Leather cleaner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LynneH

Registered Shopper
I recently got a new leather sofa and I'm after some cleaner for it. I was wondering if anyone can recommend one for me please. I remember one that used to be on QVC all the time demonstrated by a Scottish man. I can't see it on the web site but I think I've found it here . Is it any good or is there something better? At the moment I'm using a damp microfibre cloth to remove muddy footprints from it (new puppy :wait2:) but that's probably not doing it a lot of good.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I can't remember the name of the product properly,Leather Lustre perhaps? I've used it on my leather suite and throughly reccomend if you can get hold of some.

i was told by a man in the furniture dept of john lewis never to use anything BUT a damp cloth on leather, because most of the cleaning products on sale leave residues on the leather which arent particularly good for it. ive followed his advice and my leather armchair looks exactly the same as it did 5 years ago when i bought it.

i was told by a man in the furniture dept of john lewis never to use anything BUT a damp cloth on leather, because most of the cleaning products on sale leave residues on the leather which arent particularly good for it. ive followed his advice and my leather armchair looks exactly the same as it did 5 years ago when i bought it.

I agree,had our 2 sofas over 7 years,only ever use a damp cloth on them.They still look ok,just a bit worn but they will be after 7 years of abuse from 2 adults 3 kids and a dog!!
Got leather cleaner but never ever use it!

Thank you everyone. It's interesting about the damp cloth. I was convinced that it was probably the wrong thing to be doing.

Latest posts

Back