Lola Rose Jewellery Designs TSV 04/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lola Rose keeps popping up on my FB page at the moment.They look good layers of bracelets and necklaces.To get that look you would probably have to fork out £200+!

Azuni has come up now, didn’t that used to be on QVC? Looks like someone has got my shopping habits taped.

Jewellery is such a subjective buy. I`ve never really liked LR stuff but lots of people do. If I wanted coloured beaded bracelets or necklaces then there`s lots of them about either online or in stores on their costume jewellery stands. The brand now seems to use many dyed stones which is a kind of cheating in my opinion. I once did a jewellery making class and could knock together bright or blingy stuff for a fraction of LR prices. I bought loose beads and findings and simply had a play with them and some items were a success and others weren`t but the beauty of it was if something didn`t look right or I didn`t like it then I just took it apart and used the beads on something else.
Having said that, my foray into making costume jewellery hasn`t stopped me from buying silver or gold jewellery or something which has caught my eye. The lily of the valley flower has a special meaning to me. It was my sister`s favourite flower and its coming up to her 2 year anniversary but when she was ill and before she passed away, she had a pot of lily of the valley which she loved to watch grow and flower and to smell. When she passed away I asked my BIL could I have the planter and he gave it to me. For some reason it never flowered again, not last year nor this year and I think it never will flower which saddens me.
Anyway I found the Lalique lily of the valley (Muguet) jewellery so I`ve ordered a pendant and some earrings. Not exactly cheap but when I wear them I will think of sis and get as much pleasure from them as she did from her planter.

Jewellery is such a subjective buy. I`ve never really liked LR stuff but lots of people do. If I wanted coloured beaded bracelets or necklaces then there`s lots of them about either online or in stores on their costume jewellery stands. The brand now seems to use many dyed stones which is a kind of cheating in my opinion. I once did a jewellery making class and could knock together bright or blingy stuff for a fraction of LR prices. I bought loose beads and findings and simply had a play with them and some items were a success and others weren`t but the beauty of it was if something didn`t look right or I didn`t like it then I just took it apart and used the beads on something else.
Having said that, my foray into making costume jewellery hasn`t stopped me from buying silver or gold jewellery or something which has caught my eye. The lily of the valley flower has a special meaning to me. It was my sister`s favourite flower and its coming up to her 2 year anniversary but when she was ill and before she passed away, she had a pot of lily of the valley which she loved to watch grow and flower and to smell. When she passed away I asked my BIL could I have the planter and he gave it to me. For some reason it never flowered again, not last year nor this year and I think it never will flower which saddens me.
Anyway I found the Lalique lily of the valley (Muguet) jewellery so I`ve ordered a pendant and some earrings. Not exactly cheap but when I wear them I will think of sis and get as much pleasure from them as she did from her planter.
Is it still in the pot? If so, are the roots tightly packed together? Did you keep it inside over the winter? We've got it in the garden & growing in the lawn, a few years ago it didn't flower so I dug it out & replanted the bulbs giving them more space, it may just be that yours need to socially distance. Just watch that Pippa & your cat don't get hold of it because it's toxic - sorry that sounds so rude, I have a horror of my pets being poisoned by my garden. Your jewellery sounds beautiful, what a lovely reminder.

Is it still in the pot? If so, are the roots tightly packed together? Did you keep it inside over the winter? We've got it in the garden & growing in the lawn, a few years ago it didn't flower so I dug it out & replanted the bulbs giving them more space, it may just be that yours need to socially distance. Just watch that Pippa & your cat don't get hold of it because it's toxic - sorry that sounds so rude, I have a horror of my pets being poisoned by my garden. Your jewellery sounds beautiful, what a lovely reminder.
Yes it`s still in the planter but I`ve a feeling if I plant it in the flower beds that Pippa will wreck it. She has damaged so many plants and shrubs since we got her because she plays zoomies around the garden. Yesterday my youngest son and his partner brought their recently adopted Romanian pup over to socialize him with ours. The pair of them got on like a house on fire and used our flowerbeds as a circuit for going round and round the garden. I`ll hang onto the planter and when Pippa quietens down and begins to grow out of her giddy phase then I`ll plant it out.

1620507362488.png

This is our garden wrecker. She`s 3 months old now.

View attachment 21189
This is our garden wrecker. She`s 3 months old now.
Oh look at her lil face!

I have to confirm she is pure mischief. Obie had that look as a pup. he used to go DIGGING in the flower beds/any bit of dirt he could find. He is a good & fast digger too.

Pippa looks quite delicate? Not the trad 'otter tail' old lab. Having said that, I can't see the paws & It's all in th efeet.

Oh look at her lil face!

I have to confirm she is pure mischief. Obie had that look as a pup. he used to go DIGGING in the flower beds/any bit of dirt he could find. He is a good & fast digger too.

Pippa looks quite delicate? Not the trad 'otter tail' old lab. Having said that, I can't see the paws & It's all in th efeet.
Her feet are HUGE but at the moment her legs seem to be growing quicker than the rest of her, she`s growing upwards first and then will probably grow outwards. She looks kind of gangly with her long legs and its funny watching her run it`s as of she has to grow into them. Her Dad is a golden retriever and her Mum is a lab.

I have two Zoomers too. Now six months old but chalk & cheese despite being litter sisters. One a real Snuggle Puss, the other has two speeds....fast asleep or 100 MPH. The garden plants ( the bit they’re allowed in near the house, (just daren't let them have the run of the whole of it...I‘d never find them!), my pile of books, the coffee table legs, the corner of the fireplace all bear their autograph..& my poor old lady is not impressed with being mugged to have her face licked at every opportunity, they love her to death....so far unrequited.

4C12288E-80FB-4090-8EB2-8164EBD2AA1B.jpeg
6CDFC9B8-D2FB-478C-9CA4-EBE542E45282.jpeg

Her feet are HUGE but at the moment her legs seem to be growing quicker than the rest of her, she`s growing upwards first and then will probably grow outwards. She looks kind of gangly with her long legs and its funny watching her run it`s as of she has to grow into them. Her Dad is a golden retriever and her Mum is a lab.
If golden retriever in the mix, she could be quite hairy. Flat coat retrievers are really lovely dogs too.
I remember Obie's Gangly stage. We actually had to increase his food! (Spaniel) I recall pups simply love the 'chase' game. His feet were huge & he grew in to a good stocky springer (not fat) with the confirmation I was after - (lucky me!) He's such a dish.

Latest posts

Back