Lesley vs. Glenn vs. Carla

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DrJude

Registered Shopper
Just been watching the fashion show with Julia and Lesley as the fashion 'expert'. I like her style of being the 'expert'. Calm, not too cliched. Just wondering how others like her - vs. the other fashion 'experts' that QVC use that aren't affiliated to a particular brand (I know Lesley does have a brand 'with sleeves' but in this show she was just the general 'expert' presenting a range of brands.

I like Lesley, she's very calm and measured and she seems to know her stuff. I also like Carla, who is very classy and nice to listen to. Glen I can take or leave, I don't mind him at all, but he does trot the cliches out more often than his little pump on a trouser.

Thumbs up for Lesley and Carla. I thought qvc had parted company with Glen but seems they just can't get by without him. No idea why. I'm sure he's a decent bloke but as for his expertise and extensive vocabulary - well it's all been said before. Many times. I think its very good tho that qvc are spreading the load between more presenters. Makes it more tolerable on the whole.

Can I please add my voice to those who would like to see the return of the 'thanks' option. It's a way of joining in without always having to post. The forum feels a bit sterile without it. 'Thanks!'

I don't really rate any of them that much.

Carla seems really nice but her look is very dated imho.

Lesley is the best of a bad lot. Glen gets on my nerves and i find Carla cold. Genevieve is another who is only ok - the blond not the irish one!

Ha ha ha - what exactly did you mean by that as my mind has gone into overdrive lol
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

He once was describing an outfit you could put together, and used the phrase "you could wear it with a little pair of pumps and a trouser", naturally I picked up on this and made it much ruder :grin:

I don't really rate any of them that much.

Carla seems really nice but her look is very dated imho.

I agree, and I don't really need any fashion expert to tell me what I like to wear....

Last edited:
The fashion shows on the Q are never on my radar as, being a size 4/6, they don't cater for me. I have always admired Lesley Ebbets, from years back, and would definitely regard her as more experienced and knowledgeable than Glenn Campbell. I put her on a par with Caryn Franklin, both know what they are talking about. Everything Glenn shows is suitable for everyone! Maybe I should call in on one of his shows and ask about catering - or lack of it - for more petite ladies. Wouldn't have to tell the gallery what my point was or they wouldn't put me through as I know for certain the answer would not be a positive one.
I don't watch IW, so don't know Carla from that channel. I prefer a guest presenter representing just one brand; she does several. If she just did Tignanello bags, which she did when I got mine, I wouldn't mind but, doing Lulu Guiness as well? And other ranges.
p.s Did anyone know Lesley has a 25 year old son, James Ebbetts Wilson, with Richard Whitely, the brilliant and much missed former Countdown host, and he inherited the majority of his father's estate?

Latest posts

Back