Liz Earle stunning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i really don't know why i smell it so strongly D! i will do what Flora has suggested: put it in the fridge.

Its not nice though when it smells horrible and you put it on your skin and have to smell that all day. If its still stinks bet you will be able to return it. :flower:

Its not nice though when it smells horrible and you put it on your skin and have to smell that all day. If its still stinks bet you will be able to return it. :flower:

i have used almost all of it, but i am reluctant to order another pot, which is a shame because i have dry skin and it has a better texture. alternatively, i use the normal moisturiser with a few drops of superskin concentrate which are both very pleasurable when applied...and the smell is divine.:sun:

Have to agree I thin Liz looks FAB today - I thought she looked quite ill when presenting the last TSV very dark circles under her eyes.

It has been good to hear that other people thinks the superskin moisturiser smells - mine also smells horrible - I don't like the smell of the skin repair so was hoping to use this instead but looks like I will stick to my Gatineau moisturiser

I will trial putting it in the fridge before I totally give up on it - thank you for the tip

Bea

i have used almost all of it, but i am reluctant to order another pot, which is a shame because i have dry skin and it has a better texture. alternatively, i use the normal moisturiser with a few drops of superskin concentrate which are both very pleasurable when applied...and the smell is divine.:sun:

I love the smell of the superskin Concentrate its my fave!

Are you finding that the Superskin Moisturiser smells immediately on opening or is it just over time, because what about getting the small pot instead and use that. Just been to wiff mine and it does nto smell of anything, I have a small pot at moment

I've had a couple of pots of Superskin Moisturisers, but I will be sticking with my Skin Repair. Much prefer the Skin Repair smell. The smell of the Superskin reminds me a bit of the Plasticine you used to play with as a kid.

Are you finding that the Superskin Moisturiser smells immediately on opening or is it just over time, because what about getting the small pot instead and use that. Just been to wiff mine and it does nto smell of anything, I have a small pot at moment

I think it is more over time. Fab idea, I will buy the small one. Thanks D!

I have posted ths several times before,but I have seen Liz in the flesh and her skin is not fantastic close up.She has heavy dark circles and average skin.
She does not look young and dewy,just ordinary like me realy lol!!

The camera and the film of rice pudding over the lens create an illusion sadly!

Never seen her in the flesh so to speak, so can't comment on her skin, but I do think she is a very very attractive woman.

Seen AY loads of times in the flesh without piles of slap and she does have very smooth young looking skin.

I think it must be the natural oils that are giving off the fishy smell! I tried the Trilogy Rosehip oil and it had a definite fishy smell from it which was a bit off putting. I switched over to the A'kin Rosehip and there's no fishy smell at all.

Have to say to anyone who likes LE (and I do), try A'kin! It's actually even more natural than the LE products and even better value (the 125ml cleanser lasts me a good two months if not longer, i've only ever had a month out of a 50ml cleanse & polish, they are practically the same price so A'kin is far better value) and the moisturisers are just lovely. I know I sound like an ad for it but I'm SO glad I tried it as I was finding the C&P was getting too expensive to use.

Tx

Does anyone have a full list of ingredients for the Superskin moisturiser? There could well be fish oils in there somewhere omega 3 or 6. Both are very in with skincare at the moment even organic natural brands.

i really don't know why i smell it so strongly D! i will do what Flora has suggested: put it in the fridge.

Have to agree I thin Liz looks FAB today - I thought she looked quite ill when presenting the last TSV very dark circles under her eyes.

It has been good to hear that other people thinks the superskin moisturiser smells - mine also smells horrible - I don't like the smell of the skin repair so was hoping to use this instead but looks like I will stick to my Gatineau moisturiser

I will trial putting it in the fridge before I totally give up on it - thank you for the tip

Bea

Sorry to disappoint all of you, but I don't think that a Superskin that has already turned fishy can get better by putting it in the fridge. :confused:
It's like for food, once it's done, it's done ! :sad:

I think it has to go in the fridge when it's brand new and just arriving fresh ! :flower:

It's also a good idea to use small jars if you can't use a fridge, or it could even fit more easily inside the fridge (my jars go on the door). :)

Does anyone have a full list of ingredients for the Superskin moisturiser? There could well be fish oils in there somewhere omega 3 or 6. Both are very in with skincare at the moment even organic natural brands.

No fish oil at all !
If you have any Liz Earle product, you should have a leaflet and all the ingredients are in the last pages. :happy:

No fish oil at all !
If you have any Liz Earle product, you should have a leaflet and all the ingredients are in the last pages. :happy:

All I have left from her range is the fake tan from last year. So no idea? I have to say I hate the smell of her everyday moisturiser, the body cream smells the same but I can stand it. Since delevoping roseaca my skin does not like any of her skin care for the face.

I am getting the impression LE is going to have two ranges from now on. The basics and the anti aging higher priced range.

Dear Donna255,

There really isn't any fish oil inside, only vegetal oils like cranberry seed oil.
Here's the list of ingredients that I quickly found on the internet :
Liz Earle
Superskin Moisturiser

Ingredients:
Aqua, Vaccinium macrocarpon seed oil, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil, Dicapryl carbonate, Tocopherol, Borago officinalis seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii, Glyceryl stearate, Pentaerythrityl distearate, Punica granatum fruit extract, Xanthan gum, Sodium stearoylglutamate, Sodium polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide

I don't have time at the moment to compare to the leaflet, but I read it a little while ago and it looks like that.
I'll check later.
(Vaccinium macrocarpon means cranberry.)

The superskin does have a slight smell but it doesn't bother me I really love it would be nice if he had a nice smell like skin repair the really horrible fishy one that I used once was ren face oil absolutely revolting yuk I didn't use to like the smell of the body cream either but don't mind that now either hoping superskin body cream has a nice smell

Hi Donna:hi:

I have some of Liz's products and they have a statement on them that says "no animal extracts". Also on her website it adds - except beeswax, propolis and manuka honey.

She may look stunning on air, but apparently its all down to flattering lighting conditions.
I've seen her in M&S with her kids and without make-up on a very hot day and she looked beautiful. She is very natural and was very pleasant to me anyway.

Don't forget Liz brings her own team to make her up for tv. That is a big help. She also seems to be in softlight any time she is on. Someone commented the one time she was in normal studio lighting. The difference was amazing.:movie:

Well I want some of that light then! Her skin positively gleamed with a lovely sheen - I can only think that must have been makeup because it was just in the right place, but I'd love to know what she uses! Sadly, due to allergies to several of her ingredients, I can't use LE products.

Well I want some of that light then! Her skin positively gleamed with a lovely sheen - I can only think that must have been makeup because it was just in the right place, but I'd love to know what she uses! Sadly, due to allergies to several of her ingredients, I can't use LE products.

i agree a fabulous highlighter on her sheeks - wonder which one it is.

i noticed (sad I know!) that whereas she normally wears more neutral matte eyeshades she had a gorgeous very shimmery glossy pale pink eyeshadow on and it looked lovely. I struggle to find beautiful pale shades that give coverage.

Latest posts

Back