Lulu Guinness One Time Only

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't keep us in suspense Pickle, give us a ickle clue :smirk: haha!

I thought I'd never sell one of my LG but I considered it last night. I thought why not sell it and put the proceeds towards another that I will use more, but looking on LG site there is nothing screaming at me. So, I may consider doing that in the future when she brings out a new range/design. I would still struggle to part with any of mine though. I think the one I would consider selling is my Large Jenny, black patent quilted lips, as I barely use it. I also have the stone (cream) one which I use more. Maybe it's time to start buying LG bags that I will actually use! I love the Jenny bags, they just don't stay on my shoulder and the handle is a bit long to use as a 'hand' bag - besides, I like a shoulder bag, the small the better!

Have you sold any of yours before?

Don't keep us in suspense Pickle, give us a ickle clue :smirk: haha!

I thought I'd never sell one of my LG but I considered it last night. I thought why not sell it and put the proceeds towards another that I will use more, but looking on LG site there is nothing screaming at me. So, I may consider doing that in the future when she brings out a new range/design. I would still struggle to part with any of mine though. I think the one I would consider selling is my Large Jenny, black patent quilted lips, as I barely use it. I also have the stone (cream) one which I use more. Maybe it's time to start buying LG bags that I will actually use! I love the Jenny bags, they just don't stay on my shoulder and the handle is a bit long to use as a 'hand' bag - besides, I like a shoulder bag, the small the better!

Have you sold any of yours before?

Seriously? OK: I have a mock patent purple LARGE Wanda bag that I used only about twice, it's ideal as a work bag but too big as a regular handbag so that needs to go to someone who'll get more use from it. I also have a black leather patchwork lips Ruthie shoulder bag that was a bit of an impulse buy (!!) and I have other black LG bags that I like better so I have to be tough!!

I like your thinking! I'm thinking the same thing as I'm now craving that Voyage tote (I'm impossible!). I always thought that I could NEVER part with any of my LGs but, as it seems I'm unlikely to stop buying them, something has to give - unless we move to a bigger house!

I have a few of the Jennys, a red patent quilted lips one, a couple of embroidered ones and the doll-face one that was made just for QVC. I think they are a great bag because they are roomy without looking huge when you carry them around.

I sold another of the large Wandas on ebay last month that had been my work bag for the last two or three years. Considering the use it'd had, it had stood up remarkably well but I just wanted a change.

I use all my LGs, not all the time but they all get their turn.

Watch this space........:sun:

how do the lg patent leather ones stand up to use. i have a beautiful guess bag but the handles are showing signs of wear.

how do the lg patent leather ones stand up to use. i have a beautiful guess bag but the handles are showing signs of wear.

To answer your question, Iloveshopping, I would say pretty well as long as you look after them. Like I have said though, I alternate all my bags apart from my work bag so they don't get prolonged periods of use. I also treat all my bags with either leather cream or patent leather spray so that they are that bit more resilient. One of my patent LGs got absolutely soaked once when I was caught out in torrential rain so when I got home I wiped it with a soft, clean cloth and let it dry naturally and then polished it up when it was dry - it was as good as new!

Obviously you have to take care not to scratch them but light scratches will polish out. I think, as long as you look after them, they are fine. They are investment pieces in my eyes, rather than disposable fashion so I guess they are something that you would take more care of, as opposed to a £30 high street bag!

Hope that's helpful :hi:

My Navy Franka bag has just arrived (pretty impressive as I didn't order it until Saturday evening!) and I have to say it is stunning! What I thought was going to be a canvassy material is actually a semi-shiney sateen fabric. I love it!

Any sign of yours yet, Capirossi? Let me know what you think when it arrives :happy:

Wooh oooh!!!! Glad you like it. It sounds lush! Mine arrived too, but it went back with the blinking DX courier as it required a signature - grr!! I have just re-arranged delivery for tomorrow and will have to try and put a note on the door to leave with my neighbour. I assumed it would be Hermes as he leaves stuff in my bin for me! I can't wait now.

I bumped into a colleague today who bought the cream quilted lips Jenny after seeing my photos on facebook!! I had my Carmella with me and she emailed me later in the day to ask the name of it, she's going to buy that too!! I have created a monster, haha!!!

Is it tomorrow you go away? Hope you have a fab time! What Lulu's are you taking?! :tongue:

Wooh oooh!!!! Glad you like it. It sounds lush! Mine arrived too, but it went back with the blinking DX courier as it required a signature - grr!! I have just re-arranged delivery for tomorrow and will have to try and put a note on the door to leave with my neighbour. I assumed it would be Hermes as he leaves stuff in my bin for me! I can't wait now.

I bumped into a colleague today who bought the cream quilted lips Jenny after seeing my photos on facebook!! I had my Carmella with me and she emailed me later in the day to ask the name of it, she's going to buy that too!! I have created a monster, haha!!!

Is it tomorrow you go away? Hope you have a fab time! What Lulu's are you taking?! :tongue:

Oh no! I hate it when that happens - so near and yet so far! I think it is lovely, surpassed my expectations, I wish I'd ordered it ages back when it first appeared! Hope you love yours as much.

