Lola Rose going even further from her beginnings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hippygirl

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see the LR shows yesterday? There's a new range of gold plated brass jewellery with precious stones such as ruby and emerald. I'm sure some people will like them - they are nice enough but so different from the original chunky semi-precious pieces I love. I watched all the shows yesterday and there was so little I would buy because so many of the semi- precious pieces had those base metal beads which I don't like. Mice all did one show and re a large heart pendant without any metal that it was 'old school' LR which Nikki did not like.

Did anyone see the LR shows yesterday? There's a new range of gold plated brass jewellery with precious stones such as ruby and emerald. I'm sure some people will like them - they are nice enough but so different from the original chunky semi-precious pieces I love. I watched all the shows yesterday and there was so little I would buy because so many of the semi- precious pieces had those base metal beads which I don't like. Mice all did one show and re a large heart pendant without any metal that it was 'old school' LR which Nikki did not like.

The items with precious stones like ruby, emerald etc......are Sterling Silver and Gold Plated Sterling Silver.

I did not see all of the shows yesterday so did not see the large heart pendant. Had a look at 'items from last week' but it is not a clip with Nikki. What did she say about it? I used to watch all the shows when I could - was an avid fan - but nowadays not so much. I did see a star necklace in silver, which is to me just not what Lola Rose is all about. Wish she would go back to her roots and bring back some old designs. Mind you I have been saying that for a while and nothing has happened.

dont like the watches or the scarves or the bath products. but love all the old pieces she used to sell

dont like the watches or the scarves or the bath products. but love all the old pieces she used to sell
My wife has lots of the old style Lola Rose but will not have any of the newer stuff, just hates it and says it looks cheap.. Who am I to argue, I am a mere man.

NikkI brought back some of her early pieces last year or earlier this year, some are still on website.

i dont like the metal coloured beads they must sell but it does not look lola rose to me...i have the jennifer its the most beautiful necklace she ever did

i dont like the metal coloured beads they must sell but it does not look lola rose to me...i have the jennifer its the most beautiful necklace she ever did

I love the Jennifer too - have a couple of them. I have a couple of bracelets with the metal beads but am not buying anymore. One has already slightly discoloured.

I love the Jennifer too - have a couple of them. I have a couple of bracelets with the metal beads but am not buying anymore. One has already slightly discoloured.

its a shame to put these cheap base metal beads with the high quality semi precious beads that can potentially last many years...

I agree. If I am washing my hands I try to keep the ones with metal beads out of the way so as not to get them wet, and I don't apply body lotions on my arms either if wearing them. It puts me off wearing them to be honest. The other bracelets I bought years ago without the metal bits are still going strong. I do have a couple of necklaces that have faded a little though.

I didn't like the new range - very Ratners (wash my mouth out). One very light piece was £99 and she said the plating was guaranteed for 1 year - big deal - for £99 I would want something which would last longer than a year. Made a big thing of giving the range to Catherine as a birthday present.

Micael said one big piece was old school meaning her original design type but she was as miffed as hell because she took it as meaning old fashioned/old stock/not cutting edge.

I didn't like the new range - very Ratners (wash my mouth out). One very light piece was £99 and she said the plating was guaranteed for 1 year - big deal - for £99 I would want something which would last longer than a year. Made a big thing of giving the range to Catherine as a birthday present.

Micael said one big piece was old school meaning her original design type but she was as miffed as hell because she took it as meaning old fashioned/old stock/not cutting edge.

Heard that about the plating too - wow a whole year. Knock yourself out. For that price it should last far, far longer. Don't like the new range at all and for the price I would expect better quality.

I have a watch bought I bought in a sale 12 years ago which is gold plated. I wear it every day and the plating is only just beginning to wear.

I have a watch bought I bought in a sale 12 years ago which is gold plated. I wear it every day and the plating is only just beginning to wear.

From Lola Rose?! I'm guessing not as I don't think they made watches back then.

I bought my other half a plated stainless steel chain well over 10 years ago and he wears it pretty much every day and that hasn't worn at all.

I think there's plating and then there's plating if you know what I mean.

I bought my other half a plated stainless steel chain well over 10 years ago and he wears it pretty much every day and that hasn't worn at all.

LOL. I was going to say the same about plating and plating. I remember you saying the Veronese plating was good and my Veronese necklace is still good

No it's an Accurist bought from Bid-Up (the only thing I have ever bought from them) for £25. It's been a really good buy - no problems at all. I'm very fussy about watches - need it to be small as I have very small hands and wrists and don't like leather or stretch straps, and it must have numbers or marks for each hour and a second hand.

Anyway, the reason I mentioned this is that I think it is odd that LR will only guarantee the plating for 1 year when it's clear that good quality plating lasts much longer. It's almost as if they expect it to wear off quickly.

Latest posts

Back