Lulu Guinness TSV 25/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I cant help but think that if this was a 'bona fide' bag (not made for qvc), then the fabric on the inside flap would be the same as the inside of the bag, instead of just black.

I made the mistake of buying a tsv a few years ago - blue polka dot fabric, and the whole inside fabric was plain black, so cannot find anything in it.

I noticed that the bags on the LG website now have fabric underneath the flap which didn't match the lining, so this may not be just for Qvc. It is definitely a sign of cost cutting and quality going down though as I have an older bag which had leather lining under the flap.

The one time I have ever experienced LG in person... One day waltzing through TKMaxx, noticing the messy rummaged pile in the clutch bag section, underneath the mountain, an LG lips clutch..missing its box and tissue paper (which I later located in the sweater section)
Lips Clutch
TK price, £89.
Even so, at that reduction I didn't buy. Simply because I was amazed how 'cheap' the quality was. It felt cheap, it 'smelled' cheap. This confirmed to me never to be tempted to purchase any LG bag, but instead, save a little more for a really nice cute LouisV, that never dates, and oxidises nicely as it ages.

The quote of the day must be from LG herself as she referred to one of her bags "...and it looks so expensive" Ahem -- maybe because it is expensive! (for what the customer gets)

A footnote: TK Make a profit at £89, which a reminder of the actual cost price of this clutch which I would take a guess at approx £15. (LG £325) It looked £15.

Isn't retail shopping a wonderful thing !!

Last edited:
ooh i just ordered it in the indigo, will go perfectly with my new dress. i personally have a lot of LG pieces, and think they're all fabulous!

Careful Louise, this reads like a "more money than sense" post and could cause offense.

I have more handbags then sense but I don't stick to the same brands or styles, I have a couple from Asda for less than a fiver, which have lasted years and still get compliments. I have a couple of LG bags but there are far more that I wouldn't buy even in the 70% off sale. But the ones I have are very well made and her patent leather is exceptional.

Louise was only giving an opinion which is what I thought this forum was about regardless of whether you agree with her or not.

I agree with you Whitesnake I think telling someone to be careful what they post is a ****** cheek. We are all entitled to our opinions and that's why we are members of this forum.

Thankfully i have no need for a small bag this time around so my money is safe!

I am quite disgusted that they are selling http://www.qvcuk.com/Lulu-Guinness-...uct.117607.html?sc=[Ljava.lang.String;@660066[/QUOTE] for nearly £300 when it was in the sale on the LG website for 70% off, only a couple of weeks ago and didn't seem to sell even with that huge reduction. It's over £200 more on Qvc. What a con.

They said on air there were only a few of these bags, probably because it is the dregs of the sale.

They do similar things with items that have been in the Lola Rose sale too, but the price differences aren't as huge as with the LG bags.

Really really puts me off buying from Qvc when they pull stunts like this.

Yes, QVC have done this on a number of occasions. A few years ago a large patent leather tote shopper with embossed LG head on the side, was still being offered on Q at full price, when I bought mine in the LG Sale at 70% off.

If LG is still making money at this discount, then what profit are Q making ? I don't think the "huge buying power " spiel holds any water now, particularly when stock sells out quickly and most products are either on waitlist or advanced orders

Hi,

i love the colour of the indigo, but am not so keen on the shape, so I dont think I'll buy (tho i did regret not going for the last LG TSV!).

I have to admit that I am going off her designs a bit - her last few seasons havent been to my taste at all.

Have splashed out on a couple of pre-loved Mulberry Darias instead :)

Cheers,
Karen

I do like some of the bags but not enough to pay these prices.I have ordered twice and although the bags were lovely when I looked at the price I would have to pay decided they were simply not worth it.Some people love them ( & it's their money!) me NO! I love it when Lulu says she has got her OBE for 'services to the fashion industry' is that the same as owning a business & making lots of money from it? Yes she loves Q as many people will love the hype & EZPays, leaving LG to use her services--- counting the cash.

I thought the bags were overpriced but the credit card holder is off the scale. You would have to be insane to pay £53 plus P&P for that.

Insane? Why? Surely it's all about personal choice.

I think it's insane to spend £50 a week on cigarettes... I bet there are some on here that do.

Which is more 'insane' - spending money on an item that you'll enjoy using for months or spending it on a carcinogen that might kill you. It's all about priorities and perspective.

People get so judgmental on here sometimes.

I don't smoke and only drink a couple of glasses of wine per week. I tend to spend my money on enjoying life, holidays and dining out. I just turned the L.G. show on to have a closer look and yes I would have to be off my rocker to spend that amount on a bag that looks plasticky and cheap. Good luck to all those who buy one I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Oh dearrrr we always have this happening whenever there`s an LG thread. To each their own, nobody is right, nobody is wrong and it`s all down to personal preferences. You`d think we`d all be over the I love/hate LG stuff by now. Nope I don`t buy LG, nor do I smoke or pay for gigolos on Saturday night or bulk buy wine gums but hey good luck to those who do.

I don't smoke and only drink a couple of glasses of wine per week. I tend to spend my money on enjoying life, holidays and dining out. I just turned the L.G. show on to have a closer look and yes I would have to be off my rocker to spend that amount on a bag that looks plasticky and cheap. Good luck to all those who buy one I hope it lives up to your expectations.

I have a few LG bags... The shop front ones... I ALSO spend my money on 'enjoying life' too. It's not an 'either / or' situation you know.

Believe it or not, some of us that buy things we want, do so willingly and with a sane mind. I don't see why that is so hard to comprehend.

Everyone is going to have different opinions about what's over priced or frivoulous, whether in relation to Lulu Guinness or not. I wouldn't pay £53 for a card holder either or £90 for a Yong Kim dishrag that looks like it's been kicked round the floor of Primark (imo!). I'd never buy a new car given it plummets in value the second it leaves the garage forecourt and I can't fathom why some parents spend a fortune on kiddie ugg boots or trendy gear that's only going to fit their kiddie for a matter months. But I daresay what I spend on holidays, handbags, shoes would have plenty shaking their head in disbelief too!

Each to their own, it wouldn't do if we all liked the same things, life would be boring. I am never likely to buy anything LG... her voice grates on me I switch over/off as soon as I hear her twee little tones .lol

I have only once seen a LG bag in the flesh, so to speak, and it looked lovely but not suitable for my everyday so it was relatively easy to pass on by. I don't watch the shows because I know I could be tempted. I don't feel comfortable using a crook of the arm bag (I call them Queenie bags) so most of her designs are not for me no matter how much I might lust after the bag.

Personally I always think a bag is only as good as it's lining so I always pay attention to that as pens brushes etc can play havoc with linings. I'm sure we all own Bags which are in good nick on the outside and in holes on the inside. The best I ever had was an unlined bag as the leather in and out just got better with wear.

Hiya,

i use a handbag organiser to put all my pens etc in.

Saves any accidents with ink or makeup!

Cheers,
karen

I have never been interested in LG bags. Not my style at all. We have them in House of Fraser and I have nosed but just do not like the designs. I have seen a few women carrying them(on the bus no less), like the Kipling hard not to miss. If people like them and buy them good luck to them.

Latest posts

Back