Lime Tree Pantry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
Thought they had not been on QVC for a while, this product has moved to a channel that seems quite 'new' called Blueberry TV. Anyone know anything about why they have left the 'Q' apart from the fact that the pies they sold were very expensive!!

Thought they had not been on QVC for a while, this product has moved to a channel that seems quite 'new' called Blueberry TV. Anyone know anything about why they have left the 'Q' apart from the fact that the pies they sold were very expensive!!

They were on QVC on Tuesday this week.

AND, their prices have come down if you shop direct (not on QVC)

I like to keep some of these in the freezer. they have a special offer on their website, 4 pies each of meat and fruit for about £18 incl postage. however the site is such a mess I cannot deal with it, and could not even find a tel no. not prepared for the hassle, so doing without.

they often have a stall at the monthly farmers market style thing where I live and I have seen their stuff in Asda.

on the show they did last week, craig rowe was presenting. he was given a turkey pie, which was cut into "live" and i swear there was nothing in it except a load of gravy and a few bits of pink looking minced up meat. it looked crap. totally empty. this was despite the lime tree bloke going on about the massive chunks of meat... er no grandad there wasnt. it was whisked away sharpish of course.

later in the same show they had a larger version of the same pie on sale and had a sample already cut open for the packshot. crammed with white turkey breast of course. it was like a whole turkey breast with a crust on.

the guest also boobed by saying some people would recieve their orders withinh 24 hours, depending on where they were inj the uk. this was after CR had gone to considerable trouble to say that every pie was made "to order".

so we're supposed to believe that as the order goes in, the same night some old biddy will a roilling pin makes a pie which gets frozen and delivered to the customer the next day? i think not. they clearly have a stockpile of the stuff in anticipation of orders coming in. the made to order thing is just a lie.

theres a desperation about this brand that i dont like.

I totally agree with you on everything you've said above BurlyBeaR, and thanks for saying it! Absolutely Spot On!!

A battle of the Pies !!!

I feel a battle next year starting over QVC pies.
When Andrew Burgess from Exmoor Style was on last with the Christmas Meats TSV they had an item consisting of a pie selection.
He said that next year the brand will be expanding to include pies in the range.

the guest also boobed by saying some people would recieve their orders withinh 24 hours, depending on where they were inj the uk. this was after CR had gone to considerable trouble to say that every pie was made "to order".

Yes you might get it in 24 hours but he didn't say it might just be thrown over your fence, dumped in your wheelie bin or left in your electric meter cupboard!

Seriously though I have tried one of these pies which was bought at a craft fair not from QVC and it was very nice.

I bought a couple of their pies at the craft fair in Glasgow last month and the chicken one was lovely, did have large chunks of meat in it, in fact plenty of filling full stop. The same goes for the lamb & mint and the beef & Guinness.

the exmoor pies were incredibly expesive and very small.

i like the lime tree pantry pies when i tasted them at hampton court last year.
marjorie is really nice and freindly selling away.

seems like a nice company but qvc are selling the for a lot more money than at the shows. meat pies were around £2.80 and quite big. when you bought a pack of 4. quite good value.

Latest posts

Back