London 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes,I'm not really a Boxing fan either but the entire country here has gone Boxing mad now lol

Our male boxers have won Silver & Bronze today & the fabulous Katie has been voted best female boxer of the Games :mysmilie_378:

I'm just back from the football bronze medal playoff between S Korea and Japan. [Korea 2 - Japan 0, for anyone who follows these things!]

We've been lucky enough to get tickets for three events. As the clock ticked on towards the end of the match, my husband said 'You have 15 minutes of the Olympics left,' and we both gulped.

It'll all feel so flat and dismal next week.

Tom Daley only just scraped through the 10 metre diving prelims last night. 32 divers started and only the highest 18 scores got through to the semis today and Tom was fifteenth. :confused: Pete Waterfield was 25th and is out. Semis on BBC starting at 10 am, finals tonight at 10.30pm. I do hope Tom gets his mojo back today. :whew:

*Comments made last night by one of the pundits about one diver, 'He's got helicopter legs which is fitting because I can hear helicopters flying above, there you are, choppers all around us!' :smirk: Funny, I thought the same but I was thinking speedos at the time. :happy:

Thank goodness Tom upped his game this morning coming 4th in the semis and he will be diving ninth in the final tonight. Apparently these positions exactly mirror those when he won gold in the world championships in 2009 so I'm keeping everyting crossed that it's a good omen for the gold tonight. :rock:

It'll all feel so flat and dismal next week.

I know what you mean and I didn't think I was going to enjoy it that much. Still, there is the Paralympics to look forward to, I watched by chance after Sydney and found it very exciting.

Out of interest does anyone know how Oscar Pistorius can qualify for the Olympics and Paralympics? I haven't heard it mentioned in interviews or read anywhere, it just seems odd that someone can be eligible for both?

Out of interest does anyone know how Oscar Pistorius can qualify for the Olympics and Paralympics? I haven't heard it mentioned in interviews or read anywhere, it just seems odd that someone can be eligible for both?

Well, Fraz, I asked The Man That Knows These Things, currently sitting next to me, and he says that since Oscar was able to reach the qualifying times for the regular Olympics and is disabled too, he's eligible for both.

Hi thanks, I kinda worked that out but am thinking it gives him an unfair advantage over others in the Paralympics? Please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way, I think Pistorius is amazing but I'm not sure about his being allowed to compete in both events is fair to other competitors?

lol that's what I thought, she looked like she was packing a bag! I think she was better the other night when she went on the track with her daughter.

Maybe they wouldn't let them this time and that is why she was looking unhappy!!

She didn't even look happy during the medal ceremony, perhaps now he's been successful she's dreading that he'll want to go for the 2016 games with another four years of training, commitment and sacrifice that entails, or it could just be that being 8 months pregnant is beginning to get to her ?

She didn't even look happy during the medal ceremony, perhaps now he's been successful she's dreading that he'll want to go for the 2016 games with another four years of training, commitment and sacrifice that entails, or it could just be that being 8 months pregnant is beginning to get to her ?

And with twins. I think twins are normally born early, I know my sisters were and I think she said it was normal. (A long time ago now lol)

Latest posts

Back