Laura Geller TSV 17/01/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tried my BB and it feels very silky and powdery at the same time, I turned it over and the shelf life is 18 months as opposed to 24 on the one that I'm currently using. The label on the bottom is smaller than usual and has a different type of font and there's also minimal writing LG logo just two words Laura Geller and the red lips, I seriously think that they are trying to save on paint. When you buy a single item it's got that silver rim on the compact but not in a TSV.

I tried my BB and it feels very silky and powdery at the same time, I turned it over and the shelf life is 18 months as opposed to 24 on the one that I'm currently using. The label on the bottom is smaller than usual and has a different type of font and there's also minimal writing LG logo just two words Laura Geller and the red lips, I seriously think that they are trying to save on paint. When you buy a single item it's got that silver rim on the compact but not in a TSV.

The Artisans were having a bad day when they hand made the TSV, perhaps they were hungover hence cutting corners.

I’m disappointed that the box doesn’t have a lid but on screen it looked like it did, In fact, it’s an optical illusion :((( I had plans to use it for my make up

I'm a bit disappointed with the box too. Looks lovely, but feels quite cheap. I was going to leave my make up in it, but have changed my mind now & it's all in my make up bag or bathroom shelf.

Mine arrived today too. I was very excited to receive it. But here are my thoughts so far (apart from the packaging which I've commented on above):
1. Eyeshadow, Mascara & Lip Balm - really like colours of all of these. Look nice on, especially the lip balm (texture of this amazing too). I've put the lip balm straight in my work bag. The mascara brush is new technology for me. Looking forward to using that at weekend (only used Mally, Liz Earle & BareMinerals before).
2. Spackle - haven't used this yet, but my current primer will run out this week so I will get to try it then.
3. Body Cream - Initially wasn't sure, then I put a bit on the back of my hand. But have used it all over after a shower today & the fragrance has grown on me and the texture is amazing (much better than Josie Maran IMO).
4. BnB - didn't realise it was now 18 months in stead of 24, but then so is the eyeshadow and they will be used in 18 months anyway. At first I thought my TSV 'fair' was lighter than the one I'm currently using, but on further inspection I don't think it is.
5. Brushes - I love the retractable brush. Never had one before & it took me a while to get into the contraption but I will enjoy using that.

Mine arrived yesterday too. I like the eye-shadow and wanted to try the primer so am wearing today with B & B on top. Let's see if it as good as Mally. I agree the lipstick is lovely. I have sold the body souffle already as I found the smell far too sweet and sickly for my liking. I have the mascara for sale too because I don't need it. However I change mascara every 3 months so if it does not sell I will no doubt use it eventually.

I've never had a make up brand I like & enjoy using, until I discovered Laura Geller back in September.

I've tried bareMinerals, Liz Earle, Mally, Models Prefer/ybf & Doll10 from QVC, as well as a number of high street brands, but I do really like Laura Geller's make up. I think compared to some others I've tried from QVC especially, it's very professional and grown up make up. I'm defiantly converted, although I will use up what make up I have at home too. I might even change from Mally's Face Defender to Laura Geller's Finishing Powder next time I need a product like this.

I'm off the US in March on holiday, so I'm thinking of looking out for Laura Geller products while I'm there.

Can I ask people's opinions on the B&B in this particular TSV? I think it's very powdery this time round and lighter in colour like the SPF version, perhaps too much talk to make it cheaper or am I imagining things?

Hi Marina,

I agree that this B&B seems a bit more powdery but my fair is darker than normal so not sure what's going on? It's ok once on though, but I do think it's a bit different. I bought a kit from Feel Unique about a month ago too and noticed that has 18 months on it compared to the usual 24 months so maybe this is just a sign of things to come? I'm loving the TSV as a whole though......especially the lipstick and body soufflé. The cream smells a lot like the Laura Mercier body soufflé in amber vanilla to me, which I love so full marks for that. Are you happy with yours?

Oh, the lipstick, I forgot! It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth each time I use it, doh! I swear I don't put it in my mouth.
I'm undecided on this TSV as I got the Xmas one as well and may be being picky? I don't think I'm totally happy as any spackle is wasted on me and although I loved the smell of the soufflé at first I'm not so sure now. I'm still to try the mascara and the spackle. I like the eye shadow but it's soo samey in all TSVs. I now want Stila eye shadow called Kitten, yummy colour.

