lulu guinnesss tsv this sunday.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it's called Anna and they don't have it in the cream! It's £170'ish - have seen it on there somewhere. I just caught a promo for the Wanda patent bag, did anyone hear whether it was 3 or 4 easy payments? I thought 4 but showing as 3 online. Am now wondering whether this will change tomorrow after I am very naughty and order one tonight :mysmilie_516:

Here it is: 144599

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.144599

And here's the Wanda - or the I Wanna!! :dull:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.143457

I think it's called Anna and they don't have it in the cream! It's £170'ish - have seen it on there somewhere. I just caught a promo for the Wanda patent bag, did anyone hear whether it was 3 or 4 easy payments? I thought 4 but showing as 3 online. Am now wondering whether this will change tomorrow after I am very naughty and order one tonight :mysmilie_516:

Here it is: 144599

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.144599

And here's the Wanda - or the I Wanna!! :dull:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.143457

Thanks for posting. :smile: Neither of those are to my liking really so I won't be tempted to buy. Will check out the show tonight though.

Lulu Guinness Eyelet Anna Patent Leather Cross Body Bag with Bow
Item Number: 148186
QVC Price £170.00
Today's Special Value Price £136.32
Availability In stock
UK P&P £5.45

Description
Exude vintage style with this fabulously feminine Anna bag from iconic designer Lulu Guinness. Designed especially for QVC, the bag comes in a choice of fashionable Black, Red, Stone or Purple. It boasts pretty bow detail at the front with a flap top opening which fastens with two magnetic poppers. The glamorous silver-look chain strap feeds through four eyelets and can be worn long or short and also across the body. The patent leather adds to the bag's look of luxury and sophistication and its small size makes it perfect for evenings out too.

Silver-look hardware
2 x magnetic poppers
Inside there is a side zip pocket
Branded patent badge on the back
Comes with white, branded drawstring dust bag
Lining: red and cream lips on a black background
Outer: 100% patent leather, lining: 100% cotton

Colour options:

Black
Red
Stone
Purple

Measures: 18.4cm x 6.4cm x 13cm (7.25" x 2.5" x 5")
Double strap drop: 33cm (13")
Single strap drop: 58.4cm (23")
All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.148186

will be on easy pay but not till 12AM

Thanks SCW - different to the one I found - doh! Actually quite fancying this too :cheeky:

Decided I don't like it, bit 'twee' for me!! Went for the Wanda in black as was shopping online for a black work bag today - so yay :mysmilie_378:

How annoying is this woman though? Poor Catherine was trying to announce the hot picks and shows for the rest of the day and she kept butting in :mysmilie_503:

I bought this for a fiver a couple of weeks ago after a long search for a small cream bag dating back to the leather kipling tsv (which wasn't even cream when it arrived) and it does the job and I don't care if the handles drop off or if I bin it after a season: http://avonshop.co.uk/product/jewellery-and-fashions/bags-and-purses/patent-chain-cross-body-bag---white.html

Don't get me wrong, I love spending money on bags but if I'm spending over £100 I want something special that I'll love for years and this ain't it!

Jude xx

tula used to make bags for avon and may still do. i have many bags that have lasted me years.

I like Lulu also, think I've said this before, she reminds me of that character from Will & Grace. Remember Karen?? Karen would be Lulu, if she had any actual talent.

The other things I like about Lulu are , she completely ignores the presenter sometimes and just talks over and around them, whereas this might seem rude coming from someone else, somehow when Lulu does it , it just makes me chuckle. It must be a toff thing(not me, her), where you just pretend you're paying attention to someone, but you've actually blanked them out. Lulu does this a lot.

Also Lulu appears to be ever so slightly medicated, this appeals to me also(legal meds, I hasten to add)

Lastly, I do like some of her bags and may one day purchase one if the mood takes me. I do think some of the things are overpriced but then there are others which I think are completely worth the money.

Not once in the two years since she's been on QVC have I ever, ever, ever, seen a stitch out of place or a wonky piece of embellishment when they do a close-up on the bags. The finishes on her bags are superb, so I'd be willing to shell out some extra cheddar for one of them.

On the flip side of that coin(although they are not in the same price bracket) the amount of times I have seen close-ups of Butler and Wilson bags with missing bits, wonky stitching and wot not, and I think, "how have they let that on air?, it's embarrassing".

