Lulu Guinness' New Handbag Hardware

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a few - all bought in the sales though..and a cute purse with red flowers on and a makeup bag. And an umbrella. Currently using a black/white lips print Wanda. I only do the cotton/non-leather versions so I'm slightly limited but the last sale I got the confetti print Pollyanna (I think, the perspex framed one) and it's SO gorgeous I'm too scared to take it anywhere!

I sold a Mulberry I never used and a pre-loved Pink Franka so I splurged on a Vivienne! oh, and I sent back the Leoplard Franka which was WAY more than the Vivienne so thats how I justify it to myself :smirk:

Flip i thought Vivienne W would have been way way more expensive that a Lulu bag, just shows you should never pre-judge things . I might splurge
when i eventually sell my 2 Lulu bags, and treat myself to a Mulberry bag, you've all put me in the notion of one :giggle:

Sorry Cheshire Set I didn't quite get the name right! Duh!!

Patrick Cox is another lust of mine. About the same price as LG. A bit more funky and less classic than LG. And very affordable in the sale. I have thus bag in soft grey and strawberry ice cream pink ... eBay item no 390363061230.

Brand new it was £300 plus but I bought the grey one in TK Maxx for £70.

Please bear in mind I like small structured handbags. The photos are a bit deceiving on that one. An old style kindle will fit in that one.

But Mulberry is the bees knees I have to say. They're quality personified and I've never had so many people coo over a handbag.

I here!!

I divide my affections between LG and Mulberry and have recently started a love affair with a lovely little Vivienne Westwood bag......:happy:

I did buy the Leopard haircalf Franka but didnt love it as much as the other 4 that I have soI returned it (DSL obviously!)

Interested to hear that the Leopard calf-hair Franka didn't live up to expectations as that's one I really like the look of.........maybe in the sale?!!

Oh wow, I haven't seen that before. It's gorgeous! I hope you manage to find one :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Think I remember that one but not sure how long ago it's from - don't think it's too recent and it's not one that crops up on eBay much either. I agree though, it is beautiful!

Thank you for getting this thread rolling, PP:bear: I knew you, and definitely Capirossi, Akimbo, Tinkerbelle, SparklyBarbs, JR and lawrenson would come forward with your views as you are all collectors of Lulu bags:happy:
Where is Weathergirl:thinking:she has a few bags too I think. Have I missed any others from the LBG ( Lulu Bags Gang)?

You're welcome! I'm nothing if not predictable!!:giggle:

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have 9 Mulberry bags Tinks, but I agree they are the Gold Standard of handbags :wait:

You're a jammy git then Jabba ... lol.

I'd happily have more Mulberry bags. I really really want the black small bayswater. I am saving up for it.

The orange one you have is fab! I do love my fuchsia one and it is without doubt the best quality bag I have. It even out-qualities my Gucci. But my poor old Gucci is old and well used.

My "collection" ... not a fan of that description really ... is more about colour than anything else. I love having a bag in a colour to match, clash or stand out. My standard colours are black and pink and I have more pink handbags than black.

Interested to hear that the Leopard calf-hair Franka didn't live up to expectations as that's one I really like the look of.........maybe in the sale?!!

It was a beauty but for the £536 price tag it didn't make my heart sing....I actually preferred the plain black side, beautiful leather.

Ha ha Caretodiffer, i'm a
reformed collector now, come to my senses, and as i said only going to look out in the sales. Sensible head on . There's a couple of names missing.
Spartacus, and ????? :confused:
I think I have come to my senses regarding ordering things from QVC after paying about £40 in postage. I have been browsing through the clearance and so far I have been good . Today with all the OTO, I have resisted dialling the ordering number:happy:
I will wait till the Lulu sales also.

Cheshire Lady should be on that list I think.

I'm a collector of handbags. I'm not exclusively loyal to any particular brand. Damn. I'm a handbag tart!

Back to my delish pink Mulberry today having moved to the yellow Tig for the weekend. I ought to move to the orange Osprey next to really clash my colours.
Make the most of the new trend of clashing colours :happy:
It always cheers me up when I see a bit of bright colour during these dreary wet and cold days when people are wearing dark and gloomy macs and coats.

I've got the orange Mabel from Mulberry Tinks it's as lush as the pink bags

http://www.naughtipidginsnest.co.uk...ry-Mabel-in-Orange-Refined-Grain-Leather.html

That is a lovely bag, Jabba::clapping: It is one of the newest design isn't it, I drooled over one similar to that the last time I was in London.

I here!!

I divide my affections between LG and Mulberry and have recently started a love affair with a lovely little Vivienne Westwood bag......:happy:

I did buy the Leopard haircalf Franka but didnt love it as much as the other 4 that I have soI returned it (DSL obviously!)

I thought the Leopard Franka looked nice , what was it that you did not like about it, Cheshire Set?

I've got a few - all bought in the sales though..and a cute purse with red flowers on and a makeup bag. And an umbrella. Currently using a black/white lips print Wanda. I only do the cotton/non-leather versions so I'm slightly limited but the last sale I got the confetti print Pollyanna (I think, the perspex framed one) and it's SO gorgeous I'm too scared to take it anywhere!
I like the shape of the Pollyanna, it is quite unique isn't it:happy: I know what you mean about being scared of taking the bag out though, I had to squash my Ruthie under my seat on the plane and I was so concerned :sad:

That is a lovely bag, Jabba::clapping: It is one of the newest design isn't it, I drooled over one similar to that the last time I was in London.

I thought the Leopard Franka looked nice , what was it that you did not like about it, Cheshire Set?

For the £536 I would have to love it! It was beautiful but perhaps not as timeless as other frankas (the moc croc one is the one I use everyday) and I wasn't sure how long it would be before I tired of the leopard. I can't really put my finger on it but it wasn't for me, am sure others will love it :)

I like the shape of the Pollyanna, it is quite unique isn't it:happy: I know what you mean about being scared of taking the bag out though, I had to squash my Ruthie under my seat on the plane and I was so concerned :sad:

I know what you mean, I'm always very careful with mine but I think they are more robust than they look (within reason, of course!). Don't abuse them but probably no need for the full-on kid glove treatment either!

Hi,

one of the reasons I (particularly) like buying LG bags in the sale is because of this.

If I was paying £400 for a bag I would be really careful, but at £100 I tend to chuck them around a bit :)

Its the same with jewellery. Something at £500+ never gets worn, but I have numerous £50 pendants scattered round the house where I usually cant find them!

Cheers,
Karen

Caretodiffer, I don't have any Lulu bags, but it looks to me like the shape of the lips has changed - hence your Poirot association; there is definitely a little of the mustachio'd depth about them, rather than a wider, slimmer lip-like appearance. Compare and contrast? I think it's cock-up design-wise.

Maybe the new range will include 'the Suchet'?!! I do find her bags are pretty robust generally, although my union jack Dulcie came away from the frame a bit but that's cos I over-filled it. I could poke the seam back from where it came and it's been fine since. But I need a tote for all my 'other' bits that I insist on carrying at al times.

I do that Leighton Orient. I prefer small-ish handbags. The LG Wanda is about as big as I like to go. Bit then I carry another bag for my office crap ... netbook, files and the like. For every day I have a Kipling but for "posh" I have a black leather Furla tote bag.

We ought to do a poll for your favourite LG bag.

Jabba have you seen the Mulberry bags with the turtle or tiger locks?? Think they're on the Del Ray and the Lily. I'm not convinced.

Latest posts

Back