Well DD's TSV arrived but the B&B was broken which kind of adds to the feeling that the formula may have changed. On the rest of the set, I tried the Spackle and like it so I might find one on ebay, but neither of us liked the eye shadow or the lip balm (it smells sickly sweet to me). This is a worry as I returned the August TSV and cancelled the auto-delivery then I returned the Xmas TSV..has the Laura Geller bubble burst for me?

I would say that the Pink Grapefruit blush is the blush I like best; it's the perfect colour somewhere between pink and apricot.

I'm off the US in March on holiday, so I'm thinking of looking out for Laura Geller products while I'm there.

Laura Geller products are sold in Ulta and there are lots of these in Florida, they tend to be on the outside of shopping malls and sell similar ranges as Sephora. Ulta don't ship to the UK which is a shame because their prices are great. Have fun shopping in March warwa100 :sun:

I've opened mine now.
I really like this Spackle, more moisturising & not as slimey as the regular. It reminds me a lot of the Boots No7 one which I love & is expensive for a No7 item. Wasn't sure about the lipstick at first, like the texture but colour was dark for me but it's growing on me. Mascara I can take or leave as I have others I like, Mally & high street. My Porcelain B&B is darker than usual, all over beige instead of the pink/white swirls that are usually there. You might be right about it being more powdery too, what's going on?
Small brush very handy but would have preferred the bigger powder brush, I have loads this size from previous purchases.
Eye shadow I don't like at all, too shiny & the colour makes my eyes look sore. And I hate the body soufflé, find the smell overpowering & sickly, one bit on my hand was enough.
Will I return it? Probably not given the p&p cost. I've never sold on eBay, wouldn't know how.

Breeze don't keep it if you're not happy with it, the only power the Q customer has to influence QVC or Laura Geller is to return products that don't reach expectations they're created. If you return the set this week (i.e. within 14 days of receipt) QVC should* refund the original p&p as well as the TSV price. Even if you have thrown away all the packaging and even the invoice you can put all the items in a jiffy envelope and write your order & item number and your name, address, QVC member ship number on a scrap pf paper in with the make up. As long as you've returned every item in the TSV they will refund, and I've had the p&p returned for make up* that I've tested under this change in the DSR!

Laura Geller products are sold in Ulta and there are lots of these in Florida, they tend to be on the outside of shopping malls and sell similar ranges as Sephora. Ulta don't ship to the UK which is a shame because their prices are great. Have fun shopping in March warwa100 :sun:

Thanks for this :) Not going to Florida this time (hopefully next year though), but I'm sure where we are going (Pittsburgh) I'll be able to find an Ulta. I'm going to do some research before we go. Thank-you.

I'm not the only one to think that B&B isn't quite the same then. My latest one is quite dull on the skin. I buy medium but the brighten bit seems to be missing and I feel it looks a bit sludgy.
Also, every time I open the container there are crumbly bits, like they've been grated, and that's all I pick up on my brush. I haven't found anything better as yet though, but I'm not entirely happy any more.

I'm not the only one to think that B&B isn't quite the same then. My latest one is quite dull on the skin. I buy medium but the brighten bit seems to be missing and I feel it looks a bit sludgy.
Also, every time I open the container there are crumbly bits, like they've been grated, and that's all I pick up on my brush. I haven't found anything better as yet though, but I'm not entirely happy any more.
Just to say that mine is not dull thanks goodness (porcelain) but Fair looks duller on me than Porcelain generally.
Haven't seen any crumbles in mine so far, but will be keeping a close eye now.

Just to say that mine is not dull thanks goodness (porcelain) but Fair looks duller on me than Porcelain generally.
Haven't seen any crumbles in mine so far, but will be keeping a close eye now.

Oh well that's encouraging. I've been wondering whether I should give the fair a go. The thing is I am pale skinned but unfortunately in rather a sallow way rather that pale and interesting. I've felt ok with the medium until now. Maybe I've just got a particularly dark one. Has anyone tried both? I'd be interested to know what you thought.

Latest posts

Back