Leighton Denny comeback?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I don't use Gatineau but like to watch some of the shows.
She's like that with Andrew I've noticed. I know they go back a long way, but the way she speaks to him sometimes......very patronising, she's become far too cocky.
I saw her a few weeks ago on a beauty show. I don't remember the product but the BA or possibly the lady whose products they were said to use the serum or one of the other items before moisturiser. AY contradicted her and said to use both. I remember a few years ago at the Elemis counter in our Debenhams one of the girls said AY was giving out wrong information concerning what order to put products on.

I hope he goes somewhere that appreciates him and word goes around where he is. I'm wanting well needing some nail treatments. My nails show the state of my mental health and looking at my nails..... Things are not good. But have painted toe nails earlier because I always tell people you can't be unhappy with pretty pink toenails. Yesterday pink had to be a bright coral/watermelon whatever it is. I don't have a sensible answer to men, but if you want to see if it works.... I'll send you a pot if I can see the photos.

Hi Jenni, nice to meet you. I am using LD’s Renovate at the moment. Sometimes M&S do 20% off beauty products and then it is a good time to buy his products. I think I have bought some nail varnishes from T K Maxx at times too.
I love the cream and little nail file buffer too.

Hello Jenni it is so lovely to meet you and I am glad you have plucked up the courage to make that first post, that's the hard part. This is a friendly, welcoming place and it's great to find out about upcoming tsvs and otos, I do like a bargain. I used to be a massive ld fan too,I found him so much fun to watch. I used to be addicted to buying nail products but with all the washing of hands and using hand sanitizer millions of times a day I am now just using lots of hand moisturiser and my nails are pretty good.

Once again welcome to the board 😘
Thank you, and hopefully, we see him again soon.

Welcome to the forum. First and early posts can be hard so you've started nothing to stop you now.

My name is of course totally real. 🙄😉

I've seen LDs teasing and messaged him. He answered me so I can confirm that he is looking to return to TV selling. When and where I've no idea.

Glad you've posted this as I wanted to and wasn't sure where to place it. Therfore thank you for having the courage to step out.

Enjoy your time here and don't be afraid to pass comment.
Just so long as he is coming back then I have something to look forward to, I miss his shows, he always made me laugh with his stories.

Yes, I don't use Gatineau but like to watch some of the shows.
She's like that with Andrew I've noticed. I know they go back a long way, but the way she speaks to him sometimes......very patronising, she's become far too cocky.
I always thought that Leighton was friends with Alison outside QVC?

TJC is a possibility too as they have branched out
I do not mind what channel he comes back on so long as he does.

I hope he goes somewhere that appreciates him and word goes around where he is. I'm wanting well needing some nail treatments. My nails show the state of my mental health and looking at my nails..... Things are not good. But have painted toe nails earlier because I always tell people you can't be unhappy with pretty pink toenails. Yesterday pink had to be a bright coral/watermelon whatever it is. I don't have a sensible answer to men, but if you want to see if it works.... I'll send you a pot if I can see the photos.
I love to see bright colours on others but I find it hard to apply so keep to LD's more natural shades, I love his Supermodel polish colour the most.

My fingernails have always been prone to splitting & flaking regardless of my healthy diet & the amount of care they receive. I only use products that are cruelty free & don't contain palm oil, after a lot of searching I've now found quite a number so I can mix & match without them getting used to one item. I don't like feet, unless they belong to babies & cats, & do a complete pedicure every week with daily maintenance because I never want to be in a situation where my feet would be seen looking a revolting mess. I found your third sentence very interesting; I reached 61 without having any MH issues, I grieved when our first baby died & when my parents passed within months of each other but my mental equilibrium remained. However, the first lockdown, & losing my niece & a friend when their operations were cancelled, flattened me. I knew that I had to keep doing the things I'd always done because if I didn't I'd feel even worse, it sounds shallow but maintaining my nails, eyebrows & hair gave me focus & decorating the outside made the inside feel better.

The Emma Hardie range was on Q years ago, always presented by Emma herself.
When on with AY, you could tell she wasn't impressed by being constantly talked over. Her irritation was plain to see as the hour progressed, I almost expected her to say shut up 😶
The range disappeared from Q after only a short while.

