Lulu Guinness TSV 25/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Ian, it's not for me, I already have a small bag with the brushed brass finish lips but on the whole I don't really like the look of the big lips. As someone posted on here a while ago, it's like Hercule Poirot's tash!

Hmm, I don't like the lips either. I would really like a small Lulu to take out for the evening, without the stupid chain strap and huge lips! The red and the blue look lovely, but they're spoilt by the lips. I would like this in black leather/patent minus the lips. Not going to happen is it?! Money is safe :) Thanks for posting.

I cant help but think that if this was a 'bona fide' bag (not made for qvc), then the fabric on the inside flap would be the same as the inside of the bag, instead of just black.

I made the mistake of buying a tsv a few years ago - blue polka dot fabric, and the whole inside fabric was plain black, so cannot find anything in it.

Never had the yen, or wanted to spend the sponduliks - to go for her range. It is, imho, overpriced tat which - and some may see this as a plus, I personally would regard it as a 'keep your purse shut' negative - is aimed at making the target audience feel as if they are buying what the celebrities are wearing when, in reality, they are purchasing a bag 'designed' - we need to remember that LG is the designer of the line, she does not sit there as one of the girls who actually manufacture said bags - by a lady who creates her wares for famous ladies who can afford, or don't care, to spend, how much they pay.
As a comparable, Kelly Hoppen designs for celebrities such as les Beckhams who, I am sure, pay more than we do on QVC. They will be getting a superior product, which is bespoke to them. Our KH sells in thousands, and is for the Q but, simultaneously, she does not feel comfortable skimping on the high tc. Quality wise, we are getting a high end product.
In conclusion, I do buy KH; I have not, and would not, purchase LG. If I had a desire to, I would pop over to Amazon, and save a bundle.

Careful Louise, this reads like a "more money than sense" post and could cause offense.

I have more handbags then sense but I don't stick to the same brands or styles, I have a couple from Asda for less than a fiver, which have lasted years and still get compliments. I have a couple of LG bags but there are far more that I wouldn't buy even in the 70% off sale. But the ones I have are very well made and her patent leather is exceptional.

Never had the yen, or wanted to spend the sponduliks - to go for her range. It is, imho, overpriced tat which - and some may see this as a plus, I personally would regard it as a 'keep your purse shut' negative - is aimed at making the target audience feel as if they are buying what the celebrities are wearing when, in reality, they are purchasing a bag 'designed' - we need to remember that LG is the designer of the line, she does not sit there as one of the girls who actually manufacture said bags - by a lady who creates her wares for famous ladies who can afford, or don't care, to spend, how much they pay.
As a comparable, Kelly Hoppen designs for celebrities such as les Beckhams who, I am sure, pay more than we do on QVC. They will be getting a superior product, which is bespoke to them. Our KH sells in thousands, and is for the Q but, simultaneously, she does not feel comfortable skimping on the high tc. Quality wise, we are getting a high end product.
In conclusion, I do buy KH; I have not, and would not, purchase LG. If I had a desire to, I would pop over to Amazon, and save a bundle.
We always have the " them that do and the them that don`t buy " posts whenever LG bag threads are posted. Much the same as everything else in life, some people like Marmite and some don`t. There`s no right or wrong opinions but live and let live. I daresay we all have our weaknesses and I daresay all of us have bought something which other people would deem a waste of money and so be it, that`s who we are. I don`t buy LG bags, Yong Kim, brussel sprouts or Marmite and as long as people don`t criticise me for not buying them then I won`t criticise people who do buy them. It would be a rather boring world if we all liked the same things and if we all liked the same things then Q would be up the Swanee because the buggers never have enough stock lol !

Careful Louise, this reads like a "more money than sense" post and could cause offense.

I have more handbags then sense but I don't stick to the same brands or styles, I have a couple from Asda for less than a fiver, which have lasted years and still get compliments. I have a couple of LG bags but there are far more that I wouldn't buy even in the 70% off sale. But the ones I have are very well made and her patent leather is exceptional.

No intention to cause offence, Akimbo. We work hard for our money and it is our decision, consequently, what we do with it, and how we spend it. I really don't think the 'more money than sense' mantra can be applied definitively to anything. Personally, I wouldn't pay her prices for a handbag, whoever made it. I would be frightened to go out with it, in case someone scuffed it. I am also loathe to spend ANY money on myself; my dogs, all day long. Myself, I cogitate and feel guilty and then, approx. 1 minute later, decide I don't deserve it.
I am surprised LG doesn't bring a range of luxury dog accessories on to the Q; leather diamante collars : dangerous, imo, as someone may steal the dog to get what they believe is valuable; a pink dog jacket, embossed with red lips. I have boxers, a dad and his son, and there is no way on God's green earth, I would dress them up like dolls. My eldest isn't too well, and is losing weight, so I bought him a coat to maintain his body heat. He wouldn't wear it.
Back to the original point, it's each to her own and, if we feel we deserve a treat, it needs to be something we want and love, or it will be a pointless exercise. If that is a LG bag, then so be it.
In her defence, I do think you can differentiate between a genuine LG bag, and a copy.

It`s such a pity about the lip fastener because I honestly feel it spoils the look of the bag. It seems out of proportion, too big for the bag and you notice the fastener instead of the bag.

I agree with that Vienna. Shame, but it'll save me some money!

I have become far more selective with my Lulu bags of late and now just have a few 'classics' that don't feature lips!

We all have our thing. I like to spend my money on my home and on my clothes/shoes/handbags etc. I like to dress classically and stylish, and from the skin up! Therefore, I appreciate good underwear, good perfume, classy clothes, shoes and accessories and, mostly, handbags! To me, going out without a sexy pair of heels and an extremely well-made, beautiful bag is akin to going out without make-up! On the rare occasion that I go out in skinny jeans and flat boots (usually mid-monsoon!!) I just don't feel myself.

However, I do hate spending hundreds of pounds on handbags. I have recently bought a second hand LK Bennett red patent bag and I am delighted with it. I will only pay LG prices for a bag that I know I will be using when I am 80! The TSV isn't one of them, but the previous (patent Amelia) is. I hope she does more colours in this, I will definitely part with my cash for another of these :)

Last edited:
Is it just me or is that last image grey and white/cream with black lips?! I have only just noticed this, and the fact that the strap is removable. I must say, the black lips are much better than the red and if indeed that is grey and white/cream I could be tempted as an evening bag....oops!

I thought the bags were overpriced but the credit card holder is off the scale. You would have to be insane to pay £53 plus P&P for that.

Latest posts

Back