Linwoods seed mixes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I have considered purchasing these packs as I am vegetarian and my immune system is extremely low(nothing to do with being vegetarian) and, after seeing them in Holland and Barrett, buying from QVC is a nno risk purchase. The on air guest said the taste is very pleasant but, after speaking to a lady in said health shop, she didn't agrree but said it was bearable.
Has anyone used these nut/seed mixes and, if so, did you see any results. healthwise? Also, what is the taste like?

I bought the set of four packs from QVC. I sprinkled a couple of dessertspoons on to porridge or weetabix. They don't really taste of anything but the texture is definitely gritty. I also tried them on a stir fry and that wasn't very pleasant.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't see any health benefits after using the four packets and certainly wouldn't re-purchase. I have problems with my immune system also and didn't find any benefits in that direction.

I have considered purchasing these packs as I am vegetarian and my immune system is extremely low(nothing to do with being vegetarian) and, after seeing them in Holland and Barrett, buying from QVC is a nno risk purchase. The on air guest said the taste is very pleasant but, after speaking to a lady in said health shop, she didn't agrree but said it was bearable.
Has anyone used these nut/seed mixes and, if so, did you see any results. healthwise? Also, what is the taste like?

I'm a big fan of seeds as they provide an excellent source of Omega essential fatty acids (3,6 & 9), a good supplement if you don't eat oily fish often, they also provide protein, antioxidants and fibre. I usually sprinkle it on top of porridge, or fruit with muesli and yoghurt and then add some whole pumpkin and sunflower seeds for crunch.
As mam as said they don't really have a flavour as such, a bit nutty perhaps but they do have benefits and have helped me a lot.

The vitamins and minerals in the seeds will help with your immune system but you would also need a good intake of Vitamin C too. I wouldn't expect these alone to really have a big effect on immunity, as you do need other vitamins and minerals too. Omegas are good for the heart, skin especially eczema , tiredness, PMT and lowers blood pressure amongst many other benefits. It also depends of course on the reason for low immunity.

I saw these yesterday and worked out that QVC was cheaper than buying from Holland & Barrett including the delivery cost - so like for like - H&B £22.36, QVC £19.45.
H&B prices were on offer too. Sainsbury's also stock these but not the whole range. It would be worth you trying with the 30mbg and see if they are of any benefit to you. I will get them from QVC in future as they are cheaper....makes a change! :wink:

Seems to be conflicting opinions here.Perhaps it depends upon the individual and one's diet and lifestyle. Might give them a go and, if they have no positive effect, will use the 30 day mbg.

I tried the flaxseed with cocoa and berries one. Used to add it to my smoothie every day but I noticed it made me bloat badly whenever I used it, so I stopped adding it and chucked it away. I add oil to them now (either Udo's or Beauty Oil) instead.

Latest posts

Back