Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i think its going to be a repackaged avon product. I never thought liz earle would have taken her range into makeup and think that the avon takeover is possibly pushing this.

its far too expensive and I won't be trying it unless I see some amazing reviews on it

:blush::blush: I am bumping this up just to say i hope the new Liz Earle tinted moisturiser bombs! Thats because I lost a few of my marbles today and splashed out on the Laura Mercier one. It is definitely not cheap (€48.00) Aaargh! But sod it, I am poorly, deserve a treat. Quality wise, it is the business, even allowing for the fact that the girl put way too much on in the store. Why is it when they get you in the chair, they seem to go mad with the products? Anyway i am really pleased with it and Liz's one will have to be pretty spectacular to beat it, not that I am going to buy it now anyway. Off now to bin the receipt before Mr Itchy gets home.

Yes Laura Mercier has been the best ever for years. That is why it wins awards year in year out.

Ole Liz is so behind the times, sweetie. BBs are the BIG thing in tinted moisturers now. Japanese idea which now the Western brands are bringing out.

Yes Laura Mercier has been the best ever for years. That is why it wins awards year in year out.

Ole Liz is so behind the times, sweetie. BBs are the BIG thing in tinted moisturers now. Japanese idea which now the Western brands are bringing out.

Er - what are BBs?

Itchy, I doubt it, BBs are marketed as such and usually the actual product is called a BB cream, not tinted moisturizer. I bought one from Hong Kong and coverage is fantastic - it will be invaluable in autumn/winter (right now my skin is a bit too dark & dry). Even Maybelline has brought out a BB cream, I wonder whether they'll start marketing that over here anytime soon.

Itchy, I doubt it, BBs are marketed as such and usually the actual product is called a BB cream, not tinted moisturizer. I bought one from Hong Kong and coverage is fantastic - it will be invaluable in autumn/winter (right now my skin is a bit too dark & dry). Even Maybelline has brought out a BB cream, I wonder whether they'll start marketing that over here anytime soon.

Fair enough. I am pleased with my new tinted moisturiser. Its a lot more than I would usually pay, but should last quite a while.

If anyone is interested in trying a BB cream then I highly recommend Missha which is now my everyday foundation/tinted moisturiser. It seems really thick and pale at first but it melts into the skin, gives really nice but natural coverage (which is buildable) and has a really high spf but without a white cast. I absolutely love it (got mine on ebay).

I totally agree with Donna, LE will be pontificating about this like it's something new and revolutionary whereas this kind of product has been around since the dark ages! Maybe it's more natural or has blimmin aloe vera in it (and she'll slice a plant open to prove it...) but there are a million tinted moisturisers out there now, many with a lot higher spf that 15 and a greater colour choice.

Tx

Smashbox are launching one which will be exclusive to QVC(it came out on pre launch on QVC US and they went nuts for it), Gardiea(sp) are bringing one out shortly. Other brands no doubt will be following suit.

I have the Missha one, too. The best thing is, though, that they're not too expensive and you get a decent sized tube, always a plus in my book!

I have the Missha one, too. The best thing is, though, that they're not too expensive and you get a decent sized tube, always a plus in my book!

This is all interesting. I had never heard of these before. My Laura Mercier one is spf 20, so I am pleased with that. Also i didn't really mean that I hoped Liz Earle's new one bombed. That would be nasty. I just mean that if her one turns out to be wonderful, I would be kicking myself that i did not wait for its release before paying considerably more for Laura Mercier.

I use tyhe Bobbi Brown one in the summer and love it, all this talk about Laura Mercier and I am thinking that maybe I should try hers.

I am a weakwilled person :smirk:
who always wants more:confused::confused:

I have just started using the new garnier BB cream 9.99 from superdrug and have to say first impressions are good. Don't know how it works but it does seem to even out the skin, and diffuse the fine lines so they are not as noticable. I am using my Bobbi brown corrector as I have really dark circles ( partially genetic and partially due to medication) just a dap of maybelline blusher and some Bobbi brown bronzer and that's me done

When Lady Earle was on La Q once over the question of moisturisers with SPF was raised and she made the point that unless you're re-applying your product at intervals throughout the day (or is an all day ultrasun type one i presume) then the SPF obviously isn't going to protect you all day, which is why they didn't put it in their skin repair. Which tbh I thought was a valid point.
What's so different about this then, or does it last all day?

Well since this new product is just a moisturiser with a tint, nothing.

Latest posts

Back