Yeah, so Lulu is a bit of a kook, but she's a quality kook.:happy:

Lulu Guiness has Bipolar Disorder. I rather like her actually, although not keen on her bags.

This is taken from an article in the Telegraph a couple of years ago:

She has also learnt how to manage her depression, which was triggered by the birth of her first child, and led to a diagnosis of bipolarity. 'God, we were so lucky, even 15 years ago - the awareness, the lack of stigma, the medication.' She laughs. 'It's a very difficult illness to understand when it's happening to you, and not a pleasant thing, but the silver lining' - she lets out a big sigh - 'is that you spend a lot of time with other people who are depressed, you appreciate things a bit more and, through doing therapy and group sessions, you become a much wiser person. I think you learn to empathise. I'm not judgemental any more. I'm not as critical.'

Has she learnt the danger signs? 'Totally. I'm very self-aware. I know my behaviour patterns. The main danger is that, time and time again, I've stopped taking my medication. You think, "Hurray, nothing's wrong, I'm happy," so you stop, and then… I've done this to myself too many times, so now I just take the dosage down very, very low.'

When she talks about this her eyes are closed, and she doesn't open them until her next sentence. 'Most things make me happy,' she says. 'My natural character is optimistic. I'm a bipolar optimist.'

Last edited:
I love the kooki cat Wanda bag and dangerously, would be tempted to buy if it was on easy pay. Thank goodness it wasn't.

Lulu Guiness has Bipolar Disorder. I rather like her actually, although not keen on her bags.

This is taken from an article in the Telegraph a couple of years ago:

She has also learnt how to manage her depression, which was triggered by the birth of her first child, and led to a diagnosis of bipolarity. 'God, we were so lucky, even 15 years ago - the awareness, the lack of stigma, the medication.' She laughs. 'It's a very difficult illness to understand when it's happening to you, and not a pleasant thing, but the silver lining' - she lets out a big sigh - 'is that you spend a lot of time with other people who are depressed, you appreciate things a bit more and, through doing therapy and group sessions, you become a much wiser person. I think you learn to empathise. I'm not judgemental any more. I'm not as critical.'

Has she learnt the danger signs? 'Totally. I'm very self-aware. I know my behaviour patterns. The main danger is that, time and time again, I've stopped taking my medication. You think, "Hurray, nothing's wrong, I'm happy," so you stop, and then… I've done this to myself too many times, so now I just take the dosage down very, very low.'

When she talks about this her eyes are closed, and she doesn't open them until her next sentence. 'Most things make me happy,' she says. 'My natural character is optimistic. I'm a bipolar optimist.'

i for one like lulu but not all her bags. she comes across as fun and is a very talented designer.

Not once in the two years since she's been on QVC have I ever, ever, ever, seen a stitch out of place or a wonky piece of embellishment when they do a close-up on the bags. The finishes on her bags are superb, so I'd be willing to shell out some extra cheddar for one of them:happy:

I'm not a fan of the plain bags like this TSV or the Wanda, Romilly etc, I like the quirky ones with embroidery and catchphrases. I have one Lulu bag, the rainy day bag with the dress-up doll on it! I bought it about eight years ago in her shop in Pont Street. She was there at the time and was quite lovely. I only saw her and chatted for a couple of minutes, but I would say she was exactly the same as she is on QVC - she has no TV persona but is just herself.

I agree with BenFongTorres about the quality of the finish on her stuff too. When you see the range IRL there is indeed not a single stitch out of place, and that's on bags with a heck of lot of stiching...

I didn't know about her depression, but the quotes from the interview make me like her even more :star:

. I have one Lulu bag, the rainy day bag with the dress-up doll on it! I bought it about eight years ago in her shop in Pont Street. She was there at the time and was quite lovely. I only saw her and chatted for a couple of minutes, but I would say she was exactly the same as she is on QVC - she has no TV persona but is just herself.

ArtDeco - do you know where her bags are made? Is it UK? Do they have a made in... label inside? I'm hoping they would be, am very tempted today but don't really want to pay that much money for something designed over here but made in China.

I like her and I like a lot of her bags and have noticed Lulu herself is always immaculately turned out.She seems a nice person,quite honest too,which is a change for someone on qvc.
The only thing I dont like about her show Is Catherine fawning all over her !!

Latest posts

Back