lotte duncans puds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
i was shocked to see yet anather blatant over priced p&p charge. lotte duncans overpriced puds come complete with a eye watering (not mouthwatering however) £7.50 postage.

Also, I'm sure they're very nice but that sort of thing doesn't lend itself to television selling. I just flicked through in time to see her opening one with a fork and lumps of what looked like beige vomit spilling out.

as much as i love a pud that description has put me off..... for the time being at least lol

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
The housebound buyer finds this sort of thing very useful, for family and friends or for themselves so they don't have to rely on family members or carers for every little thing.

Yes it is overpriced and the P&P is just stupid but to the housebound buyer they are priceless.

I would like them to do something on the P&P price though so they get a bargain as they are unable to do that when housebound.

boy oh boy at those prices what about m&s dont they do home delivery or some thing

Not sure but mum, like lots of people, is no good on a comp so that is no good to her.

Have not bought pies for years but at over £40 for 7 pies (inc p&p) isn't that a bit steep?

I am being a cow but the best part of £50 for 4 packs of mince. Theres yet again one born every minute. The great samsung rip off and now the great mince rip off. When qvc start moaning about falling profits we will all know why!

is there a problem with irish pork. maybe it would be better vfm and we cant have that in the qvc food department can we...

julian has got a set of global knives and the matching block this would cost several hundreds of pounds for someone who professes not to cook thats a bit of an extravagance. when i see him presenting the techniques knives for £13.50 i will bear this in mind.

I am being a cow but the best part of £50 for 4 packs of mince. Theres yet again one born every minute. The great samsung rip off and now the great mince rip off. When qvc start moaning about falling profits we will all know why!

The thing is though that the same can be said for all things sold on the shopping channels. From make-up to candles, clothes to craft, it is all over priced, but they do manage to help those that are housebound with the feeling of independence. That feeling is priceless.
I think they should do more bargains and something about the price as well.

The thing is though that the same can be said for all things sold on the shopping channels. From make-up to candles, clothes to craft, it is all over priced, but they do manage to help those that are housebound with the feeling of independence. That feeling is priceless.
I think they should do more bargains and something about the price as well.
It's horrible having to rely on others and I can understand why people will pay over the odds so that they can do things themselves. However there are bargains to be had from some internet retailers but not QVC in this case.

Thats true BB but my mum has no idea about comps at all. So its either me who buys or she gets stuff from the shoppimg channels or catalogues.

i think its sad that qvc does know that there are people that will buy owing to the fact they are housebound and we know from many of the t-callers this is the case. i dont condem people from buying to be honest but i dont like it when companies over charge people. reminds me a bit of money lenders that go on estates and rip off people too poor to get credit elsewhere.

Exactly boffy, great point and one that I totally agree.
Independence is priceless but QVC and other know exactly how to rip people off.
After all thats their job.

i think its sad that qvc does know that there are people that will buy owing to the fact they are housebound and we know from many of the t-callers this is the case. i dont condem people from buying to be honest but i dont like it when companies over charge people. reminds me a bit of money lenders that go on estates and rip off people too poor to get credit elsewhere.

Yes I agree with your point. To be honest I've always thought that if QVC overcharge then people just shouldn't buy, however I cannot drive at the moment and I'm starting to understand how frustrating it is to rely on other people and can see why people want to do things themselves. It's ironic that there are bargains to be had but the people who need these most often don't have access to them.

Latest posts

Back