Lulu Guinness Handbags TSv 14/05/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In her blog JF refers to the bag throughout as though its a person!! This is beyond strange ...didn`t one of the LG girls do it too recently on air?

In her blog JF refers to the bag throughout as though its a person!! This is beyond strange ...didn`t one of the LG girls do it too recently on air?

To be honest I call my Jenny bag 'Jenny', I call Eva "Eva", I really don't care what others think, it is the name of the bag after all, so it just feels natural to say "she is beautiful", or what ever, as it does have a human name. I've known people give names to their cars, shoes, all sorts of objects, it's not all that unusual.

I wasn`t meaning using the bags brand name but using `she` and `her` and "I was lucky enough to take her out and about with me and she also enjoyed being well looked after in my dressing room. She sat looking beautifully chic enjoying the moment, and brushed of the glances from the competition surrounding her "
I think its unusual to talk about them as though they have a brain and feelings!! JMPO

Well...I ordered the TSV in Mist...and then I cancelled it almost straight away. I saw them lined up on the Lunchtime show this afternoon but thought it didn't really grab me and say "BUY ME!" (oh no I'm anthropomorphising as well now!)

I'm sick of seeing Raspberry in every TSV (or so it seems) even though I love my patent raspberry Amelia. DD keeps "borrowing" her...I mean it!

Well...I ordered the TSV in Mist...and then I cancelled it almost straight away. I saw them lined up on the Lunchtime show this afternoon but thought it didn't really grab me and say "BUY ME!" (oh no I'm anthropomorphising as well now!)

I'm sick of seeing Raspberry in every TSV (or so it seems) even though I love my patent raspberry Amelia. DD keeps "borrowing" her...I mean it!

she does seem to do the same colours for most tsvs ive started to notice

I like it but I would have preferred more of the basket weave design on the bag like the wallet, the colours are lovely though, might be a tad too big for me though,

I agree, I think it would've been better if they reversed the weave and plain leathers, to make more of a feature of the weave design and match the purse. Seems more summery, somehow, too (maybe because it reminds me of picnic hampers, lol!) I really like it, though, and - had it been on 4 easy payments - would have been very tempted. I like the raspberry and mist best. The purse is on two easy payments, though, and my Radley purse is looking a bit tired, so might treat myself to that instead. :wink:

Purchased my first and only Lulu bag last year, having always loved her bags and lusted after them, (it was the Small Paula in Saffiano Leather with the big lips zip pull and contrast edge painting). I absolutely loved it, but the zip was really stiff and the giant lips zip pull (which I loved as a design feature) kept getting tangled up with the d-rings. Was also a bit concerned that the branding might break up and flake off of the leather. So, extremely reluctantly, I sent it back, as I just felt it really had to be perfect for that money. Think they finished up with quite a few returns on that one for those very reasons.

My second Lulu purchase was an umbrella, which also has a stiff opening and closing mechanism, a ridiculously short handle, and a very small shade. I am pressing on with it, though, as I couldn't bear to be parted from it. Sadly these experiences haven't put me off the brand, though! :giggle: I wonder whether I just haven't had a lot of luck as, although extortionate to me, I can only afford to buy the bottom of the range stuff, or whether the quality's a bit ropey on all of it? Just love the designs, though.

EDIT: Have just watched the video, and I *really* love the bag!! :doh:

Last edited:
It's a lovely looking bag but I don't want another Jenny. Should only be a few weeks until her Summer sale starts so I'm holding out for that :)

I agree, I think it would've been better if they reversed the weave and plain leathers, to make more of a feature of the weave design and match the purse. Seems more summery, somehow, too (maybe because it reminds me of picnic hampers, lol!) I really like it, though, and - had it been on 4 easy payments - would have been very tempted. I like the raspberry and mist best. The purse is on two easy payments, though, and my Radley purse is looking a bit tired, so might treat myself to that instead. :wink:

Purchased my first and only Lulu bag last year, having always loved her bags and lusted after them, (it was the Small Paula in Saffiano Leather with the big lips zip pull and contrast edge painting). I absolutely loved it, but the zip was really stiff and the giant lips zip pull (which I loved as a design feature) kept getting tangled up with the d-rings. Was also a bit concerned that the branding might break up and flake off of the leather. So, extremely reluctantly, I sent it back, as I just felt it really had to be perfect for that money. Think they finished up with quite a few returns on that one for those very reasons.

My second Lulu purchase was an umbrella, which also has a stiff opening and closing mechanism, a ridiculously short handle, and a very small shade. I am pressing on with it, though, as I couldn't bear to be parted from it. Sadly these experiences haven't put me off the brand, though! :giggle: I wonder whether I just haven't had a lot of luck as, although extortionate to me, I can only afford to buy the bottom of the range stuff, or whether the quality's a bit ropey on all of it? Just love the designs, though.

EDIT: Have just watched the video, and I *really* love the bag!! :doh:
My Lulu umbrella has proved a bad buy as the cats design on the fabric is flaking off. I have looked after it, always dried it before putting the protective sleeve back on. My lulu tote is faring better at the moment

I would have liked the weave to be on the main body of the bag,at least one side. As it is it does not stand out as special.The black looks more distinctive and that's the one that is selling best according to JF.

The problem I have is when presenters go on about 'wearing a bag', though saying that this is coming from someone who has never owned a handbag in their lives (more of a school rucksack type of person), which doesn't help my case with trying to establish my sex (read previous postings, if anyone can actually be bothered and I wouldn't blame anyone for not being), I am sure people have far far better things to do than read the rantings of a mad fat woman who is about to have a birthday with the number 4 in it (oh how I wish the 0 was on the left of the 4 and not on the right side of the 4, this is clearly when the right side is definitely on the wrong side). The point (for surely there must be one (mustn't there be), is that the only things I wear are clothes and a hat (yes I know we are in May but my hair needs cutting and I ain't got around to it yet, I hate the incessecnt small talk), so I may 'carry a bag' but never 'wear one'. I am more of a tech person. I can see that they are ok for 'stepford wives' and 'ladies that lunch' but that is not exactly me.

