LiEs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
LE's beautician sidekick on the LE show just said

"you can wipe away the lines of the years by using a good quality plant based skincare"

i'd like to see how that stands up to rigorous testing on people with "lines of the years" on their faces.

Considering its supposed to take up to 72 hours for a review to be posted, HOW IN HELLS NAME can there already be 5 star reviews DATED TODAY for the TSV.

I am beginning to wonder if qvc put these on there themselves.

So yeah, there are some real LiEs going on somewhere to be sure !!!!!!!!

I'm sure that neither QVC or LE would knowingly tell porkies about their products just to make a quick buck.

:angel:

Considering its supposed to take up to 72 hours for a review to be posted, HOW IN HELLS NAME can there already be 5 star reviews DATED TODAY for the TSV.

I am beginning to wonder if qvc put these on there themselves.

So yeah, there are some real LiEs going on somewhere to be sure !!!!!!!!

I have noticed this quite a lot recently. Obviously these people get an ultra quick delivery:wonder:

Surely the presenters shouldn't allowed to leave reviews. The reviews should be impartial shouldn't they, otherwise that's just an extension of La Q's sales spiel.

There's also these people (how are they chosen?) who get stuff to trilal ahead of a TSV date.

No, its the presenters. Charlie was given the TSV well before the TSV day. So I quess its the presenters giving the 5 star reviews.:yawn:

Wow that just proves their claim - according to CB's presenter profile he is 57. I must order a couple of gallons of that stuff - I can put it in the bath and re-juvenate my whole body.

I think those reviews are posted by the Dame Liz fanatics who would always love everything she cobbles together whether or not they have tried it!!!
The adulation is nauseating :down:

I think those reviews are posted by the Dame Liz fanatics who would always love everything she cobbles together whether or not they have tried it!!!
The adulation is nauseating :down:

They've got nowt better to do......................sad:mysmilie_490:

I don't see how she can say that...surely it is not even a proper sentence, nor is it good English? Also a huge exaggeration!

It's all a load of rubbish and acting in my opinion - a little while ago I saw LE asking one of the models who was demonstrating Cleanse and Polish how she used to cleanse her face (because naturally now she's discovered it, she only ever uses C&P!). The model replied that she used to use cleansing wipes, well the shock/horror reaction by LE and the QVC presenter would have made you think she was using caustic soda or perhaps neat bleach. Really made me see that it's all sales pitch. How much more believable and honest would a 'Well they're ok, but C&P is better for your skin' have been? A real eye opener for me.

In today's newspaper there's a big spread on what sort of world we'll live in in 50 years. They asked eminent people from the fields of science, arts, politics, medicine, history etc. for their views. Liz Earle was the expert they turned to for beauty. She said that she believes in 50 years time people will have gone back to the basics of cleanse, tone and moisturise using renewable botanicals! Now either she's a pioneering visionary, or else she's very short-sighted and unimaginative. Really can't decide which. One thing's beyond doubt though - she's one heck of a businesswoman!

Ah, but cleansing wipes are the devil! I am clearly going to hell for being a lazy person and having a box of Soap & Glory wipes next to my bed for those nights where I just can't be bothered and need my bed and a slightly clean face more than a 10-minute beauty routine and the most I can motivate my arms to do is brush my teeth.

Though of course now the sell Philosophy wipes there are exceptions... *eyeroll*

as far as a the review is concerned I thought QVC have a customer panle, who get to try the TSV to give feedback? So would it be possible that it is a customer review from one of them?
No idea if that is true, just heard it somewhere and always wondered how I get on the customer panel lol

as far as a the review is concerned I thought QVC have a customer panle, who get to try the TSV to give feedback? So would it be possible that it is a customer review from one of them?
No idea if that is true, just heard it somewhere and always wondered how I get on the customer panel lol

They do send the products out for people to try. I am not sure how they get picked though.:flower:

They do send the products out for people to try. I am not sure how they get picked though.:flower:

Number of positive reviews they've left on the QVCUK website, plus a low number of returns under the 30 day MBG perhaps? :wonder:

Number of positive reviews they've left on the QVCUK website, plus a low number of returns under the 30 day MBG perhaps? :wonder:

well that me out then as I have return a fair few bits over the years and not all of my reviews are good, started of with a negative one as a matter of fact :doh:

In today's newspaper there's a big spread on what sort of world we'll live in in 50 years. They asked eminent people from the fields of science, arts, politics, medicine, history etc. for their views. Liz Earle was the expert they turned to for beauty. She said that she believes in 50 years time people will have gone back to the basics of cleanse, tone and moisturise using renewable botanicals! Now either she's a pioneering visionary, or else she's very short-sighted and unimaginative. Really can't decide which. One thing's beyond doubt though - she's one heck of a businesswoman!

Or one heck of an Avon laydee :grin::giggle:

Latest posts

Back