Liz Earle Colour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
The new make up must be coming on shortly as the trailer was on earlier.

I had a look at the make up range in John Lewis today and wasn't impressed at all. The lip gloss, although lots of colours to choose from, was VERY sticky and the cream blusher was like Vaseline. There is a pen concealer which is mimicking YSL's Touche Eclat but it's way too thick for under the eye.

All in all I didn't think it was anything special but no doubt Liz E will be on soon promising us great things.

Quite a few on Facebook QVC page saying the packaging looks very Avon:tongue: Of course all hell is breaking loose with the LE fans going nuts about people keep mentioning Avon and animal testing etc. The fans screaming its all rumours that they test, I had to give them a link where Avon lost their right to put No Animal Testing on their catalogues and website. Then where the products are made, same factories as Avon, people saying its Italy. But other coming forward and saying they have bought and it is the Eastern block.

I imagine the whole show will be a sell out at 6 o'clock, particularly with AY presenting and hyping it up.

I still would love to know why AY always refused to present LE shows in the beginning.
Has that ever be explained or was it just snobbery?

It would have to be very special if I was to buy more make up, will have a look, but is it not nice that you can send it back if you are not impressed with QVC?

As I understood it all those years back "in the Salon with Alison" was a presenter WITH AY as the expert, instead of a guest. When there was a guest like LE they were the expert so no need for AY. Now Alison is the presenter in her own right.

The 'Hot Picks' on Q are showing the Liz Earle 3 Piece Summer Makeup Capsule Collection

concealer
blush
lip gloss
4 samples of the skin tint
(that's 4 bits not 3 Q)

for £36.60 & £3,95 P&P.
Forty quid seems über pricey to me!

The new make up must be coming on shortly as the trailer was on earlier.

I had a look at the make up range in John Lewis today and wasn't impressed at all. The lip gloss, although lots of colours to choose from, was VERY sticky and the cream blusher was like Vaseline. There is a pen concealer which is mimicking YSL's Touche Eclat but it's way too thick for under the eye.

All in all I didn't think it was anything special but no doubt Liz E will be on soon promising us great things.

Great I already bought the lipgloss trio in pink to beat the sell-outs tonight as well as mascara set. Anybody tried mascara? 30 Day MBG might be neeeded!:sad:

Quite a few on Facebook QVC page saying the packaging looks very Avon:tongue: Of course all hell is breaking loose with the LE fans going nuts about people keep mentioning Avon and animal testing etc. The fans screaming its all rumours that they test, I had to give them a link where Avon lost their right to put No Animal Testing on their catalogues and website. Then where the products are made, same factories as Avon, people saying its Italy. But other coming forward and saying they have bought and it is the Eastern block.

That does concern me Donna as I wouldn't want to buy cosmetics tested on animals. Are you saying that LE fans are in denial about this?

The few bits I've bought have the leaping bunny on the box, but I haven't checked where they were made. I've got the lipgloss in Mallow and I like it (and I'm very fussy with lipglosses!!). It's not too sticky and when it's gone it doesn't leave my lips feeling dry.

They are very expensive .Looks like Liz Earle is cashing in on her success of the cleanse and polish:wonder:. Maybe she now thinks that she is on par with the other cosmetic houses and therefore entitled to ask for high prices. I have gone off Liz Earle since cleanse and polish has crept UP in price. I used to think that she was a nice and genuine person when she used to say how she used to suffer from skin problems, etc..etc. She came across as though she was ought to help people:nod:. I suppose it is not her fault that I was so gullible:grin:

Had a look at the Q and was shocked by the prices. No blurb there to suggest the range is 'au naturel' or ethical. Whats the selling point? Not remotely tempted by the range. Had the skin tint samples sent to me and found them very wet. Also I get a little annoyed that having bought LE in the dim and distant past they still insists on posting out catalogues. Not very green of them.

Oh and Minim, the serene cat picture is so adorable!

That does concern me Donna as I wouldn't want to buy cosmetics tested on animals. Are you saying that LE fans are in denial about this?

Well since Avon currently own the brand(L'Oreal are now circling Avon to buy them out), the profits will go to Avon/L'Oreal in the end. One company does not buy up another and expect nothing out of it. A lot refusing to believe Avon are animal testing, but since they have moved into the Chinese market they are testing for that market. So do you turn a blind eye if its done in another country and not the UK/US?

Here is the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ws-animal-test-claims-website-complaints.html

For some strange reason I only think of Liz Earle as pure oils, vitamins and aloe vera. That imagine and cosmetics do not go together in my head and I am uncomfortable with her selling out, and changing cleanse and polish and putting the prices up. So it would take rave reviews to make me buy.

This is the bit that has always laid a bit uneasy with me. Nothing about being snobbish about Avon, just that with their strong no animal testing policies they've got into bed so to speak with a company that now has to resume that very thing. If Avon have bought the LE company, how is it still a stand alone company, and surely they expect some return on their investment? I'm no Alan Sugar can you tell!!! I did throw my toys out of the pram when it was announced and stopped using the products, and then started again as I suited my skin, but still feel a bit uneasy because of this. I won't be buying anymore of the lipgloss as although I liked it I still like my LG and Bobbi Brown.

I also think its very odd that a woman who has spent most of her life extoling the virtues of nature and the powers of natural products, and announced proudly that there is no animal testing on her products, could then sell out to Avon, purely for that reason. Were there not any other companies she could have collaborated with?

However I am being a complete hypocrite here, because although I do not agree with animal testing and try to research as much as I can before using products I cannot say I am completely confident that I have non-animal tested products in my make-up cases and house.

Meh! Not impressed with - products - price - presenters - makeup artist - presentation - models. Her daughter, Lily, has been mentioned umpteen times, pity the other model - they look about 16. Alison and LE talking over each other, telling each other to remain calm and carry on. Yeah, really professional, not! Only good thing, am feeling quite smug that LE has age spots on her hands, and I don't. Ain't I 'orrible?!?

Latest posts

Back