Liz Earle - assuming a winning spot?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L'OccitaneLover16

Registered Shopper
QVC UK show dates
If you've seen us on QVC before we hope you enjoyed our shows. Our next show dates and times are...

QVC Beauty Awards - Friday 31st July

7.00pm QVC Customer Beauty Awards Nominees 10.00pm QVC Customer Beauty Awards Winners

Hmm, i think the voting closed the end of yesterday and maybe they told liz earle she has won or she is just assuming?
(wierd im bored by the way!)

Oh my goodness!!! I thought by the title Liz had one an award for having a big zit !!!!!!!! La Liz..........NEVERRRRRR :cheeky:

No, you're not, alibeth. I can't use LE stuff as it brings me out in spots, and I am also puzzled about the inclusion of known skin irritants such as camphor, eucalyptus and lavender. Obviously a lot of people on here love it, but there are a fair few of us who remain unimpressed. She's bound to win, but then the options were somewhat limited from what I remember, so she didn't really have that much competition in the categories.
I'll stick with my Peter Thomas Roth and DDF products, they are truly fabulous.

I assumed many winning spots after using Cleanse & Polish.. so wanted to love this stuff as so nice to use. I am the only one who doesn't get on with this multi-award winner?

I used it a few years ago and it made my face dry and patchy. Then I gave it another go last year and I am now fine with it. They have either changed it - or I have changed! Lots of people love Elemis - made my face go like balloon! Funny how some people can use one thing but not another.

I used it a few years ago and it made my face dry and patchy. Then I gave it another go last year and I am now fine with it. They have either changed it - or I have changed! Lots of people love Elemis - made my face go like balloon! Funny how some people can use one thing but not another.

Typical of me, Snuffles, I react to BOTH LE and Elemis! Spots and rashes with LE and cystic ruddy acne with Elemis! I suppose I'd have to admit that they made a difference to my skin, but it wasn't quite the difference I was hoping for...

No, you're not, alibeth. I can't use LE stuff as it brings me out in spots, and I am also puzzled about the inclusion of known skin irritants such as camphor, eucalyptus and lavender. Obviously a lot of people on here love it, but there are a fair few of us who remain unimpressed. She's bound to win, but then the options were somewhat limited from what I remember, so she didn't really have that much competition in the categories.
I'll stick with my Peter Thomas Roth and DDF products, they are truly fabulous.

Glad to know I'm not alone out there iclaudipuss...what does DDF stand for please?

Last edited:
It's Doctors Dermatologic Formula, alibeth, and it has some very good products, but a bit pricey. The Peter thomas Roth stuff is quite dear, too, but they've both given me excellent results, and got rid of the problems caused by the stuff I reacted badly to.

I assumed many winning spots after using Cleanse & Polish.. so wanted to love this stuff as so nice to use. I am the only one who doesn't get on with this multi-award winner?

I can't use it either ... gives me terrible rosacea (papules etc). the only face stuff of hers I can use is the IBST, Superskin Concentrate and Superskin moisturiser (although I find both SS products too heavy at this time of year).
Am fine with the body stuff though.

Huh! I've just this minute (almost) written to FairyNuff to buy her C&P as a trial. I'll let y'all know how I get along, I usually use rinse-off gel cleansers, Gale Hayman from Direct Cosmetics or Beate Johnen from IW, but I use a microfibre cloth with them.

I take a lot of what Paula Begoun says with a pinch of salt - but not a kilo of salt like with AY - but I do wonder about the "natural" irritants LE likes to use.

clemenzina

I can't use it either ... gives me terrible rosacea (papules etc). the only face stuff of hers I can use is the IBST, Superskin Concentrate and Superskin moisturiser (although I find both SS products too heavy at this time of year).
Am fine with the body stuff though.

I can't use her body wash which is a shame as it smells lovely. It makes me itchy and sore like other essential oil rich products. The daily eye repair is also a no no...but adore the eyebright, skin tonic & skin repair light.

