Loccitanne sensitivity ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I only use the L'Occitanne Extra Gentle soaps with Shea Butter & have used nothing else for years.Yes, they are expensive I think £5 per bar (used to buy abroad @ Euro 5-- but not much of a saving these days!)They last ages & when the bar gets down to a sliver I stick it on top of the new one.I hate the smell of some of the cheaper supermarket offerings after these.

Fragrances, both synthetic and natural, can be an absolute minefield unfortunately. Some products still haven't phased out MI as a preservative. Many bath, shower, handwash and shampoo products still contain SLS or its close relatives. The problem is that not everyone reacts to these additions, and unless legislation is brought in to ban their use in any cosmetics and toiletries, you can struggle to avoid them. Far too many beauty brands and retailers do not include all the ingredient listings for the products they sell.

Then there is the further minefield that due to differing legislation, the products bearing the same name may have different formulations in different markets (true of all sorts of medication as well, so beware)... particularly noticeable outside of Europe. US regulation sometimes lags behind Europe, but sometimes Europe lags behind US regulation so you can't assume you are "safer" with US or European brands or that when you shop abroad you are getting a better or safer product.

Windowshopping - what are you able to use as a lipsalve if you have such a problem? I would find it a nightmare if I couldn't use some sort of lipbalm or lipsalve. Welcome back, anyway after your surgery. How horrible to have to go in in a rush, and not for the first time. Hope the recovery is going well.

Windowshopping - what are you able to use as a lipsalve if you have such a problem? I would find it a nightmare if I couldn't use some sort of lipbalm or lipsalve. Welcome back, anyway after your surgery. How horrible to have to go in in a rush, and not for the first time. Hope the recovery is going well.

Thank you I am feeling much better. I cannot use anything but anything on my lips. I only give them a gentle brush with a baby's toothbrush to remove the excess dry skin once a day. I think I have gotten used to it over the years and remember the really sore lips I have had trying to find a suitable lipbalm. I remember years and years ago I actually ended up in hospital because my lips became so sore and infected after using a certain lip stick. Ah the joys of the toiletry / cosmetic industry................

:mysmilie_48::mysmilie_48:Hello folks, I've not been around for a while - dreaded emergency surgery again but still here and breathing so not complaining (much LOL!). If it is any consolation I have the same problem with l'ocitanne and find most if not all makes my skin break out in actual sores, I find I can use soft Nivea and Dove soap. I must admit I don't know why but there you are. I know that I cannot use any lipsticks or lip balms regardless of make or cost. The same with foundation but just think of the money I save by not buying cosmetics (apart from a little face powder - old fashioned I know but there you go)

Sorry to hear that Window shopping ..really hope you have a speedy recovery :0) ......lovley to hear from you
Yes the loccitanne issue is well and truly with me too....thank you too Maymorgan...Molton brown seems to be ok ..well the lotion is anyway ....

Latest posts

Back