaggerating either!!) and they replied saying they will get the courier out! Wooh ooh! If I were you MM I would ask for a label as it's obviously faulty :wink:

Fancy that!! Thanks for posting, Capirossi - seems like we're both a bit miffed with Lulu Guinness now! :devil: It's a pity you were disappointed though. After I ordered the TSV I went on the LG website and had plans to splash out on a small purse to go with the bag, but I'm so glad I didn't bother now. I've been tempted by one of her bags for SOOO long but I can't believe how rubbish this bag was, let alone for £130.00!! At least it means that it's 'broken the spell' and like you I won't feel like I am missing out on other LG 'goodies'! I have thought about asking QVC for a label but I'll have to wait a few days and I'm going to the post office today, anyway (to return another 4 items - tut tut!) so I might as well just pay to return the LG bag. It just came in a small plastic bag, rather than a box. I will check to see if they refund the original postage costs though. I've left a poor review for the bag on the QVC website so I will see if they accept it!:grin:

Glad I haven't bought any LG bags. The designs aren't great and are just way too overpriced.

I can't understand QVC and companies such as Lulu Guinness, who hope to tempt new customers to their products, not pulling out the stops to impress with their quality and value when they have a TSV! Those who've been tempted to go for the TSV but are disappointed enough to return it, probably won't buy again from the range.

Sound like another PR own goal for QVC and LG!

Jude xx

Yes, I agree Jude. When I saw the state of it I couldn't believe it - for such a 'premium' brand. I noticed straightaway, as the 'glue-y' smears and spots were so obvious. One way or another LG's brand has been let down. It also didn't look or feel as 'luxurious' as I expected. I know it was 'cheap' at £130 in comparison with her other bags but it didn't feel at all 'special' or a good investment and I was very disappointed as I felt like I'd aspired to own a Lulu Guinness handbag and thought I'd try the TSV as a 'taster'. It looked like something from the market!! I was all set to buy other bits and pieces from LG - maybe a few less expensive accessories or even another bag at some point in the future, but as you say - as a new customer, I've been put off for good, I imagine. Shame really.:doh:

I can't understand QVC and companies such as Lulu Guinness, who hope to tempt new customers to their products, not pulling out the stops to impress with their quality and value when they have a TSV! Those who've been tempted to go for the TSV but are disappointed enough to return it, probably won't buy again from the range.

Sound like another PR own goal for QVC and LG!

Jude xx

I agree that disappointed purchasers probably won't buy from the range again and they tell other people about their experience which is a double blow for the brand.

Just received my Lulu Guinness TSV. NOT IMPRESSED!!! After all the hype, I decided to order my first bag as I do love the designs, despite the price, so was glad to see a smaller bag as the TSV. But it's awful - my bag arrived with what looks like small splodges and smears of glue all over the front of the bag which would need picking off, which I'd be worried would spoil the leather. Very poor quality control - at that price you'd think someone would have checked it before they sent it out!:headbang: Needless to say it is going straight back and it will be my first and LAST Lulu Guinness bag!:heartbroke:

Same here Maidmarian! I received a purse I had ordered elsewhere this morning too and guess what?! That's all packaged up ready to go back too! It was £63 (reduced price) and was so titchy you could barely get 5 pound coins in, no space for cards. However the box was lush, and it came with a matching gift bag :mysmilie_378: So I have come to the conclusion that we are basically paying for the very pretty boxes and the 'name'......I have learnt my lesson though, and no longer will I be envious to hear my sister in law brag about how she gets LG at cost price through a friend with a bag shop! More fool her for paying for overpriced tat (just in my opinion of course)!! :mysmilie_510:

BTW I emailed customer service about the DS reg thing, and commented on the box being huge and too large for me to carry to the Post Office (I'm almost not exaggerating either!!) and they replied saying they will get the courier out! Wooh ooh! If I were you MM I would ask for a label as it's obviously faulty :wink:

Yes, I agree Jude. When I saw the state of it I couldn't believe it - for such a 'premium' brand. I noticed straightaway, as the 'glue-y' smears and spots were so obvious. One way or another LG's brand has been let down. It also didn't look or feel as 'luxurious' as I expected. I know it was 'cheap' at £130 in comparison with her other bags but it didn't feel at all 'special' or a good investment and I was very disappointed as I felt like I'd aspired to own a Lulu Guinness handbag and thought I'd try the TSV as a 'taster'. It looked like something from the market!! I was all set to buy other bits and pieces from LG - maybe a few less expensive accessories or even another bag at some point in the future, but as you say - as a new customer, I've been put off for good, I imagine. Shame really.:doh:

Wow! that's a shame.

