Liz Earle TSV 26/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wow, my items have been shipped already. Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions on products they love.

My Superdrug has sold out of that Radiant cleanser!!!! There has been a run on them and a lady had taken the last few. Apparently it has recently been in the Daily Mail. So it is on next week's list now unless I see it in Kingston on Monday. Got the Boots stuff though.

I tried to look up the Daily Mail online with no luck so far, wanted to see what was said about this cleanser.

I just wanted to thanks the folks on here for recommending the superdrug hot cloth cleanser, I bought one Wednesday and got another one yesterday although the stock seemed to go quickly, I only paid £2.65 for the second one as they had some special promotion on, I really like it, great quality cloth you get with it as well, certainly worth trying if you want a much cheaper alternative to C&P. I got the hand balm they do as well that has been also recommended on here too,as my eczema has been has been playing up and that's great too, buy one get one half price, so another bargain.
I never used to shop much in Superdrug but am a convert, thanks again folks!
Sorry have hijacked the original thread a bit !

Whilst we are raving about Boots and SD, does anyone rate their exfoliators (no scratchy bits though) or face masks (not clay). I generally use Papaya Enzyme Peel or Gatineau radiance? Gommage and I do like the Melatogenine mask. I switched to Body Shop but they have just switched to clay except for the overnight one. Which is OK but I don't keep it on overnight. I did get a Nuxe mask as recommended on here and quite like that, M&S sell it.

Had to nip in asda this morning, so picked up a N spa cleanser £6.40 for 150ml, so 50% bigger than normal c&p. Have just tried it am quite impressed. It says it smells of neroli, and it does slightly, is not unpleasant and the smell does not linger on the skin which is important to us migraine sufferers. The pump dispenser is not as good as c&p, and it also delivered too much product but partly that was my fault for being heavy handed. Leaves skin nice and soft, no tightness, didn't sting my eyes. So looked at the ingredients compared to c&p, the first 4 are the same and in the same order, some others are the same later in the list. It's made in UK. Is paraban free. I still have a stash of c&p, bought when good offers on website or tsvs, but would consider this a worthy alternative.

Whilst we are raving about Boots and SD, does anyone rate their exfoliators (no scratchy bits though) or face masks (not clay). I generally use Papaya Enzyme Peel or Gatineau radiance? Gommage and I do like the Melatogenine mask. I switched to Body Shop but they have just switched to clay except for the overnight one. Which is OK but I don't keep it on overnight. I did get a Nuxe mask as recommended on here and quite like that, M&S sell it.

not sure if you have tried alpha h liquid gold but using this glycol toner means no need for masks imo i don't know what other people think on this

Wow, just catching up with this thread. Thanks for all the advice and recommendations. I have already ordered the super drug hot cloth cleanser. Great price

Pleased to hear new people are trying the Superdrug hot cloth cleansers and enjoymg usng them :) Finding them has saved me so much money on skincare, the effects really match those of cleansers costing five times as much.

Thanks Boffy. I haven't tried Liquid Gold as I don't buy the Alpha H range. I like to do a quick mask on a Saturday or Sunday morning. If Boots or SD don't have super bargains like with the HCC I might just stick with Nuxe or see if M&S Formula does one.

I`ve used this mask but it`s for dry to very dry skin. I haven`t used exfoliators for years so I`ve no recommendations for those but the No 7 mask was very nice to use.
http://www.boots.com/no7/no7-skinca...kin-hydration-mask-dry-very-dry100ml-10221488

Just done a tour of the shops in Kingston and got the SD HCC plus some other exfoliators and masks from Boots and M&S Formula range so will try those when the existing stocks run out. They are in their own DHS stash. Thanks all for the tips!

Latest posts

Back