Limited Stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
How many times have we heard ate Q presenter say we are down to the last 10% or this is limited stock or we only have X number of these left. This is supposed to make us rush to the phone and get ours before they are all sold out. What annoys me most is when the say we have just 10 left, for all we know they started with 10. I would like the Q to clarify how many of an item they have so WE can be the judge of just how popular this product is and if it really is selling out. Sometimes when they are down to their last 10% it may have been on a really expensive item of jewellery and they may have only had 5 to start with. So, come on Q put a little box in the corner with how many you have and let us see the number go down, other shopping channels can do it, you are supposed to be the best so surely you can.

I'm going to F.A.R.T...sorry, talisker25...but whether there is 10 to start with or 10,000 does it really matter? The question is...do you want the product or not? I don't care if there is only one item left for the whole UK, I ask myself do I really want it or need it and can I afford it. If not then QVC can keep it, if I desperately want the item I can always get it on waitlist...generally I cancel my waitlist order when I discover I didn't really need it that badly. I just think all this presenter babble about 'queues on the phone, limited stock, don't know if we'll be getting this back' is just pressure to buy.

I don't really like the counter idea - seems a bit tacky to me. I agree with Huggles: I don't care how many they have in stock - do I want the item or not?

How many times have we heard ate Q presenter say we are down to the last 10% or this is limited stock or we only have X number of these left. This is supposed to make us rush to the phone and get ours before they are all sold out. What annoys me most is when the say we have just 10 left, for all we know they started with 10. I would like the Q to clarify how many of an item they have so WE can be the judge of just how popular this product is and if it really is selling out. Sometimes when they are down to their last 10% it may have been on a really expensive item of jewellery and they may have only had 5 to start with. So, come on Q put a little box in the corner with how many you have and let us see the number go down, other shopping channels can do it, you are supposed to be the best so surely you can.

Strictly speaking, if they only had 5 to start with, it would be impossible to go Limited Stock, because 10% would be half an item!! Just a thought!!

I'm going to F.A.R.T...sorry, talisker25...but whether there is 10 to start with or 10,000 does it really matter? The question is...do you want the product or not? I don't care if there is only one item left for the whole UK, I ask myself do I really want it or need it and can I afford it. If not then QVC can keep it, if I desperately want the item I can always get it on waitlist...generally I cancel my waitlist order when I discover I didn't really need it that badly. I just think all this presenter babble about 'queues on the phone, limited stock, don't know if we'll be getting this back' is just pressure to buy.

I agree entirely. They might have sold 10,000 but that doesn't mean it's right for me.

If you go to buy something in a shop and there's two on the rail you wouldn't ask how many they had sold you would just decide yes or no.

If you're not sure about something you can always put it in your basket on the website and take half an hour to think, there's no need to commit just because something has gone limited.

If you're not sure about something you can always put it in your basket on the website and take half an hour to think, there's no need to commit just because something has gone limited.

Good point. It's also worth remembering that if something sells out or goes waitlisted, look again half an hour later as people often 'cool off'. :spider:

Latest posts

Back