Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV 06/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I absolutely get why you aren't interested in these bags but I also understand why others are. I have a bit of a bag (and shoes .... and too many other things, but I'm working on it!) obsession so it's easy for me to see why QVC sell so many Lulu G bags even though they leave you and no doubt many other people cold. However, I'm not a fan of the more quirky designs either - a bag has to be practical and not too "embellished" for me and I just can't picture myself out and about with some of the LG ones. I don't even like the lips pattern on the TSV much. I have some other LG bags, all direct from the company in sales, which are much more "classic" in design and I love them.

Most of all, it's the prices that put me off on QVC and I do agree that twee guest that comes in to do the presentations is quite off-putting too. As I only watch small amounts of QVC at a time, she's still fascinating rather than very annoying to me, though. I probably won't bother tuning in to shows later on today.

Yes we all like different styles/brands of bags and there's room for us all. :mysmilie_3: I do think it's quite disrespectful of her were she can't be arsed making an appearance even if it's only for the TSV launch, especially when fans of her bags are willing to part with so much money for them, but maybe she knows she's built up such a QVC fanbase now taking customers for granted, and so much so that she doesn't even have to stay up till midnight to show her face.

Yes we all like different styles/brands of bags and there's room for us all. :mysmilie_3: I do think it's quite disrespectful of her were she can't be arsed making an appearance even if it's only for the TSV launch, especially when fans of her bags are willing to part with so much money for them, but maybe she knows she's built up such a QVC fanbase now taking customers for granted so much so that she doesn't even have to stay up till midnight to show her face.

Spot on!

Yes, she suddenly stopped appearing, didn't she, our Lucinda? I think people respected it when she turned up. Having said that, she often didn't seem to know her own bags that well, as I recall. Strange that the designer had to open up some of the bags on air to see what the lining was and didn't always know what other colours designs were available in :wonder::thinking:

I think she doesn`t turn up because she has so little input into the bags these days. They have a design team and they manufacture most of the brand in China so I think these days Lulu is more of a figurehead than anything else. I don`t buy into the brand but have seen some shows in the past where it`s looked as if lulu has just seen the bag for the first time.

Yes that's the same as Kelly Stroppen, she was just a brand name too having no input. I remember her famously asking on air, I think it was to Craig Rowe "er, what's it made of again?" :mysmilie_17:

Yes that's the same as Kelly Stroppen, she was just a brand name too having no input. I remember her famously asking on air, I think it was to Craig Rowe "er, what's it made of again?" :mysmilie_17:

Has she got an alternate now, too?

Anyhoo...

I like the size and shape of the small Bella TSV, particularly nice in the solid navy and porcelain, but I already have a couple of navy LG bags and my beautiful Stone patent Franka. I got the small Connie basket weave in Mist from the LG sale so I've have my fix for now...probably.

That will be lovely for the Spring / Summer, with the basket weave, really liked the matching purse they did, too. :happy:

Spot on!

Yes, she suddenly stopped appearing, didn't she, our Lucinda? I think people respected it when she turned up. Having said that, she often didn't seem to know her own bags that well, as I recall. Strange that the designer had to open up some of the bags on air to see what the lining was and didn't always know what other colours designs were available in :wonder::thinking:

At least they've finally recorded a new ad, so we no longer have her declaring that "you get my bags, you get my philosophy, and you get me!" when we hadn't seen sight nor sound of her for ages! :grin: She must have a whole design team, she probably just jots down (some of) the initial ideas / illustrations for her team to work up. Always think it's a shame when designers / owners stop making the effort to show up for their TSV's, as they must make a lot of money out of being on QVC. I don't mind Nicola, though.

I think so.

Much to the collective relief of the terrified presenters!

No the LG bags aren't my thing either, cat purses and bags with faces on may have been when I was ten, but not at my age. I don't power dress or go to the office either so they wouldn't fit in with my lifestyle of jeans and tea-shirt going to the supermarket, but each to their own I suppose. I'd never pay that money for a bag made in China for ethical reasons firstly, but also I get bored easy and change my bags so often.

I'm not watching because the twee uprising voice of the guest, mixed with Katy and her ennnnnding herrrrr sentence, with lonnnnng drawnnnn out worrrrddds, is not for me first thing Monday morning, or any morning.

I don't buy them to fit in at the office, I buy them because I like them. Although I'm not 10 I still like the quirkiness of some of the styles the brand produces. I don't really think age is relevant when it comes to fashion or anything really. If it were down to QVC everyone over 30 would wear clothing made from that horrid slinky fabric (so you don't need to iron it - which oddly is one of their main selling points, yet they also sell irons) that has no shape or style at all and be covered in glitter or rhinestones.

Buying a new bag to me is my treat, I don't smoke (and only drink if I'm out, which is rare) so I like to treat myself, after all if you can't treat yourself, why bother working at all :mysmilie_17:

I don't buy them to fit in at the office, I buy them because I like them. Although I'm not 10 I still like the quirkiness of some of the styles the brand produces. I don't really think age is relevant when it comes to fashion or anything really. If it were down to QVC everyone over 30 would wear clothing made from that horrid slinky fabric (so you don't need to iron it - which oddly is one of their main selling points, yet they also sell irons) that has no shape or style at all and be covered in glitter or rhinestones.

Buying a new bag to me is my treat, I don't smoke (and only drink if I'm out, which is rare) so I like to treat myself, after all if you can't treat yourself, why bother working at all :mysmilie_17:

Oh no I agree, if you like it buy it and bugger to anyone else. :mysmilie_17: No I just meant that they're smart, structured looking bags, the type of bag I'd expect someone in an office for example, or someone that needs to dress to impress, as opposed to just lobbing your keys, phone and bits and bobs in such an expensive bag that I'd be scared to use and yes I understand because I don't drink or smoke either, so funnily enough that's my reason for treating myself to all my goodies too, and I'm sticking to it!!. :mysmilie_3:

As for QVC "fashion" and I use that term loosely, I'd chew my own arm off before I'd ever buy one of Michelle (no) Hope, Yong Kim or Joins efforts, I mean why spend £150 on a top? I'd sooner buy a couple of smart tops from Ideal World, and spend the other £130 on my beautiful grandchildren.

Latest posts

Back