Longest request time?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The request thing has always been a bit of a bug bear ..and i for one get so fed up of seeing a demand of requests in chat sometimes it can be lists or so it seems, i for one never use chat as i feel its like shouting at the presenters all the time ,ive always made my list of requests and put them thru an email ,and ive never had to wait or get frustrated as ive always had a reply straight away telling me what is and isnt available and when its coming up,so i can see why they ask us to do it . Steve mentioned yesterday that they are bringing in a new request system soon so we will have to see what that's about...As for leaving bank details etc NOOOO i dont think so as i for one am not in the league for buying "christies" style as i dont always use the same card ............
Me neither Scorps. I'm certainly not 'big league' (lol) and sometimes I'll use my credit card and other times it's the debit card. I make my decision according to what's in the bank at the given time.

And I hate requests in the chatbox- it always seems a little rude, iykwim.

Yes, I would treble thank you Scorps! There is nothing more frustrating than waiting patiently for a request you have asked for through the proper channels while watching requests (or demands as they often appear to be) in chat being dealt with as they appear!!

My other bugbear is when people jump in for an item when it is still at the start price and the presenter then drops the price anyway! Surely in an auction, the buyer jumps in at the price they are prepared to pay. This being the case, in auctions with only 1 item, the auction should close as soon as there is a buyer irrespective of the price it is at!

I find this annoying too and particularly noticed it in yesterdays loose gem show. To be honest though I don't blame them at the moment as if they don't jump in straigt for something they really want for themselves they're liable to get pipped to the post (I think a lot of regular watchers will know what I mean)!

I find this annoying too and particularly noticed it in yesterdays loose gem show. To be honest though I don't blame them at the moment as if they don't jump in straigt for something they really want for themselves they're liable to get pipped to the post (I think a lot of regular watchers will know what I mean)!

I think you might just be right.....:54:

I have to plead guilty to putting a request in the Chat during Steve's loose gems show yesterday. :12:

In my defence it was nearly the end of the hour and it looked as though Steve wasn't going to auction it. He saw my request and did it but two people had faster fingers than me. :(

Apart from this one occasion I always email my request to Help and usually get a speedy reply saying it's been passed on to the presenter or it can't be auctioned because it's not in the studio. I don't think I've ever had to wait more than a few minutes for any of my requests to be shown.

Btw my request from yesterday was back on CR today ... someone must've had a change of mind and asked for it to be removed from their basket. As soon as I saw it I emailed Haydn in Help, Jamie auctioned it and now it's in my basket! :D

Glad you got it, what was it Fluff, and what are you going to do with it? :4:

:doggie:

Thank you!

A 0.92ct, 7x5mm cushion cut AAA Tanzy, Mad.

I'm hoping (eventually)to have it set into a YG ring with diamond accents.

Last edited:
:OMG: It was GORGEOUS, I just adore Tanzy and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cushion cut. Lucky thing.

Thank you!

A 0.92ct, 7x5mm cushion cut AAA Tanzy, Mad.

I'm hoping (eventually)to have it set into a YG ring with diamond accents.

Oooh that sounds lovely Fluff. I was wondering what it was....that you referred to in the earlier post. (But didn't like to ask!)

Oooh that sounds lovely Fluff. I was wondering what it was....that you referred to in the earlier post. (But didn't like to ask!)

Are you incinerating I'm a nosy old bag Sacha?? :4:

Are you incinerating I'm a nosy old bag Sacha?? :4:

I wondered if you might spot that!! mysmilie_1436

Not at all Lady Mad, I was pleased you did ask.....and you did do it in a very nice way. :)

With all due respect, that may work for dealers and the like but for Joe Blow who is buying jewellery to wear, this would be a quick route to lunacy. Plus, I suspect it's easier for an international company like Christie to organise an operation like that rather than Rocks.TV. My answer to this problem would be to time one's checking out to coincide with an extended break - or close the browser, clear cookies and begin again.

Latest posts

Back