LE Superskin Moisturiser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly

Registered Shopper
Today, I opened the LE Superskin Moisturiser and tried it for the first time.

The smell was awful! It smells like fish oil.

I bought it in July so too late to return it but I think it will have to be binned. LE stuff usually smells divine so I don't understand why this one doesn't.

You should contact QVC and tell them you don't think it smells right and if they won't do something about it contact LE direct and see what they say.

The Superskin has a fairly neutral smell, certainly not fishy and LE says her products are good for 3 years unopened. That's the problem when you buy stuff and put it away for 'later', the 30 day mbg is long gone if it's not suitable. :(. Hope they can help you Tilly as it's a fantastic moisturiser.

if you get no joy with qvc, try the liz earle line direct - they are really hot on customer service so should hopefully help out if qvc fail you...good luck!!

I would return it to LE direct. They would not want you to be disappointed and I'm sure they would replace it at the very least.

Thanks for all the advice, I will contact LE.

I will let you know what happens.

I agree with everyone, contact LE Direct and they will send you another FOC I'm quite sure of it, they are superb.
I have to say though the Superskin moisturiser does have a slightly unpleasent smell to it, not at all like any of the other Liz Earle things, which are all devine.

Thanks Jenny,

There is nothing 'slight' about this. It smells like full blown fish oil.

I hate the smell of Ojon - stale cigarette ash come to mind - but I can just about stomach that but this is really awful.

I often wonder why Ojon don't fragrance their shampoos and conditioners?

Maybe I am just getting old and fussy!

The LE Superskin does smell awful, I agree. I can hardly stand putting it on my skin and for that reason, I only use it once a week - it isn't THAT strong but when it's under your nose all the time, it's not pleasant. I still use it because in the morning, my skin feels fabulous. I got mine from LE direct.

Ojon

Thanks Jenny,

I hate the smell of Ojon - stale cigarette ash come to mind - but I can just about stomach that but this is really awful.

Hi,
Funny isn't it, but I love the smell of all Ojon products and when I took them to the salon to use, my hairdresser and the junior who washed my hair, both commented on the lovely fragrance the shampoo and conditioner had!

Still, it would be a dull old world if we all liked exactly the same things, I suppose.
:33:

I would contact liz earle direct if QVC wont do anything to help. I've contacted liz earle about an odd cleanse and polish which was bought and used months ago and it was not a problem. They sent a postage label and sent me a new product. :1:

I didnt think the superskin smelt at all and normally i cant wear perfumes as i get a headache but i really like the smells of the products. I find them very light and floral, but i dont like ojon!:1:

Thanks Jenny,

i thought the same thing about ojon and so looked at the label...there IS fragrance in there!!! so they WANT it to smell like that!!!

thinking about your LE problem - it may be omega oils that have gone off - make sure you store it in a cool place and away from direct sunlight in case this is the case. good luck!

Today, I opened the LE Superskin Moisturiser and tried it for the first time.

The smell was awful! It smells like fish oil.

I bought it in July so too late to return it but I think it will have to be binned. LE stuff usually smells divine so I don't understand why this one doesn't.

I had a small pot of this, which had a neutral smell, liked it and bought a big pot. After 2-3 months, it STANK (and it was kept in a cool dark cupboard). Like very old chip pan fat. I contacted LE CS as I bought it from them and after numerous emails where the CS rep kept repeating that it was normal for it to smell that bad due to the vegetable oil, blah blah, I gave up and threw it in the bin as the smell was that awful it made me want to retch. I won't be buying LE SS again.

Latest posts

Back