Little

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
ok, i know i'm sounding like a cracked record myself but WHY does everything on qvc have to be "little"??? i've just seen 10 minutes of quacker factory (more than enough) and i've seen a LITTLE top that you could find in a LITTLE boutique with a LITTLE santa, LITTLE GOLD THREAD (!!!), LITTLE sequins and LITTLE rhinestones.

and that's just what i remember. i'm sure there were some LITTLE buttons, that is was perfect with a LITTLE trouser and a LITTLE pump, for a LITTLE gift and to wear to a LITTLE party.

add to that at every opportunity some presenters are reminding us that they're extra small.........do i need to get my microscope out to watch qvc or something? apart from the obvious lack of vocabulary, i just don't get it. it's bordering on true brainwashing.

AND DONT FORGET the LITTLE black dress (that you squeeze into despite being the size of a rhino), so that you can gorge for England down at the LITTLE Italian restaurant !!!!! (they are never BIG Italian restaurants are they)

It's the equivalent of the N.Ireland 'wee', as in ...

Do you have any 'wee bags' with you?
Have you got your 'wee clubcard' ?
Just take your 'wee card' out again.
You can enter your 'wee PIN number' now...
Here's your receipt and some 'wee vouchers'.

(Supermarket based examples only).

purple - yes, the scots say that too. so why doesn't it irritate me? maybe because it's something they've always said so therefore has a certain charm. maybe because this morning i heard it 4 times in 4 seconds - "there's the little edging and the little leaves and the little berries all in the little ceramic pot".

it's even more annoying when it plain doesn't make sense - "the little edging", "the little gold threading" grates more than "the little berries". it's the same with "for you". "here i have a lovely new top for you" is marginally more bearable than "you could team this with the black trousers for you"

i'm finding it hard to believe this just evolved along with "like" "kinda" "sorta" every other word because most of them started doing it quite suddenly. although having said that they do copy each other's affectations. i'm thinking it is a brainwashing technique, i suppose to try and portray an element of cuteness which appeals to women, similar to the use of "your" to plant into the viewers brains a feeling of ownership.

Latest posts

Back