Le Creuset TSV 07/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Le Creuset Cast Iron 30cm Shallow Casserole with Grill Lid
Item Number: 806492
QVC Price £249.00
Todays Special Value Price £198.96
P&P £0.00

From French heritage brand Le Creuset, this shallow cast iron casserole dish slow-cooks delicious dishes to perfection, while the base can be used separately to saute, braise, bake and roast for everyday cooking, and the lid can be flipped over and used to grill, sear and brown meat, fish and vegetables. A piece of multi-functional cookware that will last a lifetime, this Le Creuset casserole dish would make a thoughtful yet practical gift for a new homeowner or aspiring chef, and is the perfect dish to complete your kitchen.

*A great saving: If you were to buy this item directly from Le Creuset you’d pay £299. So to get it for a Today’s Special Value price of £198.96, including P&P, is an incredible saving of £100.04.

This is dinnertime fashion - whether the family are gathering around the table or you're throwing a dinner party for a group of friends, this casserole dish is the perfect kitchen-to-table piece. Serving straight from a cooking dish creates a wonderful home-cooked vibe, while the craftsmanship of this dish will add real style points to your table setting.

Lifetime quality - a real heritage piece of cookware, you can pass this down to your children to help inspire them to create delicious meals for their own future family. Plus, Le Creuset is proud of their workmanship quality, and offer a Lifetime manufacturer's guarantee.

Cooking simplified - this multi-functional cast iron dish makes cooking whatever you fancy that bit easier. It helps to distribute heat evenly and slowly over the entire pan, and will keep your food warmer for longer at the table. Plus, it has a smooth enamel interior that is stick-resistant, and is suitable for dishwasher use, making clean up a non-issue.

Complement any kitchen - in a choice of six stylish colours, you're sure to find a shade to suit your tastes. Go sleek with Satin Black, channel traditional country chic with Almond, or go bold with Cerise, iconic Volcanic, Marseille Blue, or the Le Creuset trend colour Rosemary.

Lifetime manufacturers guarantee - see below more further information
Suitable for use on all types of hobs (including induction) and in the oven
Dishwasher safe
Use a low-to-medium heat
100% enamelled cast iron
Capacity: 3.5L
Width: 30cm (11.8”)
Weight: 4.59kg

Colour options:

Marseille Blue
Satin Black
Rosemary
Almond
Volcanic
Cerise

Delivered directly from Le Creuset: please allow 5 - 7 working days for delivery. UK mainland only, excluding highlands and Ireland

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806492

I like the look of Le Creuset but I can't lift them even empty.THEN I saw the price of this---YES loveheart the world has obviously gone mad! Is this an 'investment' piece?Totally ridiculous, I must try & watch a presentation to see the creative way they try to justify this.No P&P of course?

Have more than 2 pieces of Le C and most modern kitchen shelves can't cope with the weight ! A French brand suitable only for rustic French kitchens with concrete blocks for worktops !!! - oh yes, and a bodybuilder husband to lift the damn things empty or full.

My sister and her hubby were given a set of Le Creuset saucepans for their wedding in 1978 by her well-off brother in law. As far as I know, they're still going strong. The pans I mean, not my sister and her hubby!

This is one of the few brands QVC have that I actually like, as their products will last a lifetime or three. Unfortunately, you do have to pay extortionate amounts for this.

I think the USP for this brand is the fact that the lifetime guarantee is truely that and as long as the set is still within the family then apparently the guarantee is 'good' (though how they prove that I don't know), what I do however find extertionate is as ever QVC's P&P the TSV has a price of £0.00 and yet to send a book out it costs £5.95 which for one of them is half the cost of the actual item. I know that this brand is probably for people who have other designer kitchen items such as 'kitchen aid', or Bribantia (bins) or Smeg toasters (I mean really over £100 for a two slice toaster)!! or Meile etc (you get my drift), so like with anything in life, there is a market for people who have and have not got the money or sense (though of course people with less money I tend to find have more sense as they know the value better, so buy brands that are good quality, but do the function that they are designed to do, people who have more money than sense tend to have (in my opinion) a laisse faire attitude towards money), thus £200 for a crocpot may seem 'sofa change' for them!

Oh I can hardly keep my eyes open - another yawnworthy set of burnt orange saucepans. No thanks. Besides, on the dreaded "high street" in Muswell Hill there is actually a Le Cresuset shop.

I like the look of Le Creuset but I can't lift them even empty.THEN I saw the price of this---YES loveheart the world has obviously gone mad! Is this an 'investment' piece?Totally ridiculous, I must try & watch a presentation to see the creative way they try to justify this.No P&P of course?

I know I struggle with a full stainless steel saucepan never mind one of these, although they do last .

I know I struggle with a full stainless steel saucepan never mind one of these, although they do last .

I've got a LC saucepan. It was actually my grandmother's. Sometimes I use it for making cocoa in the winter (don't like to microwave it). The saucepan is actually older than I am yet it still looks brand new - so it serves as a testament to their quality.

How much? £200.00 for a casserole dish. Has the world gone mad?

I was just about to post this! The last (small) casserole dish I bought was Pyrex from Wilko for £10!!!!!! The other shops I source my heritage pieces from are Robert Dyas and Argos! However, I do think Le Creuset is good stuff, but it is far too heavy for me. Still calling cookware things like an investment or whatever is just plain wrong IMHO. It is to be used. But my goodness, fancy buying your range of dishes and pans at £200 a pop! When I had my kitchen done last year I replaced all my saucepans etc and bought Stellar and Judge which at the time seemed quite an outlay... but seems quite economical now.

I was just about to post this! The last (small) casserole dish I bought was Pyrex from Wilko for £10!!!!!! The other shops I source my heritage pieces from are Robert Dyas and Argos! However, I do think Le Creuset is good stuff, but it is far too heavy for me. Still calling cookware things like an investment or whatever is just plain wrong IMHO. It is to be used. But my goodness, fancy buying your range of dishes and pans at £200 a pop! When I had my kitchen done last year I replaced all my saucepans etc and bought Stellar and Judge which at the time seemed quite an outlay... but seems quite economical now.

I love Pryrex, everything I get for the kitchen is Pyrex, I love their casserole dishes they transfer the heat great and you can see through the glass how you food is coming along. I bought a set from Argos years ago for £12 and believe it or not, they still look as good today. They brought out sets that have a better grip on the handles and these are great too.

I love Pryrex, everything I get for the kitchen is Pyrex, I love their casserole dishes they transfer the heat great and you can see through the glass how you food is coming along. I bought a set from Argos years ago for £12 and believe it or not, they still look as good today. They brought out sets that have a better grip on the handles and these are great too.

I got some from Tesco when they were giving vouchers out when you spent over a certain amount. That's a long time ago cos haven't been in Tesco for years.

I bought 2 saucepans about 20 years ago in a Debenhams sale.

One is still ok, but the other one has lost all the shine on the inside, yet I've never used anything metal in it.

In fact, this happened not long after I bought it, so it was probably faulty enamel, and with hindsight I should have returned it.

They weigh nearly 10lbs before you put anything in the damn things?
I use cast aluminium now, with a non stick coating. Much easier for my arthritic hands to deal with, and they don't break the shelves in your cupboards either! I have a Kuhn Rikon one, which I think was a TSV, and a Sainsbury's one, both excellent.
My only issue with pyrex is that it's dangerous if you drop it and it smashes. Mum cut her foot badly on one some years ago, on Xmas day morning, of all times to need emergency care!

Latest posts

Back