Leighton Denny TSV / Beauty Day - 18/04/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tabatha

Registered Shopper

Just to let you know there is a Leighton Denny TSV / Beauty Day on Sunday 18th of April.

thanks for that. Does anyone know whats in it yet? I know its a bit early to ask but still :cheeky:

I'm guessing that it will have some colours from the new collection in - I've seen one kit with a new colour in already, colour is Heiress. He does seem to do exclusive colours for QVC as well. x

I hope it includes a crystal file and some new colours. I've been holding out buying a file on it's own, and waiting for a TSV.

I hope it includes a crystal file and some new colours. I've been holding out buying a file on it's own, and waiting for a TSV.

My hubby bought me the set of two crystal files for xmas as a surprise as he knows I was lusting after them for ages but the price always put me off. They are by far the best files I have ever used and I have tried loads of glass type ones. Well worth the investment in my opinion.

I have ever bought any LD stuff but would be very tempted if the contents included;
1) a crystal nail file
2) a quattro buffer
3) a hoof stick
4) a bottle of supermodel nail colour.

I have ever bought any LD stuff but would be very tempted if the contents included;
1) a crystal nail file
2) a quattro buffer
3) a hoof stick
4) a bottle of supermodel nail colour.

You never know. I think most of this TSVs include the buffer and hoof stick. I sent him a message on Facebook about Supermodel and he said that it's a QVC colour and up to them what they do with it. Maybe he'll put together a collection of minis including this one as the full size was in a TSV originally.

I too was waiting for a crystal file in a tsv but was delighted to discover that the highstreet's most well known chemist now stocks both size files. I bought the smaller one, complete with case, for a tenner and can honestly say it's a real pleasure to use. So no p&p, no waiting for days to get it and no colours that I wouldn't have chosen - I'm a happy girl.

This is where qvc is invaluable though - I would never have heard of Leighton Denny or so many other nice brands and while I have bought lots of kits they allow me to experiment and next time look out for the bits I really like. So whilst qvc is a fantastic shop window to lots of good products they must be on a bit of a hiding regarding repeat purchases unless the value is undisputed. I think they must benefit from selling so many US brands where they are more or less the only supplier. :mysmilie_480:

Lookfantastic.com also sells LD and in their sale you can get some good bargains. I got an extra small crystal file for my handbag (complete with case) for £8 in the January sale.

Although qvc are cheaper for sets - you can get individual items from here.

I would only be tempted if the tsv was a maintenance kit, as I need to get my nails in shape before I can start usiing polish. I am currently using the OPI nail envy, avoplex routine, but it doesn't seem to be helping my nails at all. To be honest, I think my diet is to blame for the condition of my nails, and cosmetic products can only do so much.

I just wanted to ask if we had anymore updates.

I love my Crystal nail file set, so much so that I cried when I broke my little one. It had been a bad day and that was the final straw. I would love a little one on it's own in a case. I also would like to try the Renovate system and Miracle Drops. I have seen some of the new colours and am loving The Heiress and Notorious. Have always lusted after Rebel, Miss Behaving and Steel Appeal. And I wouldn't say no to a Precision Corrector and brush full or mini. So a set containing a combo of any of the above at a fab price would be brill! (I know I am asking a lot but hey!)

What I don't want is hand cream, hand wash, nail oil, top or base coat, a big buffer (though a mini quattro would be ok as keep giving mine away). Also I do get fed up when they go into ectasies over a hoof stick that cost about 0.001p to make.

I had this message on Facebook from Leighton

Leighton Denny 25 March at 23:43 Reply
Hi Guys

I will have 2 new TSV's launching Midnight Sat 17th April and all day Sunday 18th, I cannot say too much but you will have two options to choose from and both will include some exclusive colours (if I say any more QVC will skin me alive....lol)

Here are my show times...