I bet the cream quilted Jenny is gorgeous, I have it in red. I think I saw a Carmella like yours on ebay this weekend - I don't think it's part of her current range is it?

Yes, we go tomorrow, thank you. We leave early (0430! :sad:). I'm taking my mink quilted Wanda bag (the most recent TSV!) and, for the evening, my small black patent Annabelle!! Hehe!!

My black Wanda arrived today they left it with my neighbour and I am really pleased that I went for it, it was on the 4 pay as well according to the invoice in the box.

My black Wanda arrived today they left it with my neighbour and I am really pleased that I went for it, it was on the 4 pay as well according to the invoice in the box.

Fantastic! Glad you like it, that was an amazing bargain! Think the matching purse is still available too.....:grin:

Anyone know when the Lulu Guinness summer sale starts online? Can't be long now. I fancy something in the confetti print, maybe the pollyanna, though I know I love the wanda shape.

Jude xx

Oh no! I hate it when that happens - so near and yet so far! I think it is lovely, surpassed my expectations, I wish I'd ordered it ages back when it first appeared! Hope you love yours as much.

I bet the cream quilted Jenny is gorgeous, I have it in red. I think I saw a Carmella like yours on ebay this weekend - I don't think it's part of her current range is it?

Yes, we go tomorrow, thank you. We leave early (0430! :sad:). I'm taking my mink quilted Wanda bag (the most recent TSV!) and, for the evening, my small black patent Annabelle!! Hehe!!

Ooh I had my eye on the mink! We're so alike!! Don't know why I didn't go for it. Same happened when the Franka was a tsv :rolleyes: Excellent choice of bags there! :p

Oh Del I bet it's gorgeous in real life. Glad you got it on 4 pay too :)

Anyone know when the Lulu Guinness summer sale starts online? Can't be long now. I fancy something in the confetti print, maybe the pollyanna, though I know I love the wanda shape.

Jude xx

Oh no, had forgotten about the summer sale. Argh!!

No, the Carmella is an old range. I actually got it off ebay. The seller still has one/some for sale - will direct my colleague there. She has loads for sale, and they're all brand new. I'd love to know how these people do it, or where they're able to buy them all from so cheaply :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My bag is stuck in parcel limbo with the totally incompetent DX.....rearranged delivery for today, nothing, website doesn't recognise my details, the automated phone system doesn't recognise plain English, no-one answering the phone.

:(:banghead::mad:

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Phone QVC CS and get them to put a rocket up DX to sort out your delivery, your contract is with Q and theirs is with DX; they should do the running around for you and in my exerience QVC can get them to deliver when you've started pulling your hair out. Also the more complaints they get about DX the more likely they are to use other couriers.

So frustrating waiting for your lovely bag to arrive, hope it comes tomorrow for you.

Jude xx

I know Jude :(, I was so excited coming home today! I rang QCS and they just said that their system was showing "calling card left, delivery unsuccessful". I asked if there was anything they could do, she just said to call back if there were any problems. She sounded very young.

I just went back onto DX website and put another redelivery request in for work for Monday. So I have no idea whether it's coming here tomorrow, or work Monday, or even where it is!! I am calling them first thing, if I get no joy again I am getting straight onto Q and ask them to reserve me another in case it doesn't turn up. Or better stll, send me out a new one with Hermes!!

Not a happy bunny :-( My heart skips a beat whenever I get to the page where it says delivery. If it's Royal Mail or DX I know there is going to be a problem. Argh!!

Hey Capirossi! I see your bag turned up at long last as I spotted your review on QVC! Glad you love it as much as I do. I expect you guessed that mine was the review before yours - doesn't take much to work out that I'm "Pickle's Mum"!!

Hey Capirossi! I see your bag turned up at long last as I spotted your review on QVC! Glad you love it as much as I do. I expect you guessed that mine was the review before yours - doesn't take much to work out that I'm "Pickle's Mum"!!

Hey!! How was your holiday? Yes, it turned up and I fell in love with it straight away!! I did see your review. It was only after mine was accepted that I realised I sort of stole your title, ha ha!! I have been in the sale too :eek: my red quilted lips wallet looked just awful coming out of the Franka!! I went for the mink nappa small continental. Am not looking any more. I want another Franka now :rolleyes: Are you indulging in the reductions?

Oh help ! lusted after the large aqua basket weave Annabelle bag, but a ridiculous amount on qvc - now its half price in the Sale, dont think I can resist !!!!! Cant believe that most of the stock at qvc is available in the sale at half price !!!!!!

Oh help ! lusted after the large aqua basket weave Annabelle bag, but a ridiculous amount on qvc - now its half price in the Sale, dont think I can resist !!!!! Cant believe that most of the stock at qvc is available in the sale at half price !!!!!!

Go on Brissles.....you know you want to!! :clapping:

I thought the same as you - hope nobody buys on QVC without searching wider first.

Latest posts

Back