Laura Geller TSV 31/7/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I emailed QVC saying I would be refusing delivery and returning under DSR, got the standard "should have received it by now, we'll send out a non-receipt letter" reply. Give me strength!
Chrissi, don't refuse it, it's a very good one this time, see if you can get them to refund delivery charge instead

Mine arrived today too - im in N Ireland and we usually get things a day or so later than everyone else so im quite impressed with the delivery this time!

Balance and Brighten is a bit of an odd one, isn't it? Was pleased yesterday and today as just did a quick dusting over my face to freshen my complexion, but decided to try it as a full coverage foundation this evening and it all went a bit orange. Do people wear it as a full foundation?
Maybe I'm just a little unused to powder-cream texture foundation? (always used bareminerals original in light before)

Mine arrived and the eye spackle and B&B are just as expected and I'm pleased with these. I was unsure about the lip gloss but thought I might wear it over a deeper lipstick, however it's scented so I'll probably never use it. I waved it in the direction of my 17 year old DD and you'd think I'd offered her a Bratz or Barbie lippy so that's the first casualty. I didn't try the eye shadow yet but the blush seems too cool a pink for my skin, even though I'm fair. Will try again before I make my final decision.

Balance and Brighten is a bit of an odd one, isn't it? Was pleased yesterday and today as just did a quick dusting over my face to freshen my complexion, but decided to try it as a full coverage foundation this evening and it all went a bit orange. Do people wear it as a full foundation?
Maybe I'm just a little unused to powder-cream texture foundation? (always used bareminerals original in light before)

This is my first try of the "fair" shade of B&B. I have the regular one but rarely use it because it makes me look a bit muddy/orange. I have bare minerals in the light shade, it has a yellowy undertone and having just received the b&b in the fair option, I see this has the yellowy undertone which suits me much better than the original regular. Did you get the regular? it may be that the fair would be a better match for you.

This is my first try of the "fair" shade of B&B. I have the regular one but rarely use it because it makes me look a bit muddy/orange. I have bare minerals in the light shade, it has a yellowy undertone and having just received the b&b in the fair option, I see this has the yellowy undertone which suits me much better than the original regular. Did you get the regular? it may be that the fair would be a better match for you.

OH god, my apologies, thank you for your reply but I'd gotten myself all confused. I actually use bareminerals in fair (so the lightest shade, but I'm using fairly light at the moment cos it's been good weather). I bought B&B in light. so I think it may be that I should've gone for the porcelain, however I was really put off because virtually every review I read said the porcelain makes you look ghostly, even those who use bareminerals in fair found it too light.

I can certainly make use of the B&B as a quick sweep over my face in the Summer, so the next time Laura has a TSV I'll give porcelain a go cos it should be better for over Winter. I think the yellowy undertone in the fair B&B may be too much for me with a heavier application.

Out of interest, do you have any application tips for B&B? I find the brush a little hard work to do the whole face with, but tried my bareminerals kabuki brush and it didn't seem to pick up too much product.

To be honest its been a while since I've used b&b. I have been using a liquid foundation(ysl) but in this hot weather wanted something "dryer" iykwim. When I used it today when it arrived I just buffed it on as I would bare minerals. I have to say though, I noticed the brush that came with it picked up loads of product and made the compact very powdery. I did look a bit yellow in one place on my face, I thought, to start with because I just dipped it in the top bit which had more of the yellow tones, so I made sure I swirled it about a bit - thats when loads of the powder got churned up I think! Thinking back to the demo though, laura just sort of brushed it on in one direction I think, no swirling on the face. I am going to try again tomorrow with the brush that came with it, but be a little less heavy handed I think. I have a double ended face brush with eyeshadow one end and foundation brush the other that I got years ago from LG and it is the same texture as the tsv one only bigger and is effective at picking up the product so I think its probably best to use the one that comes with it rather than a bare minerals one. I am looking forward to using it tomorrow morning from scratch, so to speak, and not over the top of my existing make up like I did this afternoon!:giggle:

Ooh, I'm so glad a few redheads have posted that they like it so much! It'll be a while yet before I get mine but I'm pale and redhaired so I'm really looking forward to it now. The last few tsv's were so dark and warm toned they did nothing for me, didnt like the matte textures either.

I use BM in Fair & find the B&B Porcelain perfect. The Fair was far too yellow & dark for me, I'm very, very light white blonde naturally so my skin is very pale like my red haired son's.
I'm hoping this set is going to be perfect, the last two were way too dark. That's if it ever turns up! Twenty miles from Liverpool & it still hasn't arrived, getting really fed up now.

Well mine is in the bloomin depot because it would not fit through the letterbox. Not happy and am going to complain.

I use BM in Fair & find the B&B Porcelain perfect. The Fair was far too yellow & dark for me, I'm very, very light white blonde naturally so my skin is very pale like my red haired son's.
I'm hoping this set is going to be perfect, the last two were way too dark. That's if it ever turns up! Twenty miles from Liverpool & it still hasn't arrived, getting really fed up now.

Ahh good, as you use bareminerals in fair too I think I'll try porcelain in B&B next time, difficulty for me is I have naturally black hair with porcelain skin so have to be really careful that I don't turn goth-like when wearing foundation!

Hope your kit arrives soon, the blush and eye shadow flatter my skin really well so hopefully they will do yours too x

imo b&b changes all the time.i couldnt use the b&b from the last tsv - it was very yellow,cakey and drying.this b&b from this set is not so yellow and a much better colour for me - i even went out in it yesterday as it is,rather than my usual way over my foundation as a finishing powder.now i may not do that all that time but i personally think the colour you get it pot luck! (i wear the fair)

imo b&b changes all the time.i couldnt use the b&b from the last tsv - it was very yellow,cakey and drying.this b&b from this set is not so yellow and a much better colour for me - i even went out in it yesterday as it is,rather than my usual way over my foundation as a finishing powder.now i may not do that all that time but i personally think the colour you get it pot luck! (i wear the fair)

That's another thing I like about the Porcelain, the colour hardly varies at all, sometimes just a tiny bit more pink in it.
Before they did it I ordered Fair a few times & the colour difference was amazing, sometimes it was almost like the original medium shade, sometimes lots of yellow or brown. Sent back more than I kept.

I find that if one is Porcelain to Fair you can apply the Porcelain and even it out with Tahitian Glow or some kind of bronzer to warm it up

im a little disappointed that the eyeshadow pan does not anywhere have enough of a patch to get just some pink out....im just ending up with a dirty pink all the time...quite prefer the definite split pan colours she has done before..rather than this random zebra stripe of colours

Mine arrived, wasnt really delivered though, RM left it on the doorstep at the front door on a busy road, hubby was going out and nearly stood on it!!! Think that was my last order...had enough

Latest posts

Back