Leighton Denny TSV / Beauty Day - 18/04/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am tempted too as I like the idea of having the choice of neutrals or brights rather than some of both.

My hubby treated me to the set of LD crystal files for xmas as a surprise as I had been saying they looked good but were too expensive. They are absolutely wonderful and well worth the money. He got them directly from the LD website.

Lookfantastic.com also sells LD stuff and are always having sales and money off vouchers if you sign up for the newsletters.

What are LD nail polishes like?? I usually use OPI and wondered if LD ones are as good?

Hi rosey, I have both OPI and LD and think they are of a similar quality however would comment that I do have to watch how I apply LD because sometimes the lacquer goes on thickly and I then get a kind of lifting look at the end of my nails (as if the lacquer is actually lifting off them IYSWIM). I don't get this with the Pro Wide brush on the OPI bottles. I must say though that LD's lacquers all seem to be very glossy which I like whereas OPI do make some which are cremes and don't shine as much (this isn't a quality issue, just a preference). HTH.

What are LD nail polishes like?? I usually use OPI and wondered if LD ones are as good?

I am not that keen on LD polish, I find it chips and peels off very quickly so I stick to OPI and Nails Inc.

Oh - not sounding too good then. As I said I love the crystal files but I have tried some of the treatments and wasn't impressed with them. Have never tried the other stuff. Might just give this tsv a miss then. Thanks ladies.

I like LD as his colours are a little bit different, very rich and have a great shine to them. I find they chip about the same rate as my OPI ones - I can normally get through a week without having to repair chips. If you haven't tried his polishes Rosey I would definitely recommend giving them a go :up:

Pipa has said today that the gorgeous red colour she is wearing is part of the TSV and that there are lots of other colours too.

I can't get on with LD polishes at all. Lovely colours, but it peels straight off my nails in one strip. OPI and Nails Inc never do this on me.:down:

Both brands are really good. I had given up using nail polish until qvc persuaded me to try again. I do like OPI's wider brush but my biggest discovery is Leighton's 'wrap it up' set. It is a superb base and top coat and best of all it holds even cheapo polish in place for several days. Wouldn't be without that now.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Not sure If I'll try this as I have loads of Nails Inc. How many different shades of Polish do I need, me wonders????
Anyone want to talk me into it (he he I could be easily persuaded)

slightly off the topic of LD but has anyone seen the video on qgossip of ali young going on about beauty day "a special make up hour featuring not only jemma kid but JODIE as well"?:puke::puke: that will be worth watching for a laugh with her trying to get names out of them!

I can't get on with LD polishes at all. Lovely colours, but it peels straight off my nails in one strip. OPI and Nails Inc never do this on me.:down:

The exact same thing happened when I did a friends french manicure with LD so I wont be buying this TSV either.
OPI lacquers are much better and I think the avoplex oil is better than Slick Tips too

Leighton Denny 9 Piece Silver Screen Collection with Accessories
Today's Special Value Price £29.92
QVC Price £36.25
Item Number 229997
Availability In stock
UK P&P£4.95
Inspired by Leighton Denny's favourite films and their starlets, this Silver Screen collection contains four hot shades to take you from season to season, and a wealth of hero products to keep your nails in tip top condition. There's One For All, a top coat, base coat and ridge filler in one; Intense Manicure Nail, a dry oil treatment; the acetone-free Essential Removal; and a luxuriously rich hand cream. You'll also receive a corrector pen, a double-sided nail file and a hoof stick all presented in a gift box. Choose from Neutral or Bright options.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229997

Neutral option contains:

•4 x High Performance Nail Colours (12ml) in Hepburn (peach), Tiffany's (soft pink), Prima Ballerina (cream) and Brief Encounter (taupe)
•One for All (12ml)
•Corrector Fluid (12ml)
•Best Defence Hand & Nail Cream (20ml)
•Intense Manicure Oil (12ml)
•Essential Remover (50ml)
•Precision Correction Brush
•Hoof stick
•Uno nail file
•Gift box

Bright option contains:

•4 x High Performance Nail Colours (12ml) in Monroe (red), Some Like It Hot (pinky red), Madison (pink) and Millionaire (mauve)
•One for All (12ml)
•Corrector Fluid (12ml)
•Best Defence Hand & Nail Cream (20ml)
•Intense Manicure Oil (12ml)
•Essential Remover (50ml)
•Precision Correction Brush
•Hoof stick
•Uno nail file
•Gift box

Me too

I've ordered my TSV in both brights and neutral. They look gorgeous on screen!

Hi ,
I have done exactly that too. It is very good value and I had a freebie mini nail polish from LD at the Beauty Bash and really liked it. The hand cream and remover will be good sizes to take on holiday too - if the planes ever start flying again, of course!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Help! Need a fart on Leighton Denny!

:giggle:

As a newbie (poster...not lurker), I hope I've used that phrase in the right context! :giggle:

OK have just checked out my nail polish drawer and I have at least 90 colours, most of which are OPI, how many does a girl need?!?!? Someone stop me from buying the TSV!! I would only use 3 colours in each kit (don't like the white/nude one or the dark red) so before I do it............. help!! Someone give me a good reason not to buy the s*dding thing!!

Latest posts

Back