Le Creuset TSV 05/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just bought a Le Creuset grill pan in John Lewis today, for my sons birthday.He loves cooking. It is very heavy so Q will be able to bump up the postage.

I have been buying these for decades its time to stop. I usually by them when I change my kitchen not anymore far too heavy now I am getting on

Dread to think what the postage bill be! Le cruset is far too heavy for me. I would struggle lifting a full casserole dish out of the oven or cupboard. I have a large gratin dish and that is too heavy at times.

I have a couple of their items but I find them too heavy and too big now there`s just me and second hubby, all kids grown and gone for both of us. I keep meaning to pass them on to my daughter in law because their family is growing and large casserole dishes and griddles will be handy for her.

Yeah too heavy for me too,but OK for my strapping son. He loves to cook .i don't ,I could quite easily live on sandwiches if I lived alone.

Good Lord, I never knew Le Creuset was so expensive! I am just getting a new kitchen so a good excuse to replace the pots and pans. But I would expect a matching set for this money! So, lovely though I think it is to look at, I am out. Plus I would probably drop it on the new floor and cause some damage. I did look on JLP to check these prices out, and they do a lovely mint as well, but still too pricey for me.

We buy it in France and then weigh the car down with it coming back. It's about half the price in our 'local' shop, and it's essentially been marked up massively for the UK market - as we find with so many things. Staub and de Buyer do similar cast iron cookware which are better quality than the Le Creuset stuff.

Ouch that seems very expensive, saying that I didn't have to pay for them! I got a set 11 years ago as wedding gifts and they are still in great condition. You get used to the weight, in fact ordinary pans feel so light now. Chasseur is an almost identical range and cheaper I think if anyone is interested.

I've got one of those, bought 25 years ago, not sure which size mine is unless I fill it up with water and measure how much it takes. I haven't used it for at least 10 years though, but I do use my 2 le C saucepans.

I got them all in a Debenhams sale. I think the casserole was about £30, but that was 25 years ago money.

i always used to buy them more snob value than anything else but the reality is i dont like them anymore. too heavy now i am getting on

They look nice, but are ludicrously expensive, and soooo heavy! I've had several pieces but they have all now been replaced by cast aluminium with non stick coating, much more practical.

Latest posts

Back