Leggings and toe posts.........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nettiepink

Registered Shopper
Unfortunately the above didn't get binned in the clearout or lost in the move.....................she's got them on on the 10 o'clock hour!:dull:

Unless of course they walked there on their own...........:wonder:

Hahaha! Good for her! At least in this uncertain life some things never change! Go Julia!!! You rock those toe-posts!

I was trying to think just how long she has been wearing the toe post/ legging combo, but I can't remember. Anyone else hazard a guess? I reckon she'll hang on to them until they drop to bits. After all, they are a recurring topic on here and we all know how much HM likes to be kept in the spotlight.

Leggings have apparently been around since the 13th Century but I'm sure Julia's had that pair a little longer as she's so "fashion forward" and all that. The toe posts come from her training as a Geisha girl in a former life.

If toe posts are aka flip flops then I live in them too. Or rather "Fit Flops", and only at home. And never with leggings. I have Jeans dresses or long skirts.
I think Julia looks good, most of the time I see her. She has her own signature style. Good for her. I for one don't wear what other people decide for me. If someone does not like what I wear then they can F off, it's got nothing to do with them. Keep being yourself, Julia.

I didn't like the top nor how it fitted. We KNOW it's a small 'cause Kim said so and that Julia was taking it away from the models. And Kim's clothes so clashed with that set - which has parquet flooring, steps, squares, rectangles, curves, gilt, blue, brown etc. etc. Someone hit the 'edit' button. And put railings on those steps, it's dangerous let alone with high heels!!! It's a matter of when, not if, there's a tumble. IMO

We all have favourite clothes we like to wear Im sure but what might pass for wearing to the supermarket and what is acceptable for presenting supposedly high end goods on national telly are two diferent things. Just shows the difference between real tv professionals and certain shopping channel hosts if the likes of Holly Willoughby can manage to look so well groomed every day. Puts me off even looking at whats on offer if the presenter looks like shes just rushed on set and not even bother to change for work. lazy.

Has anyone thought she might do the Max Wall look just to get us talking about her on here because whenever she does someone always posts, and we all know how much she loves attention.

Cant believe management dont tell some of them to smarten up their act. Theyd be preferable in some sort of uniform at this rate.

Now now they're jeggings and not leggings. There's a difference you know. Julia says there is. And they do look like jeans from the front but I don't know. And if you study closely I think she has more than one pair! Sometimes they have a seam detail across the knee and sometimes they don't.

A couple of weeks ago she did a show wearing palazzo style black trousers and she looked fab. They made her look more petite than the jeggings.

On the whole I think Julia looks fab. I don't even mind the jeggings or the toe posts I just don't think they're great together. The jeggings worn with boots are great and the toe posts look nice with a summery frock.

I think the jeggings really came into their own for Julia when she lost the weight and was happier with her figure. They're her version of skinny jeans.

I KNOW its purely a matter of choice, but honestly I really cant stop laughing when I see ...............

Pippa with her stick insect legs wearing skin tight, crinkled around the ankle, leggings/ jeans, worn with skyscraper heels
Franks with her stick inset legs wearing palazzo pants in full sail, again on Elton John style platforms, teamed with her one shoulder creations
Chuntley in her extensions, attempting the world record for the highest platforms
JR becoming the next Joan Collins with her ever increasing bust and rapidly ageing upper arms on show
Debbie F managing to make all fashion look as though its come off a market stall
Joy being unmercifully squeezed into everything
Goody wearing that sodding black picture hat most of the time
Carmel's hair.

I don't know about it being a Circus opening, most of 'em wouldn't look out of place in a Pantomime !!!!!!!

I was trying to think just how long she has been wearing the toe post/ legging combo, but I can't remember. Anyone else hazard a guess? I reckon she'll hang on to them until they drop to bits. After all, they are a recurring topic on here and we all know how much HM likes to be kept in the spotlight.

Perhaps theye are like Triggers brush in Only Fools.

Had the same pair for 20 years, just had 5 different soles and 7 different toe posts

I do hope that, now and again, the leggings/jeggings go home from the dressing room for a "freshen up". Also, I hope JR doesn't attempt to use the new stairs in her toe-post things!

How short is Anna's dress in the Yankee hour? Yeeowzer, girl!!! Brissles, you are hilarious! Do more, please. Goody's black gloves, BethTheGurner's hair bow. Puhleeze, more funny true-isms!

yes, I was just thinking that Snarly. She better be careful how she crosses her legs! When the show started i thought 'poor Anna, Mrs Grumpy will eat her alive, but things seems to have been quite happy.

How short is Anna's dress in the Yankee hour? Yeeowzer, girl!!! Brissles, you are hilarious! Do more, please. Goody's black gloves, BethTheGurner's hair bow. Puhleeze, more funny true-isms!

I don't know why, but the leggings and the toe posts don't bother me (possibly because I just like Julia lol!) - although at the same time, weirdly, I can see how they would wind people up big time.

I think Tinkerbelle's analysis is spot on though: they're actually 'jeggings' and she has more than one pair, the jeggings look better with ankle boots - the toe posts look better with a summery frock, and she started to get into them when she lost the weight.

Incidentally, just to add flames to the fire: do any of you remember Julia wearing the toe posts with an evening gown at the Oscars that time?! I don't think this was a dream (or nightmare LOL!!) - I'm sure she did, but I don't recall any hoohaa on here about it, so maybe that's why I have a shred of doubt about it. Anyone out there with a memory like an elephant, who could verify this? I need to know.

.....Incidentally, just to add flames to the fire: do any of you remember Julia wearing the toe posts with an evening gown at the Oscars that time?! I don't think this was a dream (or nightmare LOL!!) - I'm sure she did, but I don't recall any hoohaa on here about it, so maybe that's why I have a shred of doubt about it. Anyone out there with a memory like an elephant, who could verify this? I need to know.

It has been mentioned -
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?28349-La-Roberts-in-toe-posts-rant...../page5

It's not like the presenters need to be red carpet glamorous all of the time (although JR DID wear those awful shoes on the red carpet...cringe) but they need to look well kept, polished and not like they got dressed in the dark in an Oxfam shop....

just looking for a variety

Maybe her feet are painful and toe-posts are the most comfortable. But wear more than just black. Eek ones, purple, red, silver, bronze, Birkies, Scholls - there's so many to choose from at Hotters or FlyFlot. C'mon if I can have a variety with my sore and big paws, so can she with her diddy ones. PS the lighting in my den is better than in their studio.

Latest posts

Back