Lovely antthony

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He reminds me of Johnny Mathis.....................I expect most of you are too young to remember him!!! He was/is a singer (nice voice) from the late 50's.

Lovely voice, I saw him at the London Palladium in the late 1970's (I was only 22 but took my Mum and I thoroughly enjoyed it). You don't get singers like that anymore ! OMG I really am turning into my Mum !

What I liked about him is that he wasn't all shouty and loud like most of the Americans that come over. I was tempted by the edge to edge long cardi that JF was wearing and as per usual was amaaaaaaaaazing.

Lovely voice, I saw him at the London Palladium in the late 1970's (I was only 22 but took my Mum and I thoroughly enjoyed it). You don't get singers like that anymore ! OMG I really am turning into my Mum !

My Mum is a big fan, so we all grew up listening to him as well as Matt Munro, Al Martino (my Gran's fav), Nat King Cole etc etc so I'm a big fan of this style of music, so much so that a number of songs will be included in my Wedding song list (hark at me, I'm turning into Carmel! Seriously slap me if I do!).

Antthony reminds me of a cross between Johnny Mathis and Jerry Lewis in his younger days! xx

Johnny must have been on a world tour then as my hubby & I went to see him in the RDS in Dublin.
I've been a big fan for years so this was a real treat.
He's a fabulous singer.

BTW Ilovelulu,another huge Matt Munro fan here :heart:

Johnny must have been on a world tour then as my hubby & I went to see him in the RDS in Dublin.
I've been a big fan for years so this was a real treat.
He's a fabulous singer.

BTW Ilovelulu,another huge Matt Munro fan here :heart:

His voice had this wonderful rich, almost silk like quality that you just dont get in singers these days. I'm also a Barbra Streisand fan but this is due to my brother who is a huge Barbra fan and would sing along to her songs in the bath (him not me! lol). My OH laughs that I have such a wide taste in music compared to him.

Latest posts

Back