Liz earles fragrance no 1

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

athena69

Registered Shopper
hi guys, just wanted to ask you all...

have any of you tried this? what do you think about it? and what other fragrance is it similar to?

the reason for all the questions is that i have been sitting on the fence as to buying this fragrance since it was launched but with the mixed bag of reviews it's been getting i thought i'd come straight to you guys who, i know, will be honest and truthful! :tongue:

looking forward to reading your replies...:flower:

Very long thread about it while back. Most people totally hate it despite the beauty mags etc raving about it. Well for a start go read the reviews on the QVC site.

Most expecting something that smelt like the Instant Boost and its nothing like that. Alot think it smells like a rip off of a classic Dior. The person who gave a sample to me described it as cheap lemon washing up liquid.:clapping: The opening is very very lemon and I did get the contection.

Quite a few even sent it back to LE direct. But I will say try before you buy.

Hi athena

I would definitely agree with Donna in the 'try before you buy' mantra. I would not want to splash out nearly £40 to find I hated it. In my last two orders direct from Liz Earle I have had a sample size of the fragrance as a 'free gift' it comes in a tiny spray bottle.

I have to say contrary to a lot of folks I actually liked it and it's been one of the few fragrances I can wear without it making me headachey, I like the fresh smell of it and the way it changes as you wear it. It isn't for everyone though - a friend of mine got a sample and within 20 minutes of trying it had a severe migraine attack!

It's a nice, clean smell anyway - nothing like the IB Skin Tonic which is what they said it would be, but still lovely.

HTH a bit
xx

I like it - I bought a full size bottle. Like Cavegirl said, I like the way it changes. I'm not a fan of citrusy scents normally but the initial notes to me are more orangey, than lemon-y. My only gripe is it does not seem to last long so I probably won't repurchase. My Korres Body Mists last longer and are a fraction of the price (plus they smell divine!).

I like it - I bought a full size bottle. Like Cavegirl said, I like the way it changes. I'm not a fan of citrusy scents normally but the initial notes to me are more orangey, than lemon-y. My only gripe is it does not seem to last long so I probably won't repurchase. My Korres Body Mists last longer and are a fraction of the price (plus they smell divine!).

Ooh sounds interesting. I tend to stick to Chanel No5 but for the summer would like something a bit different and lighter. But I don't like the Liz Earle scent.

Cupcake where do you get yours from?

Ooh sounds interesting. I tend to stick to Chanel No5 but for the summer would like something a bit different and lighter. But I don't like the Liz Earle scent.

Cupcake where do you get yours from?

I bought mine in Greece but there you can get them online from Beauty Expert and Look Fantastic. I have the Fig, Saffron and Vanilla Cinnamon (alas, they no longer make the VC one - sob). I think they also do Magnolia and Jasmine (both of which I haven't smelt) They are around £9.50 each for 50mls.

Korres also do 3 proper perfumes but I haven't smelt them ... yet!

I really love the LE scent. I was sceptical about buying it because of negative reviews but I also had a free sample when I ordered stuff from her. It's gorgeous and leaves a beautiful lingering smell:flower:

I agree with other peoples' comments that it's a good idea to try this before buying but I don't agree that most people hate it. The QVC reviews are 5* 132, 4* 36, 3* 23, 2* 50 and 1* 118 so it's a fairly even split. The comments seem to vary quite a bit, some people say it's really heavy whilst others say that it doesn't last on them.

Liz Earle's own site are very helpful if you have a problem, I started reacting to a product and they gave me a refund for a part used item and a full one. I think they will refund on the perfume if you don't like it but if you can get a sample to try it saves the bother of returning it if you decide it's not for you.

I had a sample, liked it in the air, but on me it went distictly cats' peeish. Quite a few of the more complex perfumes do. my poor sis has it even worse, there are only about three she can wear.

I agree with other peoples' comments that it's a good idea to try this before buying but I don't agree that most people hate it. The QVC reviews are 5* 132, 4* 36, 3* 23, 2* 50 and 1* 118 so it's a fairly even split. The comments seem to vary quite a bit, some people say it's really heavy whilst others say that it doesn't last on them.

Liz Earle's own site are very helpful if you have a problem, I started reacting to a product and they gave me a refund for a part used item and a full one. I think they will refund on the perfume if you don't like it but if you can get a sample to try it saves the bother of returning it if you decide it's not for you.

i have emailed the liz earle company asking if i can get my hands on a sample, still waiting for a reply, but its good to know they will refund if i do have an allergic reaction to it!!! :flower:

I bought a sample off a forum member. The first time I tried it I thought it pleasant but the more I used it, the more I liked it. It has really grown on me and now I love it. I'm very sensitive to strong perfumes and can get headaches or sneezy off many but I'm absolutely fine with LE No 1 and when my sample runs out I will be buying the full size.

it's really nice classic scent but my gripe is that liz could have been a bit more artistic/creative..
for the money you can get y from ysl for around £20.00 for 100ml from some online sites.

Latest posts

Back