The only Lulu bags I've see up close were at Heathrow and they are always immaculate, so am really surprised to hear of the state of your ones. You really ought to shoot off sn e-mail to head office and see what they say.

Anyway, am still looking forward to receiving my one from the States, and at least I'll have only paid 50 quid for it.

I hope it's a fab bag BFT when it arrives :wave:

Jude xx

Cheers, once again thanks for heads up, however if it's shyte, I'll be billing you.:giggle:

I think with the QVC stock they are having to churn too many out and the quality is slipping, might be an idea for Lulu to bow out of this whole QVC association, coz in some ways she is already devaluing the brand, I'm all for making premium brands accessible but if the quality you're supposedly paying for, is compromised, what's the point??

It will be a cold day in hell before we ever see Mulberry on QVC, although I'd love the opportunity to buy one on E-Z pay,lol. But for one thing,each Mulberry bag takes a ridiculous amount of time to make and this process can't be "speeded" up for the likes of QVC.

Although I do remember once seeing Gucci and I think Prada on Ideal World and I thought "what the bleep?", but then I also know there is high end Gucci and "reject" Gucci so it kinda made sense.
So I'm not sure how I feel about these "luxury" brands apparing on these channels, I'm thinking maybe some things should stay out of reach??

Maidmarian, I send defective goods back to QVC, either by recorded delivery or special delivery, attaching a copy of the full postage costs, together with a short explanation of the reasons for the return, to Dept Q, Liverpool L70 2QA, and request that QVC credit the postage costs to my credit card. To date it has.

If I were you, I would also complain to Lulu G, either at her headquarters or at her shop in London. The TSV might be 'cheap' in comparison with those sold in her shops, but it is still bl**dy expensive for a plastic bag.

The sooner QVC and its suppliers realise that people are not going to be fobbed off with tat, the better.

Good luck.

Jay

I see there are no reviews published yet for the TSV :mysmilie_506::mysmilie_845:

I noticed that too.

I wonder how long before the options appear "instock" as the returns arrive back in the warehouse?

Jude xx

Thanks for your posts! Yes, I think the quality of LG's bag's must be slipping on QVC due to the having to make larger quantities. She must shift bucket loads more than she ever used to!! I think she did make a comment about the fact that the factory was struggling to keep up with the demand!!:giggle: I may have been unlucky with mine - maybe some people will be thrilled with their bag but even without the glue on mine I wasn't impressed and it would have gone back anyway. No-one in their right mind would ever have thought I'd paid £130 for it!!:confused: I'm waiting to see if my negative review pops up on QVC soon!

It cost me £2.86 to return via recorded delivery, which I guess isn't too bad but I will be really annoyed if they don't refund my original postage:angry:!! I guess they will. I might try and get a refund for my return cost and send an e-mail to customer services if they don't post my review.

I imagine it's nice for big Lulu Guinness fans to be able to buy some of the pricey £300-£400 bags on easy-pay on QVC - just hope they have better luck than I did!! Having seen one in the flesh I don't really see what all the fuss is about!

7 reviews up now - all 4 or 5 stars!!!:confused: Mine's not on there though!!

Wow - that was sudden! It's almost as if someone read what we said :confused: I will keep an eye out for a bad review MM, hehe!

I notice the reviews for the bag I bought were all high too, saying best bag ever etc. To be honest, it was a nice bag, but if you're happy to pay £200 for a plastic bag with a 'posh' name on that looks like it cost £50 from Next then carry on, just not for me :wink:

Latest posts

Back