L'Occitane 14/7/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I met Alexis at a`QVC do (a while ago-she was preggers at the time) and she was really charming. The only stuck up c*ws there at that time were AY and JF.

l'occitane is posh to be honest just walk into one of their shops boots,superdrug it aint...
qvc has bought this brand to the masses but it is a high end beauty brand bought as part of the clarins group mr olivier boussan is but a spokes person ..
alexis is obviously who l'occitane want to front their brand. i buy the product as its lovely and am glad that through qvc i can get kits far less than it costs in the shops but i have no romantic notions as to what the brand stands for buisiness is just that......buisiness

l'occitane is not a supermarket range. high standards in products, presentation, store lay-out, etc, do not necessarily equate with being 'posh' in other cultures and certainly not with the negative aspect of 'posh' attributed to the qvc guests/presenters.

It's funny how we all see people in different ways. I like Alexis and think that she's very knowledgeable regarding the company and the products. I've said before that IMO she's the nicest looking person on QVC. I don't find her snobby at all, just professional and articulate, and also soothing to watch.

the prices and the atmosphere and the fact you get a paper bag not a plastic one is posh to me lol..
plus the fact they do a handwash for £16 a bottle thats posh to me...
alexis is good at her job she sells the brand well and even though this does not really matter she comes across as insincere and as some have said snobby..
but she looks nice and she sells the brand well she does not have to be my new best friend for that!

I got wrong the last time I went in the L'Occitane shop. I was happily spraying myself with the testers and was told 'one should use the sticks available to spray the perfume on not yourself' so of course I made sure I had a squirt of everything before I left!!

I got wrong the last time I went in the L'Occitane shop. I was happily spraying myself with the testers and was told 'one should use the sticks available to spray the perfume on not yourself' so of course I made sure I had a squirt of everything before I left!!

and how would 'one' tell what the perfume smelled like on 'one' if 'one' did that? :smirk:

I watched it for about 10 seconds and then turned over when I saw that is was Jill Franks :ninja:

Same here. Don't really have any opinion of Alexis one way or the other but I simply can't abide JF so switched off.

They tried this with me. But sorry L'Occitane sales assistants, the acidity of the individual's skin affects how the perfume smells; so you must try it on yourself...Particularly when their perfume can be £50 a pop. :tongue2:

They tried this with me. But sorry L'Occitane sales assistants, the acidity of the individual's skin affects how the perfume smells; so you must try it on yourself...Particularly when their perfume can be £50 a pop. :tongue2:

So true. what you eat and your skin type play a big part in how long a perfume will last on the skin and how it smells on you too.

I met Alexis many years ago when at the L'occitane stand in Debenhams. She did come accross to me stuck-up. She looked me up and down then said
'I see you suffer from greasy hair you should try this shampoo' :thinking2:

I met Alexis many years ago when at the L'occitane stand in Debenhams. She did come accross to me stuck-up. She looked me up and down then said

smooth! you should have offered her mints for her 'foul' mouth. :giggle:

What! How rude is that! If you reported that she would suffer!

Charming fancy looking you up and down and saying that. Sounds to me like she was jealous of you. I mean a genuine nice person IMHO would smile and chat with you and then if they thought they could help in some way as in if you had asked yourself for a recomendation of a product suitable for greasy hair,they would then try and help you. Bet your hair looked lovely in any case. cannot be doing with up their own backside people i stay well clear if them!

Last edited:

Cheeky mare! I don't really dislike her but just the way she and Jill spoke the other night irritated me.

BTW my sister asked her hairdresser for advice regarding my hair even though I'm perfectly happy with it!

I once met Alexis at a customer event and she was the most stuck up C.. ever she just sat there and couldnt be bothered to even raise a smile whereas Helen Harvey from nai ls inc was fantastic really friendly just as she is on qvc what you see is what you get.

I met Alexis at a`QVC do (a while ago-she was preggers at the time) and she was really charming. The only stuck up c*ws there at that time were AY and JF.

Yikes- bad and good experiences then

I quite liked her, but she seems abit of a stuck up bitch

lol
at what point did you then offend her?!
such a cheek

She'd have regretted saying that if I'd've been there - woildn't have been able able to resist the temptation to run my hands miserably through my hair & wail in a loud voice 'but that's what I have been using........& look what's happened......what shall I do, what shall I doooooo!', then (forcing yourself to think of something sad) burst into tears or something, remaining clinging onto counter long enough for entire shop to notice you there.....! :tongue2:
Yep!

lol the l'occitane shops and areas of a store are SO DEAD anyway! good look finding more than one person to here you KWC! hehe

Oh! How dull! I'm crushed! One has to have an audience for one's performances, dahling! *snigger*
Probably explains why they're so snotty then.......they're bored stupid! lol

Latest posts

Back