00:00 midnight - 60 min TSV Launch Live
1 am for 18 min - Live
4am - 60 mins Repeat
7am - 18 min Repeat
8am - 60 min Repeat
9am for 16 min - Live
11:00 - 60 min - Live
14:00 - 60 min - Live
19:00 for 16 min - Live
21:00 - 1 hour finally Live

If your not tuning in don't forget to set you sky plus so you dont miss out on this exclusive great value collection - for more info and to see these shows from anywhere in the world - check out www.qvcuk.com

Many thanks

Leighton Denny

Possible LD TSV

Leighton Denny 9pc Silver Screen Collection
QVC price £36.00 TSV £29.92
Comes in a choice of neutrals or brights.

Neutral option contains
4 x 12ml High Performance Nail Colours in :-
Hepburn (peach)
Tiffany's (soft pink)
Prima Ballerina (cream)
Brief Encounter (taupe)

Bright option contains
4x12ml High Performance Nail Colours in :-
Monroe (red)
Some Like It Hot (pinky red)
Madison (pink)
Millionaire (mauve)

1x 12ml One for All
1x 12ml Corrector Fluid
1x 20ml Best Defence Hand & Nail Cream
1x 12ml Intense Manicure Oil
1x 50ml Essential Remover
1x Precision Corrector Brush
1x Hoof Stick
1x Uno Nail File

Having already acquired 5 new OPI lacquers (purchased 1 and swapped for 4 minis) since returning from holiday I think MrM would skin me alive if I even mentioned this! It's not as if I need any new ones, really. x

Having already acquired 5 new OPI lacquers (purchased 1 and swapped for 4 minis) since returning from holiday I think MrM would skin me alive if I even mentioned this! It's not as if I need any new ones, really. x

Quite.:clapping::clapping::clapping::up:

I too was waiting for a crystal file in a tsv but was delighted to discover that the highstreet's most well known chemist now stocks both size files. I bought the smaller one, complete with case, for a tenner and can honestly say it's a real pleasure to use. So no p&p, no waiting for days to get it and no colours that I wouldn't have chosen - I'm a happy girl.

This is where qvc is invaluable though - I would never have heard of Leighton Denny or so many other nice brands and while I have bought lots of kits they allow me to experiment and next time look out for the bits I really like. :mysmilie_480:

Took the words out of my mouth. I bought a single LD crystal nail file in Harvey Nicks in Manchester four years ago - don't normally go in there but I learnt from QVC that they stocked his stuff so I too got one for a tenner. Wouldn't be without it, don't want to sound too much like LD (though we do both hail originally from Bradford) but it does stop my nails from breaking and works out cheaper than constantly replacing throwaway ones over a lifetime (providing I don't drop it of course...). Since finding QVC I've tried all sorts of products from them first then re-purchased elsewhere - Elemis on offers in Debenhams, Decleor same in House of Fraser etc - really only buy TSV's, OTO's, free P&P deals and such from QVC now.

I would only be tempted if the tsv was a maintenance kit, as I need to get my nails in shape before I can start usiing polish. I am currently using the OPI nail envy, avoplex routine, but it doesn't seem to be helping my nails at all. To be honest, I think my diet is to blame for the condition of my nails, and cosmetic products can only do so much.

Have you tried ProStrong? I had absolutely no success with the famous OPI regime (in fact I thought it was awful - I'd put two coats of Nail Envy on then one more on alternate days as advised by AY but by day three or four my nails looked terrible with several coats of chipped matted gunk on them. Far from growing they seemed to break and fracture more. I cringe when I see them advising this routine now. No-one with any sense would have had any nail envy looking at my tallons in that state...) But I gave ProStrong a go and haven't looked back. I just got one of their maintenance kits and used the fluouride nail strengthener and one of their oils, and I used (still do) the Nails Inc acetone-free polish remover because a stripping remover can undo the good work of the other products I know!) Due to lifestyle changes I'm not putting my nails through as much grind now and don't need to use it but would suggest it to anyone having nail problems especially those who are getting no-where with OPI's supposed tried and trusted cure. HTH!

I think I might be tempted to buy this TSV - I don't have much in the way of pale coloured polishes :clapping:

Latest posts

Back