Life Threatening Advice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SusieSue

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Just caught a few minutes of a presentation with Dale and some woman demonstrating a pack of three shears.

She is cutting up a chicken breast while briefly mentioning that the shears cannot be put through the dishwasher but should be 'wiped over with a damp cloth'

So the salmonella which is probably in the chicken transfers to the shears which transfers to the cloth (while still hiding on the shears) which transfers to anything the cloth touches.

I know these people are clueless but that is downright ignorant and dangerous!!! :mysmilie_51:

Can't use in dishwasher, then its hot soapy water to clean. How long would it take to say that on air? Ye gods, between social services coming out for being late collecting children from school. QVC really are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Can't use in dishwasher, then its hot soapy water to clean. How long would it take to say that on air? Ye gods, between social services coming out for being late collecting children from school. QVC really are living in cloud cuckoo land.
Ah yes but the bin lids on arsebook lap it up. Come Christmas all their kid will be in care and suffering with salmonella ... Happy Christmas

What! They have cases of it, is it on easy pay and with free p&p :mysmilie_17:
From Talisker X :mysmilie_19:

No, no free and p&p, but I can offer you half price on each consecutive case providing it's exactly, exactly the same. :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_17:

If they're the Kuhn Rikon shears then mine have been round the dishwasher a few times with no ill effect. On me or the shears. I don't think I would use scissors in the kitchen that couldn't go round the dishwasher. And clearly I completely missed the fact they weren't dishwasher safe!

My scissors are nearly all from Aldi and they go in the dishwasher at least twice a day.
They were cheap and I have had them years.

Just posted a comment on the Q arsebook page about this, i wonder how long it will last...

I see Q's FB mods have responded to the comments immediately before and after your one...absolutely shameful if they ignore it, for one thing, they could potentially be held liable on the basis of such duff advice! Just goes to show what a cut-price outfit Q has become - obviously no preparation or rehearsal beforehand, they don't really give a toss about their customers and god forbid they fork out for a guest presenter who actually knows what they're talking about.

If they're the Kuhn Rikon shears then mine have been round the dishwasher a few times with no ill effect. On me or the shears. I don't think I would use scissors in the kitchen that couldn't go round the dishwasher. And clearly I completely missed the fact they weren't dishwasher safe!

I have those shears and it just says wash in hot soapy water, nothing about not washing in a dishwater. Just do not leaving soaking in water.

Well done. I wonder if you will get a x with your standard reply from Leex, Rachelx or whoever elsex is on today?

I have had a response from Rachel x
rachel x.JPG

Point 1 - - I have these shears, why oh why would a "quality" firm like KR produce an expensive item like this and then not make them dishwasher safe??

Point 2 - - I have never had a dishwasher but hope this doesn't put me at risk of salmonella. I had it once as a teenager, and never want it again!

It is a pet hate when QVC says "cleaning is easy, just put it in the dishwasher". Grrrrr

The advice given on how to clean the scissors with a wipe was useless and a potential health risk and hopefully most people wouldn't do it but it shouldn't have been said.Salmonella,Listeria or [I]Campylobacter[/I] aren't particularly pleasant for anyone especially for the elderly, young or immunocompromised.Will Rachel or her kiss giving buddies act on customer concerns?If they have brain cells they will before something more than a broken candle or bashed box happens.The Green Seasons fiasco was another potential food poisoning issue. All might not continue to be rosy in QTowers if they don't take things seriously.

Last edited:
The advice given on how to clean the scissors with a wipe was useless and a potential health risk and hopefully most people wouldn't do it but it shouldn't have been said.Salmonella,Listeria or Campylobacter aren't particularly pleasant for anyone especially for the elderly, young or immunocompromised.Will Rachel or her kiss giving buddies act on customer concerns?If they have brain cells they will before something more than a broken candle or bashed box happens.The Green Seasons fiasco was another potential food poisoning issue. All might not continue to be rosy in QTowers if they don't take things seriously.
I doubt that they will listen to the customer until something happens. Last week it was Simon dairylea telling us if you are late picking up your kid from school then you will have social services at your door. What tosh, this week it's Dale trying to give us food poisoning. My wife had campylobacter a few Years ago, nearly killed her. Not something caused in the home I may add, we both have food hygene training. You could also be correct about green seasons food, I just wonder how many have thawed and been refrozen..

I reckon they don't give a sh** because as long as the pennies roll in that's all fine.I commented on the GS thaw but people buy even though they have bad service.If anyone got ill Q would Pass the Buck in my opinion.Look at how many moan about couriers so how easy to blame them rightly or wrongly.Would it ever be proven without a lot of tests who was to blame?Really you would think they would at least want healthy customers so they can keep on buying!!!

One of my sons nearly died from food poisoning and it was only because he was young and fit that he survived. He caught it from undercooked chicken at one of his friends Bar B Q. He was on weekend leave from barracks, drove back after the Bar B Q and later that night he became so ill he passed out and was found unconscious the following morning, was rushed into hospital and spent 3 weeks fighting for his life.
He then was brought home to me where he had to have totally separate cutlery, plates, his own loo, his bedding and clothes had to be laundered totally separate and anything he used had to be disinfected after use. Every week he had to take a stool sample for testing because long after the symptoms have eased the bacteria still lives in the gut. It took him almost 6 months to return to good health and he lost almost 3 stones in weight at the height of the poisoning and had to be kept constantly on a drip and was drifting in and out of consciousness. The Army rang us and told us we needed to get to the hospital asap.
Around the same time a Scottish nursing home had around 8 elderly people die from food poisoning and people don`t realise that true food poisoning isn`t just a gippy tum, it`s a killer and QVC are idiots if they don`t listen and ensure their presenters and their suppliers give correct info and use correct food delivery.

Latest posts

Back