L'Occitane

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I have been hunting around the 'net a bit, looking for a full ingredients list for the L'Occitane Precious Cream, as I have to avoid Evening Primrose oil and had a feeling this contains it, which it does. Whilst looking, I found an American website called Paula's Choice which has some very scathing opinions about this product and L'Occitane as a whole. I didn't know they tested on animals, but just curious what other forumites make of this?

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautyp...citane/Immortelle/_/Immortelle-Precious-Cream

Paula Dorf the owner of the site actually has nothing to do with testing products. Actually admitted this in a interview with Caroline Hirons. She has a team which just look at the ingredients and really hate anything natural so mark it down. But then she decided to release a natural range of her own. Mmmmm! They have never actually done proper testing of the ingredients, just search the web for anything no matter how slight and state it can cause whatever in 1 in a million people.

L'Occitane lost their bunny logo when they decided to sell in China. They do not test themselves but the Chinese do test their products if sold there.

Ok, thanks for that. While I was reading, it sort of felt as though it had been written by someone with a grudge to bear and I wasn't sure how much I could trust it. Not everything is quite so harsh, but it all seems to have been written as though they were looking for the negatives.

I have to say that I'm normally quite dubious about US sites and many blogs - they tend to take a much more black-&-white position on things. Products are either marvellous and praised to the skies, or the work of the devil, with no middle ground.

Here's three links from Caroline Hirons' blog which may be of interest:

Meeting Paula Begoun

The Beautypedia bait that needs to STOP

Paula Begoun, the rumour mill and make your mind up

None of it directly answering the question concerning L'Occitane, but definitely relevant - especially the last one - on the subject of the reviews associated with Paula's Choice and/or Beautypedia.

While you're at it - worth finding her home page and reading the latest 9th October post about having an opinion... very apt... I thought of this forum as I was reading it!

to be honest and imo a lot of its true. when you break it down in its basic form the beauty industry is full of crap. the only brand (or one of the very few) that uses an effective active ingredient is alpha h. even though they are expanding the range and some of it is irelevant this brand is one of the better ones.

and its true flower oils are not going to make any difference to your skin apart from give you breakouts decleor/elemis/clarins/l'occitane take note

There's a 30 ml L'O hand cream in Marie Claire November magazine a choice of six.

I got a 8mls trial of the Divine cream, it smells like marigolds or daisies to me. No idea if they are in it. Its not annoyed my skin at all and a little goes a long(well for me), would I buy it??? Not at that price. LOL

Oh and you want the ingredients, you have to read the side of the box.

Hi all, I have just this past week been reading about various cosmetics and skincare and their ingredients. I was on a fascinating website called ewg skin deep. This site researches all sotrs of brands and all sorts of ingredients and rates it all in the level of hazard either the product or ingredients pose. When I say hazard I don't just mean carcinogenic but also whether the said ingredient is known to cause reactions in people. I spotted quite a few l'occitane products on there and it is definitely worth a look if you have concerns re this.

Latest posts

Back