Lulu Guinness TSV 12/12/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like it but make a point of never ordering QVC exclusive as in general things tend to be a lesser quality!

Having seen it 'in the flesh' I have to say the quality looks just as good as all the Franka's I have had. I am disappointed with the new zip pulls though, and not keen on the new plaque on the front. I don't like it enough to pay £300+. Lulu bags have to have the wow factor for me. My black and white polka dot patent Franka was on the lunch time show and it sold out. I am still chuffed with it! I took it to work today as I wanted to test it out and my male client complimented me on it! The shows are not the same without Lulu. Nicola isn't too bad as she knows thr products, but that other lady is just someone they wheel in and it does the brand a huge injustice (I think anyway, but I am something of a LG nerd!!)

Just saw Franksy, presenting the LG hour, with Lulu's 'mini me'. Sometimes the presenters open their mouths, and the biggest load of c**p pours out; Jill was showing us a bag, priced at £190 + p+p, and referred to it as a 'gifting' present. What planet is she on?

Ah, well. The answer could be a whole new thread, but still. I haven't any Lulu bags though I did buy my daugher a tote bag from the Lulu site and she absolutely loves it. I just hope, though, that they never put the large Polyanna on clearance because I could be seriously tempted by that.

Just saw Franksy, presenting the LG hour, with Lulu's 'mini me'. Sometimes the presenters open their mouths, and the biggest load of c**p pours out; Jill was showing us a bag, priced at £190 + p+p, and referred to it as a 'gifting' present. What planet is she on?

I saw that!!! Could not believe my ears!!!!

Yep I've got that one ear-marked as a thank you gift for my regular Hermes guy when he comes back to regular duty, probably after Christmas!

I mute JF but it's even worse on mute, her body language is so aggressive (or perhaps desperate) that I notice I tense my shoulders to the point of discomfort in less than five minutes. The words she is saying are "positive" ("amaaazing" , "can't live without" etc) but the body language tells a very different story.

I wish Julia had her ipad with her last night! They were showing a pencil case with a typewriter on the front and 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' printed along the top and saying how it would be an ideal gift for a student or a writer - I was dying to tweet.....

NOT WITH THAT APOSTROPHE ERROR IT WOULDN'T!!!!!!! :mysmilie_13:

I wish Julia had her ipad with her last night! They were showing a pencil case with a typewriter on the front and 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' printed along the top and saying how it would be an ideal gift for a student or a writer - I was dying to tweet.....

Thank you, that has annoyed me for months. Every time they show it I start to get tense for some reason

Is it really written like that? Someone needs to tell the company and/or QVC. I will if nobody else has done so already. Do you remember reading about the mum who complained to Marks & Spencer that "Baby Giraffe's" was printed above a picture of two giraffes on children's pyjamas, and M&S withdrew the lot?

Is it really written like that? Someone needs to tell the company and/or QVC. I will if nobody else has done so already. Do you remember reading about the mum who complained to Marks & Spencer that "Baby Giraffe's" was printed above a picture of two giraffes on children's pyjamas, and M&S withdrew the lot?
It has been mentioned on QVC's Facebook page but if people continue to buy the item I don't think QVC or LG will do anything about it.

I did - ages ago. LG's response:

Dear

Thank you for your email.

The embroidered phrases used on our products are to represent a quick jot down by Lulu of a phrase she loves, it captures the actual musing of Lulu to give a sense of authenticity.

We will however pass your comments on the relevant department for future collections.

Kind regards,

Lulu Guinness Customer Services

I did - ages ago. LG's response:

Dear

Thank you for your email.

The embroidered phrases used on our products are to represent a quick jot down by Lulu of a phrase she loves, it captures the actual musing of Lulu to give a sense of authenticity.

We will however pass your comments on the relevant department for future collections.

Kind regards,

Lulu Guinness Customer Services

That didn't address the issue of bad punctuation at all then, did it? I don't think the person who replied understood what was wrong with the phrase!

I notice on the QVC page for that little bag, in the QVC description they have it without the apostrophe - the bag in the photo obviously still has the error.

It has been mentioned on QVC's Facebook page but if people continue to buy the item I don't think QVC or LG will do anything about it.

Too true! I still don't think they feel there is anything wrong with it as it is.

An earlier tote bag - I think it was the "Library" one selling for gawd knows how much - had the same mistake. I phoned up QVC and told them and also wrote it in a review and someone actually ticked the box to say that the review was unhelpful! So much for education - the review system is pathetic. Is this in Lulu Guinness's handwriting?

edit: Here's a picture of the bag and it wasn't a tote bag, even. I think it's a Jenny bag and retailing at this site for £225! Teachers beware of this bag! You'll be a laughing stock!!

http://www.lyst.com/bags/lulu-guinness-jenny-library-books-bowling-bag-multi-coloured-1/

Jenny bag.jpg

Last edited:
An earlier tote bag - I think it was the "Library" one selling gawd knows how much - had the same mistake. I phoned up QVC and told them and also wrote it in a review and someone actually ticked the box to say that the review was unhelpful! So much for education! The review system is pathetic. Is this in Lulu Guinness's handwriting?

Have to agree about the review system. People will just mark a review as unhelpful if it's negative and they are a fan so I bet the person who marked yours unhelpful just thinks Lulu G can do nothing wrong. I don't understand how it helps us to know how many other people find a review helpful or otherwise anyway! Let us be the judge of that ourselves!

That didn't address the issue of bad punctuation at all then, did it? I don't think the person who replied understood what was wrong with the phrase!

So true. I did, however, spell out the error:

"I am horrified that a brand such as Lulu Guinness would make such an egregious mistake. It would have been bad enough were the mistake to have been printed on one of your foldaway shoppers, but to find it printed on bags costing between £225 and £325 is absolutely shocking. I am astounded that no one in the company pointed out the mistake before the bags and purses went into production. If, however, the mistake had have been pointed out prior to production – “Hey Lulu, surely you don’t mean ‘Don’t judge a book by it is cover”? - then the charge of arrogance is added to one of ignorance.

I suggest that everyone at Lulu Guinness, including your press officers, read ‘Eats, Shoots and Leaves – the zero tolerance approach to punctuation’ by Lynne Truss. Until such time, I suggest that you keep the written word off your bags."

One can but try. Jay

The sad thing is, if the bag is selling they won't give a toss!!!! The LG staffer probably didn't understand the point made in your letter, the way things are going these days. I despair at times.

Latest posts

Back