Lulu Guinness bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkearplugs

Guest Shopper
Aww come on now ! is this a joke, a canvas bag over 200 quid ?

I love my Kiplings and have so many but who the hell are they kidding here ?
Kipling bags are strong, fashionable, wash well, are cute, come in loads of colours and then they are flogging some stuff like this ?

Is this brand just aimed at Londoners who are into posh bags and who pose on the tube ?

Who would be able to tell the difference whether it was made by Lulu or by George at Asda ?
I think this is taking the piddle now ! Stoke Park face cream and now these bags in the middle of a credit crunch ?:11:

Quite unbelievable. The prices are well OTT and the styles are fairly unimpressive, IMHO, of course. ;)

Aww come on now ! is this a joke, a canvas bag over 200 quid ?

I love my Kiplings and have so many but who the hell are they kidding here ?
Kipling bags are strong, fashionable, wash well, are cute, come in loads of colours and then they are flogging some stuff like this ?

Is this brand just aimed at Londoners who are into posh bags and who pose on the tube ?

Who would be able to tell the difference whether it was made by Lulu or by George at Asda ?
I think this is taking the piddle now ! Stoke Park face cream and now these bags in the middle of a credit crunch ?:11:

My Mum swore by those nylon striped/checker type shopping bags that they sell in markets from 50p up - she had them in all sizes from the bag(ette!) to the huge laundry bag - never wore out and did her proud. She used to swear they did an oversize one for the traditional old London villain who still preferred to dump bodies in the Thames. A year or so ago, I saw a picture of Posh Spice sporting a Louis Vuitton version for - wait for it - 2 GRAND!!!!
More money than sense...

I agree so overpriced they must think we're all daft. How much money do they imagine people have to spend on handbags with the economy the way it is. :11: Most people prefer food, petrol and other such luxuries.

I agree, and for fear of going off thread for a nanosecond, todays TSV is another prime example.

I agree so overpriced they must think we're all daft. How much money do they imagine people have to spend on handbags with the economy the way it is. :11: Most people prefer food, petrol and other such luxuries.

ask all of the people on here who wet their knicks when Kipling comes on because theyre also ridiculously overpriced for what they are.

Maybe you're right but at least the price is a little more affordable than £200.

I own 4 Kipling and admit i could only afford them when they have been on easy pay . Its the bog standard square one that goes across the body and i have pink, black, blue and red so they go with everything and they are perfect for any occasion but this is just ridiculous paying that much for a canvas bag. I have loads of those washing bags too :32: full of clothes and bags that i don`t need:30:

The credit crunch?! That's precisely why Lulu Guinness is flogging her bags on QVC imo: they ain't selling in her shop...

I caught a bit of the show today and was horrified by this, the first item I saw:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.142724
I can't think I've ever seen an uglier bag (and I've watched B&W shows lol) - I actually squeaked out loud when I saw the price, having initially been bowled over by the true hideousness of the design.
If you like this, you should have gone to Specsavers! And would you like to buy London Bridge...?

OMG!! dont think ive ever seen a more ridiculous looking bag, cant believe the price they're looking for that tat

I am confused - I admit I have never heard of Lulu Guiness, but you could get a Gucci or something recognisable as a brand for those prices. Why spend that much on a Lulu?

I think i would rather have a crate of Guinness than a bag :32: yes, im sure everyone is feeling the credit crunch all over but these bags have no point or purpose and are bleedin ugly too lol.:32::22:

I love nice handbags and tbh £200 isn't even entry level, we all choose to spend our disposable income in different ways.

Personally I don't have a make up mountain waiting to go off, neither do I have piles of trinkets that I will never really wear.

Some might argue grown women walking round with plastic monkeys for company is a bit sad tooooo.

:23:
I think i would rather have a crate of Guinness than a bag :32: yes, im sure everyone is feeling the credit crunch all over but these bags have no point or purpose and are bleedin ugly too lol.:32::22:

Crazy-Stoopid-prices .THEN she said on air - it's a good heavy weight.. errm.. is that a really daft idea or just me??

I want a light-as-pos bag to start with 'cos when I put all my bits'n'bobs in it.... it prob be heavy.. Hmm.. who on earth would want a heavy bag to start with??

I am sure they are devine bags .. way too heavy for me .. but look lovely for those who want them (I guess)

:31: I agree a crate of Guinness would be better .. and that something from me cos I hate BEER!! :1: def a no no :23:

yes, you could be right - it might look sad seeing grown women with monkeys on their bags - to the outsider!! But the truth is, once you have worn one, you reallise how liberating they are, they are so light!! I also have a vintage LV and if I had the money I would happily pay £600 on a bag, but I don't. It doesn't matter. I don't mind other people buying luxurious bags. I don't mind people buying a Lulu Guiness we are just curious to know if they represent value for money. I just don't know what they are and how they can be justified?

I love nice handbags and tbh £200 isn't even entry level, we all choose to spend our disposable income in different ways.

Personally I don't have a make up mountain waiting to go off, neither do I have piles of trinkets that I will never really wear.

Some might argue grown women walking round with plastic monkeys for company is a bit sad tooooo.

As you know Julie, with a bling addiction like mine I'm the last person to tell people off for spending their money on frivolous expensive luxuries! I even understand that some people view fancy bags the same way I do jewellery - I like a nice bag myself, but would never spend big to get one, as you say we all have different priorities. But that stamp bag is soooo ugly lol (in my opinion obviously!!!) - I'd rather go out head to toe in Quacker!!! (Maybe)
If I was ever to buy a £600 bag I'd at least like it to look nice! (OK, this is where you tell me you bought one and I'm not your friend any more lol, I hope you love your sequinned queen when she arrives ;) - actually, that last sounds like a transvestite on a big night out, but I digress...)
The rest of the range is fine, though as I've said not where I'd choose to spend my cash but that one just threw me completely.
Maybe I should just stop digging now hahaha!

yes, you could be right - it might look sad seeing grown women with monkeys on their bags - to the outsider!! But the truth is, once you have worn one, you reallise how liberating they are, they are so light!! I also have a vintage LV and if I had the money I would happily pay £600 on a bag, but I don't. It doesn't matter. I don't mind other people buying luxurious bags. I don't mind people buying a Lulu Guiness we are just curious to know if they represent value for money. I just don't know what they are and how they can be justified?

Well I have some of her evening bags and they are beautiful. I tend to wear very plain dresses but accessorize with something a bit different, sometimes vintage art deco or nouveau pieces or something like Lulu Guiness.

But walking round with a plastic monkey is a defo no no

Latest posts

Back