I take a lot of what Paula Begoun says with a pinch of salt - but not a kilo of salt like with AY - but I do wonder about the "natural" irritants LE likes to use.

clemenzina

Slightly off topic here (but kind of ties in to the ingredients thing) ... one of the things that annoyed me in the Green Beauty Bible was their blind spot where certain brands (LE being the main one) were concerned. Other brands got a ticking off for having Natural in their name, whilst they weren't 100% natural, yet they never said anything about LE using it, or the fact that some of her products including talc, propelyne glycol, PEG's, fragrance etc in her stuff (other brands got told off for using talc etc). Don't get me wrong, I love the LE products I can use, and love the fact that she carries the leaping bunny logo, but I think it's unfair of the Jo Fairley and Sarah Stacey to do that when they are supposed to be impartial as far as the books are concerned.

I can't use her body wash which is a shame as it smells lovely. It makes me itchy and sore like other essential oil rich products. The daily eye repair is also a no no...but adore the eyebright, skin tonic & skin repair light.

have you tried the a'kin shower gels? some of them have essential oils in them but they also do an unscented one - i use the fragranced ones and can suffer from eczema in the winter, haven't had any problems. the bottles are 225mls and last for ages as you only need a tiny amount. also, Jason's do a great shower gels - lots of different fragrances - think it's £7 for a litre bottle (health shop).

Slightly off topic here (but kind of ties in to the ingredients thing) ... one of the things that annoyed me in the Green Beauty Bible was their blind spot where certain brands (LE being the main one) were concerned. Other brands got a ticking off for having Natural in their name, whilst they weren't 100% natural, yet they never said anything about LE using it, or the fact that some of her products including talc, propelyne glycol, PEG's, fragrance etc in her stuff (other brands got told off for using talc etc). Don't get me wrong, I love the LE products I can use, and love the fact that she carries the leaping bunny logo, but I think it's unfair of the Jo Fairley and Sarah Stacey to do that when they are supposed to be impartial as far as the books are concerned.

The Green Beauty Bible does have a daisy rating, to indicate how 'natural' a product is, so readers can see that LE products are more natural than a lot of cosmetics (1 daisy - indicate a reasonably high level of natural ingredients), but I don't think many of her products get the top rating (2 dasies - means that the products contain no synthetic ingredients, which means no parabens or other synthetic preservatives. Three daisies gets a tiny bit more complicated: it means that the products are independently organically certified, acknowledging their true sustainability. However, under organic guidelines, one or two well-tolerated, carefully-screened preservatives are permitted, such as sodium benzoate and phenoxyethanol - this was taken from the BB website)

well I have gone back to it this week and so far had 3 yellowheads since starting on it (gross I know) but I do like the fact that you can see the muck coming off your face,however not impressed that I am spotty!!
anyone else have this problem??

QVC UK show dates
If you've seen us on QVC before we hope you enjoyed our shows. Our next show dates and times are...

QVC Beauty Awards - Friday 31st July

7.00pm QVC Customer Beauty Awards Nominees 10.00pm QVC Customer Beauty Awards Winners

Hmm, i think the voting closed the end of yesterday and maybe they told liz earle she has won or she is just assuming?
(wierd im bored by the way!)

Cleanse and Polish is the best selling item on QVC

have you tried the a'kin shower gels? some of them have essential oils in them but they also do an unscented one - i use the fragranced ones and can suffer from eczema in the winter, haven't had any problems. the bottles are 225mls and last for ages as you only need a tiny amount. also, Jason's do a great shower gels - lots of different fragrances - think it's £7 for a litre bottle (health shop).

Yes cupcake I sometimes use the unscented A'kin shower gel and have had no problems with it. I usually use a really good & inexpensive brand called Pure Nuff stuff which contains a minimum of ingredients and never upsets my skin Will look out for Jason...thanks.:clapping:

Interesting topic. The best thing to do, really, is to clue yourself up on ingredients, read ingredients labels and shop around.

Thanks for this post cupcake, I was starting to feel a bit like the boy in the emperor's new clothes about LE. It is a good quality product but not the angelic ingredient list many expect.

Sarah Stacey and Jo Fairley are personal friends of Liz and have been for years. They pushed her range from the day it first appeared. Middle aged womens network anyone. They go on about natural and how bad parabens are etc. Yet Liz Earle does have parabens in her products.. They can't have it both ways.

Latest posts

Back