Liz Earle stunning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I absolutely love her Superskin moisturiser although I'm not so keen on the price. I've never noticed a smell, even after reading this and going to sniff the pot! :thinking2:

I know smell is a very subjective thing & also that one's perception of a smell can change over time - originally I didn't like the smell of the Skin Repair but now I love it & find it very 'comforting'!
(I'm sure one of the reasons I cling on to Gatineau is that I love the way the products smell! lol)

i love my liz earle but i think the skin repair smells like BO!only last a few seconds and i still love it, i think it may be the essential oils so i wouldnt let that put you off trying the superskin. lol just thaught ide share!:blush::blush::grin:

I couldn't place the smell,but have just re-sniffed after reading this and ...yes!! Eugh! I am even more put off now-I have been trying to use it up by putting it on my neck and chest at night over prolagene but now I will be thinking dead fish if I do that lol!

Oops, sorry SuziQ, I didn't mean to implant the idea of a 'fishy smell' into your head......! :blush:

I think she missed a trick tbh-we all love the smell of her products so why make one she claims to have no smell (although it does actually smell unpleasant and-dare I say it?_-synthetic!)

I always thought that a bid odd too, presumably the other 'naturally scented' products don't irritate her own or other peoples' sensitive skin & as it's the only product in her range that is unscented - how do they manage with the other products then? *confused!*

I couldn't place the smell,but have just re-sniffed after reading this and ...yes!! Eugh! I am even more put off now-I have been trying to use it up by putting it on my neck and chest at night over prolagene but now I will be thinking dead fish if I do that lol!
I think she missed a trick tbh-we all love the smell of her products so why make one she claims to have no smell (although it does actually smell unpleasant and-dare I say it?_-synthetic!)

i get the same 'fishy' smell too, SQ, which puts me right off, although i love the texture. i have ordered the two new products, i hope they don't smell the same.

Couldn't have put it better myself! :)

Several reviews desribed it as a 'fishy smell' which I must admit has rather put me off trying it so far....?

i get the same 'fishy' smell too, SQ, which puts me right off, although i love the texture. i have ordered the two new products, i hope they don't smell the same.

When natural good quality vegetal oils age, they tend to get a fishy smell !
I had this happen at the beginning, after a few months of receiving my first Superskin jar. :doh:

But then, every time I bought a jar, I put it right in the fridge and use it every day from the fridge.
No fishy smell now, even after months, open or not ! :sun:

I've used the skin repair for 3 yrs and love the delicate smell. I'm now on my second pot of the Superskin Moisturiser and to me it's totally unscented. I can't detect any smell at all. I love it and it works a treat!

When natural good quality vegetal oils age, they tend to get a fishy smell !
I had this happen at the beginning, after a few months of receiving my first Superskin jar. :doh:

But then, every time I bought a jar, I put it right in the fridge and use it every day from the fridge.
No fishy smell now, even after months, open or not ! :sun:

Thanks for the tip Flora! :flower:
I need one of those mini fridges (like you keep your beer in! lol) for the bathroom to keep all my stuff in.......:wait2:

.....'cept there's no plug in the bathroom! Dangnabbit, foiled again, another brilliant plan that will never come to fruition! :doh:

I need one of those mini fridges (like you keep your beer in! lol) for the bathroom to keep all my stuff in.......:wait2:

.....'cept there's no plug in the bathroom! Dangnabbit, foiled again, another brilliant plan that will never come to fruition! :doh:

:giggle::giggle:
I just use my normal fridge for skincare too !

lol Kitten, please don't give my any ideas!!!:giggle::rock:

:giggle::giggle:
I just use my normal fridge for skincare too !

There's no room for my stuff - it's full of DD's yoghurts & guava juice & OH's billions of rolls of film! (And it's a big fridge!) :thinking2:
(I do keep my little pots of Sheer Pink Lip Shimmer & Superbalm in there though.....in the butter tray! lol)

lol Kitten, please don't give my any ideas!!!:giggle::rock:

*chants* Mini fridge, mini fridge, mini fridge........go on, you know you want one, I know I do! :grin:
OK, so there's no plug in the bathroom but wouldn't a small one fit under a bedside table in the bedroom perhaps......eh? It would, wouldn't it? :nod:

:sad::thinking2::thinking2:

Just knew I had a use for that old big Cola fridge from his shop.

:flower:

I haven't noticed a smell with superskin at all and i've had a few pots on and off. I have tended to have the smaller ones though although I'll be opening a big jar in a week or so.

I love that it has no smell as I can't use skin repair. I can use other products in the range - amamzingly C+P whihc I couldn't use before is fine now but I like my all day cream to be inert when it comes to fragrance

Ren do an omega oil that is plant based and I think it smells of peach but if you look at reviews on make-up alley some people comment it smells fishy so it mucst depdn on your sense of smell as to what it is like to you. Anyway I LOVE it.

I cant smell anything in the superskin Moisturiser. I like the product, it was the Hope in a jar that smelt horrible IMHO. Also IMHO I think Liz Earle has excellent skin.

I cant smell anything in the superskin Moisturiser. I like the product, it was the Hope in a jar that smelt horrible IMHO. Also IMHO I think Liz Earle has excellent skin.

i really don't know why i smell it so strongly D! i will do what Flora has suggested: put it in the fridge.

I love most LE products that I use - and love the smells - tried Superskin and just couldn't manage it. Husband loves it though so it didn't go to waste. He is into DIY and describes it as smelling like putty!

Latest posts

Back