I will however say that whilst I find the guest presenter a bit 'lady but lunches' type of persona, but I will say she knows exactly how to use the cameras to show of the best effect of the camera and when she was showing a white perspex keyring (yes I do watch show, that I have no interest in (shut up ok :), tis my 'white noise machine'), she managed to show the Lulu Guiness logo up from White Perspex, so she is a natural and a good ambassadress for the company she promotes, I would still rather buy tech than a bag though.

I would like to apologise for two things (for those that have bothered to read this far).

1) The absolute abysmal use of grammar (namely brackets) used in this posting (I am going on an English course in September)
2) The posting being about absolutely nothing (I bet you guessed I was bored again), I may one day start my own blog 'the musings of a fat 39 and 3/4's androdinous/binary (or whatever other word is the correct PC, for someone like me) person. I am sure that my cat would like it so I would have at least one viewing, oops sorry even my cat has died, I have no one in the world but 1 !

I promise I will now shut up!

Hi,

I have a number of LG bags, but am not attracted to this one at all.

Even the bright raspberry looks a bit insipid on this bag.

Cheers,
KAL

The problem I have is when presenters go on about 'wearing a bag', though saying that this is coming from someone who has never owned a handbag in their lives (more of a school rucksack type of person), which doesn't help my case with trying to establish my sex (read previous postings, if anyone can actually be bothered and I wouldn't blame anyone for not being), I am sure people have far far better things to do than read the rantings of a mad fat woman who is about to have a birthday with the number 4 in it (oh how I wish the 0 was on the left of the 4 and not on the right side of the 4, this is clearly when the right side is definitely on the wrong side). The point (for surely there must be one (mustn't there be), is that the only things I wear are clothes and a hat (yes I know we are in May but my hair needs cutting and I ain't got around to it yet, I hate the incessecnt small talk), so I may 'carry a bag' but never 'wear one'. I am more of a tech person. I can see that they are ok for 'stepford wives' and 'ladies that lunch' but that is not exactly me.

I will however say that whilst I find the guest presenter a bit 'lady but lunches' type of persona, but I will say she knows exactly how to use the cameras to show of the best effect of the camera and when she was showing a white perspex keyring (yes I do watch show, that I have no interest in (shut up ok :), tis my 'white noise machine'), she managed to show the Lulu Guiness logo up from White Perspex, so she is a natural and a good ambassadress for the company she promotes, I would still rather buy tech than a bag though.

I would like to apologise for two things (for those that have bothered to read this far).

1) The absolute abysmal use of grammar (namely brackets) used in this posting (I am going on an English course in September)
2) The posting being about absolutely nothing (I bet you guessed I was bored again), I may one day start my own blog 'the musings of a fat 39 and 3/4's androdinous/binary (or whatever other word is the correct PC, for someone like me) person. I am sure that my cat would like it so I would have at least one viewing, oops sorry even my cat has died, I have no one in the world but 1 !

Why do you do yourself down so much ? Your opinions and thoughts are as valid as the next person`s. You are who you are, wear your persona with pride, dress as you please and revel in being yourself. You sound a caring , intelligent woman and your posts are as worth reading as anybody`s else`s.

I read the whole post and liked it. I don't have a like function on my phone app so that's why I never do. I am 43 and don't like LG bags really they are not my style, which is more a cross between utilitarian and boho (proper boho I mean! ). Oh and I also like using brackets. And lot's of these................ I would love to Be a lady wot lunches but I have to work full time and look after my kids the rest of the time. My only little relaxation is my shower and putting my face on. If I have a bath my daughter gets in with me, my son used to but it's time to put a stop to that now. My garden has become my haven, and I do buy a few Richard Jackson products and Q plants, but not many as I tend to use Lidl, Morrison's or garden centres. That isn't even relevant to this thread either..... sorry but I just wanted to show solidarity with you and to reinforce what Vienna said, we should just be ourselves and make the most of it.

I love Nicola and Lennie (not sure if I've spelt her name correctly), they're great at showing you around the bags and the both look great, I loved Lennie's chic monochrome look this morning, and Nicola looks great this afternoon, fab haircut. Other brand representatives could take note.

I love Nicola and Lennie (not sure if I've spelt her name correctly), they're great at showing you around the bags and the both look great, I loved Lennie's chic monochrome look this morning, and Nicola looks great this afternoon, fab haircut. Other brand representatives could take note.

Ok so I need help as I've just ordered the TSV in black as well... Someone take away my remote please :mysmilie_13: and its because of their really good presentations

Ok so I need help as I've just ordered the TSV in black as well... Someone take away my remote please :mysmilie_13: and its because of their really good presentations

Yes sometimes the presentations can be too good can't they :mysmilie_8:

Hope you enjoy your purchases. House of Fraser have an event on at the mo with 20% off, considering getting the Catherine envelope clutch in red, I can't justify it, I just want it!

Too pricey for me but it looks a nice bag. However, the colours on the home page are not the same as the item page where the raspberry looks darker. And is mist a grey as in the video or pale blue as in the photos? I have only seen the iPad film not the TV so I think the colour could be a bit off.

Yes sometimes the presentations can be too good can't they :mysmilie_8:

Hope you enjoy your purchases. House of Fraser have an event on at the mo with 20% off, considering getting the Catherine envelope clutch in red, I can't justify it, I just want it!

I have that one I am using it this evening in black when I go out, Catherine is my mums name so she bought it for me for that reason haha

Latest posts

Back