Lisa Snowdon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
What's the general opinion from the items on the website?

Personally, if the stones aren't of a decent size and quality I would rather have Eek or semi precious stones.

Looks like it is all claw setting and no stones. I hate claw settings anyway and sometimes there are so many it just looks like a lump of solder.

As I can't imagine LS would consider any thing like this for herself (or from GC) so why go over all that crap about her total nvolvement.
Don't think these are for me any won't be surprised to see them in clearance soon.

Diamond dust? Accents? Not impressed so far would rather have costume pieces unless I could afford a more substantial 'real' piece.

Another celebrity flash in the pan. This range will surely bite the dust, along with Ann Diamond and Arlene Phillips (who is even now in last clicks). I'd so much rather qvc brought back some of their genuine designers like Hajit Gorali, who had some really lovely stuff. What is it with everyone's obsession with celebrity? Putting these people on air just bumps up the price of the tinpot offerings.

Another celebrity flash in the pan. This range will surely bite the dust, along with Ann Diamond and Arlene Phillips (who is even now in last clicks). I'd so much rather qvc brought back some of their genuine designers like Hajit Gorali, who had some really lovely stuff. What is it with everyone's obsession with celebrity? Putting these people on air just bumps up the price of the tinpot offerings.

I have a number of Hajit and Kimberley Selwood pieces and agree we need more quality. Tasco is the only one left.

I think the Q is hoping her name and 'celebrity' will carry this range. I have recently started watching gems tv again, since redundancy, and the prices there for diamond jewellery, even in silver as with the Lisa Snowdon line, were ever so keen, and for a heavier diamond carat weight. I can only assume that anyone willing to pay the over the top prices for these pieces, are doing so mainly because they perceive them as being 'designer' jewellery.
btw, what is Lisa Snowdon well known for? I only recognise the name because she used to go out with George Clooney. Obviously didn't do her career any harm!

Quality diamonds will never be set in silver - end of... I know that sounds harsh but it's true.

You're better off just getting eek and then saving up for some quality when you can afford it.

Why do companies assume that we will pay over the odds if they slap a 'celebrity' name on it?

I think the Q is hoping her name and 'celebrity' will carry this range. I have recently started watching gems tv again, since redundancy, and the prices there for diamond jewellery, even in silver as with the Lisa Snowdon line, were ever so keen, and for a heavier diamond carat weight. I can only assume that anyone willing to pay the over the top prices for these pieces, are doing so mainly because they perceive them as being 'designer' jewellery.
btw, what is Lisa Snowdon well known for? I only recognise the name because she used to go out with George Clooney. Obviously didn't do her career any harm!

Yes isnt she only really a celebrity because of who she went out with, must have been the days when Clooney wasnt very choosey

That reminds me of Liz Hurley, I don't know if I'm right but until she appeared in 'that' safety pin frock on the arm of Hugh Grant, nobody had ever heard of her? She says she's an actress! Must have graduated from the 'Block of Wood' acting school lol!!

She co-presents a breakfast radio show on London's Capital Radio & I think she is on Britain's Next Top Model plus she appears in the M&S adverts.

She's very brash! I had to switch her off, she was getting on my nerves. Jewellery was a bit disappointing.

Why have QVC gone down the road of pushing wares with celeb names....do they really think the bulk of their audience is so shallow? What happened to Imperial Gold, Black Hills Gold and the like? Those brands didn't need celeb names attached to them to sell....they were excellent quality at reasonable realistic prices. It seems to me that QVCUK have lost the true meaning of their name and they've joined the "Rip-Off Britain" society!!

Why have QVC gone down the road of pushing wares with celeb names....do they really think the bulk of their audience is so shallow? What happened to Imperial Gold, Black Hills Gold and the like? Those brands didn't need celeb names attached to them to sell....they were excellent quality at reasonable realistic prices. It seems to me that QVCUK have lost the true meaning of their name and they've joined the "Rip-Off Britain" society!!

i think the price of gold would have one factor in that but there is more to it than just that

i think the price of gold would have one factor in that but there is more to it than just that

I appreciate the price of gold has increased in recent years SCW but I still don't think it's necessary to have celebs sitting in the studio alongside such things as beauty and jewellery products when we know full well that the bulk of them have had absolutely nothing at all to do with the styling, manufacture, etc. of said items. Lulu is a great example.......she knew zilch about Time Bomb yet wanted us to believe she had "hands on" experience with the production of that perfect skin care!

I appreciate the price of gold has increased in recent years SCW but I still don't think it's necessary to have celebs sitting in the studio alongside such things as beauty and jewellery products when we know full well that the bulk of them have had absolutely nothing at all to do with the styling, manufacture, etc. of said items. Lulu is a great example.......she knew zilch about Time Bomb yet wanted us to believe she had "hands on" experience with the production of that perfect skin care!

well its each to their own i think

I think her dads lord Snowdon.. I quite liked the styles sold quite a bit a lot of advanced orders

Lisa Snowdon is from WELWYN GARDEN CITY, - hardly Lord Snowdon territory, same place as Alesha Dixon (I wonder when her beauty/jewellery/fashion range is coming out ???)

There does seem to be a lot of AMBASSADORS (new buzz word) about lately - fronting products for a few quid extra in the bank, even Clare Sweeney has her picture plastered all over the Daily Express as the new "Ambassador" for a bingo game I think : David 'bl...dy' Beckham has yet another 'Ambassador' title for something in China; Carole Vorderman is the 'Ambassador' for Isme and any publicity going. The list is endless, and personally I wish they would take all their millions and live on another planet, as none of them exactly save a child from dying do they.

She's very brash! I had to switch her off, she was getting on my nerves. Jewellery was a bit disappointing.

I didn't take to her when she was on SCD so I didn't bother to watch yesterday, don't think that I missed much....imo it is just another celeb fronting a jewellery show...same as/same as.....

Latest posts

Back