Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to use c&p until it changed and started to make my skin dry.

i now use Organic Surge wash off cleanser from Boots, it is a gel rather than a cream and takes all my make up off although i do still use a muslin cloth

It does say not to use it near your eyes but I do and it is fine and only costs about £6

This thread makes me so sad. I had to stop using C&P because it was no longer working (then I didscovered that they had changed the formula). I started using the A'kin rose and geranium cleanser and then the deceleor cleansing milk that I had in a TSV some time ago.

The past 8months have been fine with A'kin (until I ran out) and Decleor until I developed a breakout a fortnight ago. I trawled my Liz Earle stock pile and found an old formula C & P (unfortunately just 50mls).

My skin is back glowing and the breakout is disappearing each night. I know that when the bottle runs out then that is it, never to be used again. Why did they have to change things?

Like everyone else, I had noticed a difference in C&P before anyone realised that the formula had changed. It was sinking in more than before and I was having to use more and I assumed that it was my skin getting old and dry! So I made an effort to use up all the stocks I had and tried the Boots one. I found it effective (the cloths aren't great) but had to use quite a lot of it so even though it appears to be cheaper it may not work out to be in the long run. Also whilst the smell wasn't unpleasant, it wasn't the clean fresh smell of LE. I was also wary of getting it in my eyes (contacts & hay fever) as i am used to slapping C&P all over with no problems. Anyway, i have decided to go back to LE. I may give others a try in the future but at the moment i am with Liz!

i'm another one who has switched we all know it's changed she should admit it would respect her more she just seems a liar at the moment remember watching last visit and i was so shocked she looked at the camera and said it was exactly same as when launched i was disgusted she could lie so openly

i'm another one who has switched we all know it's changed she should admit it would respect her more she just seems a liar at the moment remember watching last visit and i was so shocked she looked at the camera and said it was exactly same as when launched i was disgusted she could lie so openly

I agree loubylou, I too would respect her more if she didn't say things like that. Too many people know it's just not the same and that it sinks in quicker than before, it's not so creamy.

I received my A'kin cleanser & toner yesterday and removed my make-up using it last night. One thing I did notice was that it left my skin feeling a bit dryer than when I use C & P, which was disappointing and I assume the problem is the witch hazel used for the toner. I would have preferred just to have it as a cleanser, I never use toner anyway. I will carry on and make a judgement about it after a couple more weeks.

Am so gutted about the change to C&P. It was a staple in my bathroom for years. The Eve Lom muslin cloth cleanser is good, but pricey. Have just ordered the new Decleor one today so hoping that can live up to the high expectations.

i'm another old C&P devotee and I'm still looking for a new HG cleanser. So far I have tried Elemis Pro Radiance (about to start another bottle of this as I have a stockpile that I want to use up before buying any more to try), Elemise Lavender cleanser (again have another in my stockpile) and Tesco version of C&P. This was lovely but I found the smell a bit off putting as it has geranium in it. I like the smell of geranium but not in beauty products.

I also have these cleansers in stock ready to try : Decleor (the white bottle) and Soap and Glory. Am really hoping that the Soap and Glory one does it for me.

Yes, I too was gutted that C & P changed, I had been using it for ages and loved it. :( I wish Liz would make one without almond oil in for nut allergy sufferers and also the original one for us ladies.

I used A'kin's cleanser last night again and it just doesn't get as much make-up off as the C & P. With Liz's cloths after using the C & P, it had loads of foundation on, but after using A'kin, there were just traces of foundation here and there, so I ended up using C & P as well afterwards - and more foundation was on the cloth!

Also, boy oh boy did the A'kin sting my eyes when I tried to get off just a bit of eyeliner from the underneath of my eyes. No mascara used, just the eyeliner, but my eyes didn't like the cleanser, whereas I was always able to use C & P right over the eye area with no stinging.

I'm none the wiser as to what to do now. I can't keep buying different cleansers to see what works, I just can't afford to. So it looks like the A'kin cleanser will have to go back and I'll have to stick with using the C & P but use more than just one pump each time.

I'm so disappointed as I had high hopes for the A'kin cleanser, especially after the rave reviews on the QVC website and also the fact that I love their rosehip oil and radiance serum. :(

:thinking:I am in the camp of not too sure where to go. I used Cleanse and Polish for years and in between tried every other brand under the sun (and spent way too much). I got really p***** off with Liz Earle's sell out to Avon so decided to go to Elemis (again). My skin has started reacting and I have spent quite a lot of money on a new cleansing routine - I think I get carried away with the hype and then can't understand why it is not working for me. Do I go back to Cleanse and Polish - I just don't know??? Feeling very frustrated as it is feeling like money down the drain all the time ......

