Le Creuset TSV 05/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Le Creuset is top notch, no doubt about it.

But it matters not a jot what pot that clot Simon uses, he'll still burn what's in it :mysmilie_59:

thier alright used them for decades but not perfect. you can lose the enamel on the inside if your not careful and you cant use them again as they will rust. if you drop them they will break. notice that these newer ones have a metal knob. the old ones had a phenolic knob that breaks easily.
her presentations are interesting though. using the lid to bake a pie is a good idea. they look the part in a kitchen as they are expensive but more kudos imo

Just turned over to have a look and oh my word! :mysmilie_15: that TSV pan, one pan! costing £119.88 apparently cooks food "how you want it to be cooked" ahhh that's were I'm going wrong then, my pans are obviously cooking food how I don't want it to be cooked, I get it now. :mysmilie_17:

I love le creuset. Have a wonderful large casserole pot I have used for 25 years. My the price has gone up though! Don't think I could afford it now. I bought a similar pot from sainsbury which I think is just as good -£30

The woman who's presenting it has clearly been programmed by QVC - she's just suggested a blue ceramic salad bowl which costs £31 delivered could be used instead "to store eggs in it"

£31 for a glorified egg box. Really...?!

Last edited:
And a lot of the stuff seems to be ceramic, you can get some beautiful ceramic cookware out there at a fraction of the price, and the spin they're putting on this expensive cookware is hilarious.

SCW, Well, not really at the end of the day, it's still just cookware, nothing to write home about.

Good Lord, I never knew Le Creuset was so expensive! I am just getting a new kitchen so a good excuse to replace the pots and pans. But I would expect a matching set for this money! So, lovely though I think it is to look at, I am out. Plus I would probably drop it on the new floor and cause some damage. I did look on JLP to check these prices out, and they do a lovely mint as well, but still too pricey for me.
Rediculous privce, house of Fraser has this type of cookware and it looks almost identical. When I bought mine it was less that have the price and the quality is excellent and I would not use anything else..... Trouble is of course you have to go to the dreaded 'high street'. It is heavy to carry though....but

And a lot of the stuff seems to be ceramic, you can get some beautiful ceramic cookware out there at a fraction of the price, and the spin they're putting on this expensive cookware is hilarious.

Things is when it first came out, Burnt Orange only, there wasn't much else apart from the Prestige copper bottomed stainless steel pans that were comparable. I remember my mum had enamel pans when I was a little girl.

I will say, I thought the guest, Alison Haig, was excellent. Very competent, calm, and credible... very much in the Jilly Jones mould (have we seen the last of Jilly? I hope not). Good that Le Creuset didn't allow QVC to trawl winners of Masterchef/Great British Bake Off or any other shows ... or Caroline Sandry to present this.

Yes, prices are eye-watering, but it does seem to have gone down well.

It's clear, with ranges like Le Creuset and Lakeland, that they are aiming for a higher-earning shopper (who they think doesn't know or use cheaper outlets).

I will say, I thought the guest, Alison Haig, was excellent. Very competent, calm, and credible... very much in the Jilly Jones mould (have we seen the last of Jilly? I hope not). Good that Le Creuset didn't allow QVC to trawl winners of Masterchef/Great British Bake Off or any other shows ... or Caroline Sandry to present this.

Yes, prices are eye-watering, but it does seem to have gone down well.

It's clear, with ranges like Le Creuset and Lakeland, that they are aiming for a higher-earning shopper (who they think doesn't know or use cheaper outlets).

Jilly Jones only comes on air to do calico cottage now as she is now behind the scenes working with the buyers to bring us new & intresting ranges & im wondering if this is one of them ect

nice range but qvc prices did not tempt me plus i do have quite a bit that i bought many years ago.

Things is when it first came out, Burnt Orange only, there wasn't much else apart from the Prestige copper bottomed stainless steel pans that were comparable. I remember my mum had enamel pans when I was a little girl.

Talking about copper bottoming, can anyone say this tongue-twister fast and repeated - - - -

Are you copper bottoming 'em my man

No, I'm aluminiamising 'em maam

Latest posts

Back