Laura Geller tsv just arrived!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

slinky cat

Registered Shopper
My tsv has just arrived and I only ordered at midnight yesterday!
It is definitely the balance n brighten with spf and it's printed up as such in the instruction leaflet. I ordered the fair and porcelain. I'm normally fair but heard they had gone darker but this fair bnb is slightly lighter than my last non spf bnb.
I can't believe how fast it's arrived and I absolutely love it.

Bizarre that they didn't make more of it in the presentations! Thanks for posting SC. Is the label on the bottom of the B&B different?

Jude xx

Wow, that's quick - what time did you order it?

Which spackle is in the kit - champagne or plain?

I ordered at the midnight launch.
The label says:
Balance n Brighten Foundatin SPF15
Fair
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 10%
Purpose: Sunscreen

Hope this helps :grin:

The spackle is the original and is also printed up as such in the leaflet

The spackle is the original and is also printed up as such in the leaflet

:doh:

I wanted the champagne as that's what the website was saying and that is what a CS rep told me it would be when I phoned in.

This is definitely a case of lots of crossed wires!
The leaflets must have been printed up ages ago so there is no excuse for no one being able to clarify the contents.
I too would have preferred the champagne spackle but I'm happy enough with the original and more than happy with the new bnb.

I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record with this one but I genuinely don't get it.
As any SPF (other than the ultrasun / P20 variety of course) only lasts for two hours before it needs reapplying, does everyone who insists on using make up or moisturisers or other face lotions and potions honestly re-apply them every two hours religiously throughout the day??

Wow, the TSV made its way to Wales, too! 24 hours delivery as I ordered mid-morning. And after posting <Looky> I inspected it closely to make sure my pudgy, little paws were the first to dip in ... very happy with everything, Snarly very smug.

I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record with this one but I genuinely don't get it.
As any SPF (other than the ultrasun / P20 variety of course) only lasts for two hours before it needs reapplying, does everyone who insists on using make up or moisturisers or other face lotions and potions honestly re-apply them every two hours religiously throughout the day??

Precisely amn.

Mineral (i.e. physical) sunscreens need to be reapplied just as often as chemical ones.

This is from Liz Earle's own website about her Mineral Sun Cream SPF20:
Don't forget it is important to apply an adequate layer onto skin to ensure you are protected from the sun's rays and remember you'll need to re-apply every couple of hours for lasting protection.

Well glad to hear that so far some of you are happy. Laura did clarify her mistake and I heard her say on air with Pippa that it was the SPF version. Maybe the presenters had all conveniently forgotten as it was winding people up and generating interest whilst still getting sales without the hard sell.

As for sunscreen as I understand it chemical sunscreens needed to be reapplied but physical ones ie titanium dioxide just sits on the skin until it has rubbed off and needs reapplying, which you would do with your b & b if it had rubbed off. From memory Clinique city block was titanium dioxide and that lasted a while.

hate spf in makeup. i was hoping it was the origional. got bad reviews on qvcus not happy!

I really want the spf.I have roscea and wear suncream every day (good for the wrinkles too :up:)

I wear ultrasun because its lasts the hours I need to be out for.

Any make up base in a SPF is just a top up,but all the better in my case

Is it Titanium Dioxide in the Bare Escentuals foundation acting as a sunscreen? They don't mention re-applying the BE foundation throughout the day, but they do mention that their mineral foundation acts as a sun protection.

Jude xx

How long the protection lasts on your skin depends on how sensitive your skin is to the sun. SPF2 will give you twice your usual protection, so if you usually burn in 15 minutes, you'll be OK for 30 minutes and so on.

I am glad it is the SPF B'n'B after all though! If it has leaflets printed and everything I'm pretty convinced that it's an American Auto Delivery kit (which states it has different shades of Spackle, blush and eye colour) - although they're not getting the second delivery until May, so you could say we've got something before the US for once!

Yep it's titanium dioxide, that's also the sunscreen ingredient Liz Earle uses in her sunscreen. None of the skincare companies say it needs reapplying throughout the day. They say it will act as a sun protection which is perfectly true, but they don't say how long for do they?

Mine just arrived too though I ordered mine on Monday evening.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Got mine, ordered on Monday, love everything, looks better than on TV, BB is so silky, have not used yet, will put everything on tomorrow morning.
The bag is superb quality and size with gorgeous red lining, love that it opens all the way on the sides, light weight like a Kipling bag, Mally eat your heart out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back