Like everyone else I too am totally peed off about C&P. BTW have you ever looked inside a can when the pump no longer works & 6ou think its empty ? My husband sawed one in half. The amount that goes unused is is quite a lot. Or am I just being miserly:giggle:

I use the Boots hot cloth cleanser & Elemis Pro Radiance. Both fine. I will probably give the new Decleor one a go eventually.

Disgusting the way LE is misleading all of us about C&P & to bare face lie when looking into the camera is appalling.

Like everyone else I too am totally peed off about C&P. BTW have you ever looked inside a can when the pump no longer works & 6ou think its empty ? My husband sawed one in half. The amount that goes unused is is quite a lot. Or am I just being miserly:giggle:

I use the Boots hot cloth cleanser & Elemis Pro Radiance. Both fine. I will probably give the new Decleor one a go eventually.

Disgusting the way LE is misleading all of us about C&P & to bare face lie when looking into the camera is appalling.

I agree, she's upset a lot of people with the change in ingredients but keeps saying it's the same formula. Too many people can vouch that it's not.

I agree, she's upset a lot of people with the change in ingredients but keeps saying it's the same formula. Too many people can vouch that it's not.

For ages on QVC she said it's essentially the same formula with a few tweaks.

The company has confirmed the changes on facebook and the other day on a LE show LE emphasised the the base of the product had always been cocoa butter and that its an expensive ingredient.

I agree it would have been better if when the formula was changed around two years ago there was some sort of announcement on the website but they aren't trying to hide the fact now.

For me its great, I seem to be able to use it now with no problems so I'm pleased but I know lots of devoted fans aren't happy about the change and feel its possibly a cost saving exercise rather than the actual reason given.

I wouldn't mind at all if she'd made a few tweaks if it still felt the same when I was using it, but it sinks into my skin so that I can't massage it like I used to be able to, unless I use twice the amount, which isn't at all economical compared to how it was before. :(

How can it be the same formula when it's had a few tweaks? I'ts been changed therefore not the same formula.

Sometimes the more successful a company gets (like LE) the more they start looking at cheaper ingredients for more profit then the synthetics start to creep in.

http://www.soapandglory.com/products...er?fromSearch=
I've looked at the ingredients here and noticed that it contains paraben and almond oil, not milk.
I recently bought a 100 ml bottle of almond oil from a health shop under £2 and add it to C&P when using it, mixing in my hand. I'm not sure how much better it is cleansing because I don't use it regularly but I need to finish my C&P which I get with each TSV, I'm not a fan of C&P only use it because I have to, I wouldn't buy it on its own. For those of you who loved the old C&P may want to try adding almond oil themselves, perhaps it will solve the problem and also you can add as much or as little as you like, even more than Liz did in the past and adding more may help to use less of C&P, just an idea.

Last edited:
does anyone know when it actually changed, being a stockpiler (with bad stock rotation habits) I cant put my finger on when it was. Am not repurchasing but will use up the few I have

I work with another lady who loves QVC and when she's in the office we always chat about the latest TSV's. The other day she was looking at the website and pointed to LE saying that's fab stuff. I said it was until she changed the formula. She had only been using theproduct since Christmas so I explained to her that she will never know the difference but that I'd been using it for four years and knew it was different. She said that LE keeps saying it's the same formula since day one. I told her this was untrue and mentioned the partnership with Avon which seemed to put her right off!

I wouldn't mind at all if she'd made a few tweaks if it still felt the same when I was using it, but it sinks into my skin so that I can't massage it like I used to be able to, unless I use twice the amount, which isn't at all economical compared to how it was before. :(

Well I know how annoying it is when something you think is great changes, then you have to start shopping around trying to find something else.

People on LE facebook are asking that an almond and almond free version be made so that customers have choice, you never know. I wonder if the change has affected sales at all.

Coca Butter an expensive ingredient my Ar*e!

You see it in the cheapest ranges, widely used by many in body products.
It can be bought coca butter for very little by the general public in some health food shops etc(not all keep it). Comes in a yellow block which melts in the heat of your hands. It is very moisturising but can block pores so I would not a good idea for the face.

Oh and Liz Earle uses parabens in her products. So if anyone worries about them then you should not use LE at all.

Latest posts

Back