Leighton Denny Sun-Believable Accelerate Me

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Molly you should contact Q about the "faulty pump" :wink: and they'll send you a return label. Such a shame the product leaked all over the box as well! :happy:

Marina & Akimbo - once you've put the Superdrug accelerator to the test I'd be keen to know whether you think it's effective. I've only ever used one brand of tan accelerator, the Elemis one. I'd never have bought it as a stand alone item as I thought they were just a gimmick, but it was part of a TSV several years ago. I used it for the first time last year and again this year, for three weeks prior to going on holiday, and got the best tan I've ever had - despite being very fair skinned, liberally applying SPF 30 and sitting in the shade the whole time (I can't take sitting in full sun). I planned to try the Superdrug one next time around.

I have to say that myself and DD used the Elemis one this year prior to our jolly to St Lucia at the start of April and today we both still look rather tanned. It was just a week and she sat in the shade most of the time. Needless today I get mine elsewhere with no p and p. :glass:

Marina & Akimbo - once you've put the Superdrug accelerator to the test I'd be keen to know whether you think it's effective. I've only ever used one brand of tan accelerator, the Elemis one. I'd never have bought it as a stand alone item as I thought they were just a gimmick, but it was part of a TSV several years ago. I used it for the first time last year and again this year, for three weeks prior to going on holiday, and got the best tan I've ever had - despite being very fair skinned, liberally applying SPF 30 and sitting in the shade the whole time (I can't take sitting in full sun). I planned to try the Superdrug one next time around.
No problem, I will, however it may be a bit difficult because I've just come back from holiday and have fairly tanned skin at the moment, so don't know if I will be able distinguish a degree of new tan. I have used it today and "sunned" at lunch time so far don't see the difference but as I said it will be hard to see. Unless of course I put it on one side only... I'll think about this one.

DD used it in the garden for most of today and the SPF30 worked well (no pink bits). If the weather holds for the week I'll report back on her tanning progress!

I have been sunbathing for four days now and I am I impressed with the LD one. Usually I burn then go white again. This year I have a nice colour already. Although my freckles came out on day one! I tried the Elemis one last year and it didn't work as well. I have been using ultra sun as well.

I think my skin looks more golden this morning than it was yesterday, I bought the SPF15 one.

DD's colour looks nice this morning, she's pale and often fake tans but she's a more natural golden this morning, apart from her nose which is a little pink! My son's going on hols at the end of June and his ears pricked up when I mentioned the tan accelerating ingredient, so if this encourages him to keep topping up his sun protection while he's away that's a real bonus.

So far it seem like a good buy for the money. I'll keep updating this thread if the weather continues...beautiful here in Sussex this morning.

I'm envious of those in parts of the UK able to benefit from tan accelerator and sun protection - only 11 degrees and rain in N.E. Scotland this morning.

Hello PEBE, just saw you on another thread. How did the Accelerate Me worked out for you in the end?

I hear he is doing a new colour for his autumn collection: Leighton Denny's "bum-believable" with added JoeJoeba oil!

I purchased directly from LD and dissapointed to find there was no info enclosed apart from a QVC advert and the instructions on tube so small couldn't read it. For the first time in living memory we are having 30• and despite using for past two weeks still as white as a sheet. Unless there is big improvement will not buy again.

I bought EcoTan for my hols in May/June and thought it was pants - didnt make a blind bit of difference. So much so that even though there was a good thirdof the bottle left when it was time to fly home, I threw it in the bin rather than pack it. Tried the Elemis one a few years back and that didnt do anything either. That's me and tan accelerators done with.

Latest posts

Back