Lola Rose TSV 23/07/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm bursting for mine to arrive! Hopefully tomorrow. Will report in with the distribution of sparkles and how lovely it is ... or not!

Blimey Lynn that really isn't what you would expect of sandstone let alone Lola Rose.

I must admit I prefer the less sparkly sandstone but it should still be sparkly throughout. I've bought one pendant and earrings set from QVC that was so sparkly it actually looked grey and not midnight blue.

I really want a blue sandstone ring and bracelet. I had a beautiful ring but I've lost it and I don't have a bracelet at all. I live in hope. :eek:)

i was not impressed with the jiffy bag and ultra small pouch for the huge £4.95 postage costs.

The tumble bracelets and the OTO Peaches bracelet have arrived and the Peaches bracelet is cute but teensy weensy! The size of those beads - it's like a load of pinheads strung together. It is still pretty but boy am I glad I did't pay full price for it. I also wouldn't call it coral, more of a soft peachy pink.

i saw the peaches bracelet in liberty in reagent street with gold accent beads and tag. realiy lovley but expensive.

Thats a shame Lynn that you have had a faulty piece. I find this a bit "iffy" considering how all these are 'handmade', so how come when the piece was being crafted did no-one pick this up ???? Even worse that it got through quality control !!!!!

Thats a shame Lynn that you have had a faulty piece. I find this a bit "iffy" considering how all these are 'handmade', so how come when the piece was being crafted did no-one pick this up ???? Even worse that it got through quality control !!!!!

That's a very good point brissles. Anyway I'm glad to hear that mine seems to be the exception, so I sent it back this morning and have asked for a replacement. Hopefully the next one will be OK.

I ordered a TSV on waitlist in the cherry colour. I also ordered some bracelets, the set of three bracelets - I really do not know what all the hype is about. They look like cheap tat. I have got cheaper bead jewellery from QVC and it is better than these. I also ordered a larger faceted bead bracelet, that is slightly better but both are going back. I also ordered the smartie bracelet in blue sandstone is quite pretty and the colour is good but I really do not think this stuff is worth the price. Will wait and see what the TSV is like when that eventually turns up. Each to their own but this range really is overpriced.

I quite like the cherry colour but it looked different in different shots and on different pieces. Might need to see it in the flesh to see if it's me.

I quite like the muted shades of Lola Rose like coffee stone, the recent lily colour abd grey. Although I also love all the pinks :eek:)

So disappointed!

I am so disappointed I have wanted a LR necklace for ages but anything substantial is so expensive. I love the eyestone, ivory and montana agate stones amongst others. So with easypay the TSV seemed to be a dream come true.
TSV finally arrived crammed in small plastic bag alongside but not inside bubblewrap bag, all in untied LR pouch. My address is almost covered by a huge TNT post label which might explain the delay in getting here yet it was delivered by Royal Mail. There were several staples in the plastic bag and a big sticker with "BULK" across the front but fortunately not in the necklace itself. Luxury item, I don't think so now. As previously mentioned all for £4.95 postage, 7 days getting to Crewe from a distribution centre at Haydock, hubby travels there daily to work and that is both ways in a day. He must be Superman.
I got the Montana Agate option and sadly it is almost completely a muddy grey, the colour of a dirty puddle. I am quite fair and wondered if it just doesn't suit my colouring but I think it wouldn't look any better on someone darker either. No life in the stones at all. If the heart were more attractive you could accept the rest being dull I suppose but nothing "sparkles".

Last edited:
Oh Clevercat what a disappointment! If the necklace had been stunning you might just forgive the rubbish packaging and delivery. I won't order any random-coloured stones since returning a couple of dodgily mismatched mookite pieces.
It seems really foolish of QVC and Lola Rose not to ensure the quality of TSV pieces when this might be the first experience some buyers have of the brand. Another PR own-goal if they haven't applied the quality control they boast about!
Jude x

I am so disappointed I have wanted a LR necklace for ages but anything substantial is so expensive. I love the eyestone, ivory and montana agate stones amongst others. So with easypay the TSV seemed to be a dream come true.
TSV finally arrived crammed in small plastic bag alongside but not inside bubblewrap bag, all in untied LR pouch. My address is almost covered by a huge TNT post label which might explain the delay in getting here yet it was delivered by Royal Mail. There were several staples in the plastic bag and a big sticker with "BULK" across the front but fortunately not in the necklace itself. Luxury item, I don't think so now. As previously mentioned all for £4.95 postage, 7 days getting to Crewe from a distribution centre at Haydock, hubby travels there daily to work and that is both ways in a day. He must be Superman.
I got the Montana Agate option and sadly it is almost completely a muddy grey, the colour of a dirty puddle. I am quite fair and wondered if it just doesn't suit my colouring but I think it wouldn't look any better on someone darker either. No life in the stones at all. If the heart were more attractive you could accept the rest being dull I suppose but nothing "sparkles".
Hi.. Had you thought of emailing Nicky direct at Lola Rose? The disappointment you experienced, not just with the actual item, but in how it arrived from QVC - it will hardly make you want to order any more LR from QVC again.. And thats not good business for Nicky x :bandit:

I too dipped my toe in the lola rose range and was hugely disapointed very carp packaging and the necklace felt "flimsey" hope it was just a one off as everyone else seems to rave about the range and nicci seems so genuine

the packaging was very poor imo and lola rose do send them in jiffy bags if you buy direct,however the jiffy bags are large enough to carry the sizeof the necklace which is quite substantial and it is very well wrapped with bubble wrap. this was not!

i bought the montana but was lucky to get a bit of the yellow/pale grey and darker markings but it was not cheap enough to get something you dont really love so speak to customer services and try again.

My Cherry one has arrived - i got a sneaky one that someone must have cancelled late in the day long after it had sold out. Mmmmmnot sure about it really??? Like the design and its sits well but im not convinced by the colour.I really wanted and am on waitlist for the montana so hopefully so that will arrive within my 30 days so i can decide which one to keep!

My blue sandstone went straight back. Main heart was very dull with not nearly enough sparkle, smaller ones went from masses of sparkle in places tot virtually none in others. Sadly the dullest sandstone I have ever seen and defo not a match with my other LR pieces.

I do wonder if the quality control of the items QVC sell isn't as good as when you buy from Lola Rose direct as I bought a bracelet from QVC which took 3 attempts to get a version that wasn't damaged in some way and in contrast I have just bought 16 items from the Lola Rose sale and all were perfect.

There were a couple of items I ordered that Lola Rose didn't send out to me and there was a note included in my parcel that stated that I had ordered the last of that item and they couldn't send it as it was damaged - so obviously they must have checked the items they were sending out, which it appears QVC don't.

From what I heard Debbie Flint say on air when the TSV was showing, QVC deal directly with the manufacturers so presumably things they sell don't go through the Lola Rose quality control. I also do always wonder if there is a separate lower quality QVC production line. I have heard it mentioned that Butler and Wilson pieces bought directly are better quality than those from QVC as well.

For anyone disappointed with the Lola Rose TSV I would recommend waiting for the next sale on her website as things were initially reduced by 50% and eventually by 70% and there were bargains galore to be had.

Last edited:
Strange but true. TNT is actually delivered by Royal Mail, that is why it takes longer to arrive. It goes through TNT who then send it to a Royal Mail collection centre and there is sits and waits for Royal Mail to then deliver second class post.

Latest posts

Back