Anyway, about 4 years ago they had BA's from the brand in our M&S. I chatted with them and was given samples.
I asked why the brand had left Q, she told me that Emma didn't think it was the right platform for her brand.
I mentioned about her experience with the presenter (no names mentioned )
She didn't say a word but gave a knowing look.
Make of that what you will.

As I say, I do like Ali Y, but my word is she marmite even to guests!
In Q world it always seems nowadays that the presenters' egos get in the way of competent, informative and even entertaining presentations of the products. It is a real shame.

Mine are the same, with the splitting. Have you tried Orly's Tough Cookie? It worked pretty well for me.
Does it have formaldehyde in it? Lots of gardeners and strengtheners seem to, sadly.

The Emma Hardie range was on Q years ago, always presented by Emma herself.
When on with AY, you could tell she wasn't impressed by being constantly talked over. Her irritation was plain to see as the hour progressed, I almost expected her to say shut up 😶
The range disappeared from Q after only a short while.

Anyway, about 4 years ago they had BA's from the brand in our M&S. I chatted with them and was given samples.
I asked why the brand had left Q, she told me that Emma didn't think it was the right platform for her brand.
I mentioned about her experience with the presenter (no names mentioned )
She didn't say a word but gave a knowing look.
Make of that what you will.
I also talked to one of their reps in our local M&S, asked the same question & had much the same response.

Does it have formaldehyde in it? Lots of gardeners and strengtheners seem to, sadly.
I found this -

Nope - it's formaldehyde free. As you say, so many things have it in. And, it actually seems to work - after having tried a million treatments that do nothing.
Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 13.36.40.png

I found this -

Great minds...:)

I was very friendly with an Emma Hardie rep, she used to work in my local SpaceNK and that is how I got to know her. She was always very generous giving samples mini pots of the cleansing balm etc.

I used to chat and ask how well the brand was doing just selling in stores etc. Now, we are in N.I. so M&S in Sprucefield Lisburn she could easily sell £2000 per day! Bangor which is a seaside town M&S not far behind that figure. EH went on QVC to get the brand name out there and then did so well in normal stores and different online retailers they no longer needed QVC.

She used to tell me upcoming deals from the brand in M&S, I remember the set of 3 50ml pots of cleanser push 3 cloths for less than buying the 100ml pot.

Feelunique had an amazing deal at the end of 2019 full size face mask, Vit C moisturizer, 50ml cleansing balm plus 3 extra cloths for £60!

Mine are the same, with the splitting. Have you tried Orly's Tough Cookie? It worked pretty well for me.
Thank you. I know that Orly are cruelty free & can't imagine that this would contain the detested P O so will have a look. I'm the only weak nailed person in my family, it's a pity because my nails are a nice shape & when they're all the same length they look good. Of course I'm probably meant to be a lady of leisure who has staff to do all the menial tasks & my hands should just be used to display my diamonds & lift champagne flutes ☺️

Thank you. I know that Orly are cruelty free & can't imagine that this would contain the detested P O so will have a look. I'm the only weak nailed person in my family, it's a pity because my nails are a nice shape & when they're all the same length they look good. Of course I'm probably meant to be a lady of leisure who has staff to do all the menial tasks & my hands should just be used to display my diamonds & lift champagne flutes ☺️
I never had problems with my nails until my thyroid diagnosis, not sure if it is the condition or the medication that caused my nails to peel and become detached from the nail bed but it was quite depressing in a way.
I tried everything that I could think of including LD and Nail Envy. Whilst using Nail Envy I had horrendous flare ups around my eyes, had to see another consultant for that 🙄 It was obviously an allergic reaction to something so after ruling out as much as I could I emailed QVC for a list of ingredients, they didn't reply so I contacted Nail Envy and one of their people sent a list of ingredients and told me that some people are allergic to particular items. Stopped using it and everything cleared up.
Still had the problem with the nails though. Last year youngest Twirlette went camping to Norfolk and bought me home a gift set from the Norfolk Lavender Farm at Heacham. There was a little pot of Lemon and Lavender Nail Balm and since using it at bedtime my nails are the best that they have been in over 13 years! She is going again later this year and I intend to ask her to get a few pots for me.

Latest posts

Back